Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pattaya timeshare resorts - LB  friendly?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have any newer information than this long-dead thread re the view-talay condos -- specifically i'm looking at the new view talay 6 with its incredibly convenient location and/or view talay 7, right on the 'best' beach in jomtien.

are they seriously 'slums'? with 'the smell of piss'? i mean, i know photos can lie, but damn....

anyway, trying to make it for the month of july. something in the 35-50,000thb range, all-in (maid service, electricity, wifi, etc) and view talay *seems* to be one of the better options... unless its just an over-priced slum...

help?

tia

Comment

I stayed in View Talay 6 (next to Central Festival mall) for two weeks and would do it again.  It is not a slum, the rooms are better than any hotels in the same price range.  I stayed in a studio and it came with a small kitchen, nice sofa, king size bed, 40" LCD, DVD player.  There are at least two laundry shops on the first floor that are cheap and will clean your room if needed for a reasonable fee.  Hard to beat the location, and it is guest friendly.  The room I was in had good broadband service included.

Comment

thanks TopDog.
        do you remember who you went thru to get your room? i've found a half-dozen independent renters including names like viewtalaynet, viewtalay6, viewtalaydotcom, dancewatchers, etc. and i'm having a helluva time figuring what's included and what the hell's the difference between rooms, before i pay a big deposit.
        i'm wondering if i shouldn't just book a room at an LK for a couple nights and see what i can't find as a walk-in at view talay, especially if tourism is as down as i'm hearing -- but i don't know if you can even do that at viewtalay.

Comment

(thaibound @ Jun. 04 2010,05:15)
          thanks TopDog.
          do you remember who you went thru to get your room? i've found a half-dozen independent renters including names like viewtalaynet, viewtalay6, viewtalaydotcom, dancewatchers, etc. and i'm having a helluva time figuring what's included and what the hell's the difference between rooms, before i pay a big deposit.
          i'm wondering if i shouldn't just book a room at an LK for a couple nights and see what i can't find as a walk-in at view talay, especially if tourism is as down as i'm hearing -- but i don't know if you can even do that at viewtalay.
          I went through dancewatchers. Was a little skeptical of their web site but it worked out good, the manager is an American named Mike and he is very helpful and easy to work with. Be careful who you deal with, read a post on the FLB board that someone got ripped off on a view talay 6 deposit. I believe it was from a craigslist ad offering a room for 750baht/night, when it sounds to good it usually is. The only problem with waiting until you get there is that the rooms offered through dancewatchers usually fill up in advance.

Comment

(Stogie @ Apr. 23 2009,00:19) If you are there for a few days you might just about be able to get the stench out of your clothes. Hey, PD... have you been to these places for real? The noise, the smell of piss and foul cooking and laundry, the filthy lifts, the dirty shops as you go through the entrance, the drunks asking for a hundred baht till their 'money comes through', the piles of litter and empty bottles on the shelves by the windows, the stink of ash trays...

Get real... these are white trash slums.
            Sounds just like the Paris burbs...and the smell of cabbage in the hallways  

thaibound, seems like a good idea to just turn up and book in person these days. Although I think on your budget you'd have plenty of options for a long stay right about now. Maybe a nicer condo  
            Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

i think (hope?) you're right, guy.
              since my planned 3-month escape has now shrunk to a possible 1-month holiday, my budget is more than comfortable, but i'd still like to test out living in a condo to simulate what it would be like if i made the move longer term for retirement without the perks of hotel living -- 24-hr. front desk+security, daily maid service, known-in-advance lb/guest policies, etc. and instead had to deal with 'neighbors' rather than simply ignore other transient hotel guests.

and i'd hate to spend a week looking around and then not even have a full month left in my trip to take advantage of a 'monthly' rental....

sounds like it's probably back to soi diana for me...

Comment

I stayed for one month in a View Talay in Jomtien. 6k for one month, friend price.
                Had some friends paying 10-12k per month, full price. This is for studios about 30-40m2, really nice looking ones aswell.

No problems with any strange neighbours(maybe they get weirder in Pattaya, but who the fuck wants to stay IN Pattaya for a long time ), no one had problems with lbs, 24 hr security who will keep their id card for you.

Comment

(halla @ Jun. 04 2010,14:07) no one had problems with lbs, 24 hr security who will keep their id card for you.
                  that's (good) news to me.
                  will they also prevent a previous night's date from returning to knock at your door unannounced?

Comment

Dunno. I stayed there with a gf, so she could come and go as she pleased.

BTW. I know a guy who was renting a condo right next to the stork club. It was 25k a month and it was PIMP! The bathroom was friggin huge, man. And a nice swimmingpool on the top of the roof aswell, with an excellent view of pty. Great for poolparties.

Good security also. A heavily locked door, but I have no idea if they were card collectors.

Comment

Working...
                    X