X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyatt Hua Hin

Haven't seen anything posted about the Hyatt in Hua Hin, so was wondering if anyone has gone recently? Curious to see how you would rate the facilities, beach, and staff. Any help is appreciated!
    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

its quite away out of the town, near the Chiva Som. The beach is good and the hotel is reated 5* and they run free shuttles from the Hyatt erawan in Bangkok.
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Good info, especially about the free shuttles. Just curious, but how did you know all this about the Hyatts???
      I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

I've stayed there many times and for my money it is one of the best hotels in Thailand. Really excellent rooms, nice site plan, wonderful pool area with a remarkable amount of privacy along a soort of winding river that connects several sections of it, and the beach is as good as it gets in Hua Hin (which is to say not very good, but pleasant enough for long walks).

As far as I'm concerned, being slightly out of town is a good thing, not a disadvantage. You're generally not in Hua Hin for the urban life. The drive into the big bad city is maybe five minutes tops.

The only negative thing I would say is that the food service is pretty ordinary to really lame, but there are plenty of good places in Hua Hin. You wouldn't want to eat in a hotel there anyway.

Comment

I think i read it in an expat rag in Bangkok. they were offering some cheap deal for the summer.

http://huahin.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Comment

DP,

Hua Hin afterdark is the local information website. Quite useful as you get a lot of expats commenting on the real scene happening in Hua Hin. www.huahinafterdark.com

Comment

I feel the Hilton is better located and has a great pub and food.
              When I was there during Songkran there were a few LB's drinking and dancing, not sure if they were PO or not.

Comment

Respectfully, the Hilton is a dump compared to the Hyatt. If you're looking for a quick hit to get out of the city for a day or two, I suppose it's okay; but if you want a classy, up-market vacation for several days, it's just not the right place.

Comment

I am in agreement with Oldasiahand, provided you understand the hotel is out of the 'village' centre. However it has a great location and gardens. Hilton is the old Melia which has in its favour its integral pub which is similar to what you would get in the likes of Riva's in the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit or Spasso in Grand Hyatt Bangkok (albeit its less dressy than either of the places) but other than its location in the middle of everything (not that there much to be in the middle of) there is not a lot going for the Hilton and transport is pretty easy to get hold off even if you dont have your own car. However having said all that, I still rate the Sofitel as being the best of all them - lovely grounds, old colonial buildings dating back to when the railway first came to Hua Hin and a central location from where you can walk to pretty much everywhere.

Cheers
                  Mardhi

Comment

Great info guys - I appreciate all your input OldAsiaHand, Newcomer, and Mardhi!

On a side note, the information I found about the shuttle is that it runs daily in the morning from the Grand Hyatt Erawan, but its 500 baht - not free. Maybe they could cut me a deal since I'm a Platinum member...

Comment

(oldasiahand @ Sep. 15 2006,13:15) Respectfully, the Hilton is a dump compared to the Hyatt. If you're looking for a quick hit to get out of the city for a day or two, I suppose it's okay; but if you want a classy, up-market vacation for several days, it's just not the right place.
                      Seems to be a theme with Hilton in Thailand. I haven't been to the Hilton near Wireless Rd, but I've heard that its only mediocre, especially when compared to its peers in that price range.

I've seen the Hilton Arcadia Resort in Phuket, but I was sorely disappointed. It was ok, but I think I expected more from the Hilton name as I have stayed at several far better Hilton resorts in Hawaii, Mexico, and Florida. It's too bad that Hilton hasn't spent time or money to bring its Thai properties up to snuff. The ones I've seen from Marriott and Starwood look hands down much better.

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Sep. 15 2006,08:49) On a side note, the information I found about the shuttle is that it runs daily in the morning from the Grand Hyatt Erawan, but its 500 baht - not free. Maybe they could cut me a deal since I'm a Platinum member...
                        They will often throw it in as as a bait to get the booking from Bangkok residents...

Comment

Hey, dummy_plug, you really do need to get out more.

The old Bangkok Hilton on Wireless Road disappeared in a puff of smoke a couple of years ago, at least it did as to being a Hilton. The management contract for the hotel was taken over by the Raffles Group, but they now operate the place as part of their middling 3 star brand, not as a Raffles.

Which, come to think of it, underscores your point.

Comment

The problem with Hiltons in Asia is that they were the first of 'international' brands - hence these days the properties are for the most part, pretty old fashioned, as the owners (not the managers eg Hilton) have not re-invested in keeping the product up to date. So incoming Hyatts and Marriotts, tend to be much better as generally they are newer properties. Its a similar situation across Asia for Hilton, just look at Singapore & Jakarta as prime examples of great hotels in their time with excellent locations and now a shadow of their past. Hilton also had big issues with the owners of the Nai Lert Park hotel, in that they refused to re-invest any profits in lifting the hotel.

Cheers
                            Mardhi

Comment

The Sofitel is best hotel in Hua Hin,and the Dusit is also very good,but is a long way from town,but you can walk into the centre of Hua Hin from the Sofitel in 5 minutes.
                              I stayed at Sofitel and enjoyed it very much,but i am not sure how welcome they would make a guest at breakfast,i think it would be ok if she arrives with you and is staying with you for the duration.

Comment

Working...
                              X