X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Suites Pattaya

During my visit to Pattaya for the Miss Tiffany contest, we stayed at April Suites.

The address: 346/4 Pattaya Sai 2 Soi 6 Soi Saithong Moo 9, Nongprue Banglamung, Central Pattaya, Pattaya, Thailand 20150, just inside Soi 6 - across from Montien Hotel on 2nd Road.

The hotel is only 1 year old, so everything is still working well and looks new. Got a good deal on Agoda, 1232 Baht a night (not including hotel tax) and no breakfast for a Superior Double Bed room. It's 28 sq. meters - not huge, but not too small either. Rooms have great A/C, free wifi (good signal), and are non-smoking - but you can smoke out on the balcony. If they find you smoking in the room, there is a 3000 Baht charge, which I think is a good idea as it keeps the room fresh smelling.

Minibar has the free 2 bottles of water and nothing else. You can easily stock up with low cost beverages/food from the nearby Tops Supermarket. There is a laundry just across the side street from the hotel for a cheaper alternative to the hotel laundry service.

The advantage in being on a side Soi is the rooms are very quiet, no traffic noise, and no beer bars with blaring music nearby. There is a roof top pool and exercise room, but I didn't use these facilities. The room has an electronic safe, hair dryer, and a clothes drying rack (good for Songkran!). Staff are friendly, and the hotel is guest friendly - at least for the 1st guest - saw some guests with bar girls coming in.

Didn't get a chance to try the hotel restaurant as breakfast wasn't included. There is a room service menu, but they stop serving at 10:00 pm. Prices looked reasonable. There is a flat screen Sony TV - good picture and they have the usual Pattaya cable TV package - lots of Russian programs!

I recommend it for a nice relaxing place to stay and if you can get the Agoda special price, a good deal for the value.
    Attached Files

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Dumb question. Has any hotel in Thailand ever heard of carpet. In USA all have carpet. In Thailand I have yet to find one. Or is that like a box spring on a bed, strictly an American thing?
    TEXASMAC

Comment

The only Hotel room I ever saw that had wall to wall carpeting was the Beach Cliff Hotel... and the rooms there stunk of mold. I didn't get a room there because of this... I think there is a good reason why most every hotel in Thailand stays away from carpeting... it's just too humid.

Unless they run the AC 24/7 then it's going to be a problem. You cool a room for the night... the concrete floor under the carpets going to get chilled down too... then the maid arrives in the morning, turns off the AC, opens the door, hot humid air rushes in... hits the cold floor and you got condensation that's trapped under the carpet... then you're going to get MOLD growing.

Comment

I agree. Carpet is hopeless in the tropics. Plus the maid can sweep the floors for free. She can't sweep carpet, she needs a vacuum & electricity, two more costs that the hotel & their guests don't need.

And it never gets cold underfoot in LOS either. Rethink your need for carpet Tex, it isn't a good idea.
        Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

I think I saw yr Agoda report on April Suites RX!! All good there - I stayed 3 weeks during the floods last year. Recommended!

You dont even need to go to TOPS for all yr supplies. There's a local thai mini shop near the laundry, 50 metres from the hotel, esp for drinks & basics. And if yr girl enjoys her som tam there's a place opposite too.

You can use the back entrance of August Suites to get to Pattaya Klang quickly. If you dont mind back entrances, of course ...
          TT

Comment

i agree its a nice hotel and i enjoyed my stay too.
            however i do think you can find better value in town....just my 2 cents

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

So carpet is a USA thing. Just like a boxspring on the bed.
              TEXASMAC

Comment

& it even has a real toilet hose

Comment

azza - it's a good value if you can get the Agoda special price - I think they are running a special since it is so new. I know if you're looking for a longer term stay there are some better values out there - but when you factor in how nice the hotel is for a shorter stay it's still pretty good.

Yes, Torurot, the essential bum washer hose!

texasmac - fear not, many of the older hotels still have carpet - but the newer ones often do not due to the reasons mentioned.  I think Penthouse has a thick shag carpet - Pacman can confirm, and I believe the Nana Hotel also has carpet in the rooms.

Membership Levels
                  The Rookie Thread

Comment

I thought about the humidity, but it gets that way in Texas. I NEVER thought about the $$. Electricity plus vacuum.
                    TEXASMAC

Comment

Ok carpet is a no deal. What about a bocspring for the bed? After 10 days in LOS my back hurts more than my head. But it is still worth it.
                      TEXASMAC

Comment

Maybe you should change your position and your back won't hurt so much.

REAL Wool carpet does not suffer mould problem in tropical conditions

Comment

(rxpharm @ Jun. 05 2012,06:18) I think Penthouse has a thick shag carpet - Pacman can confirm, and I believe the Nana Hotel also has carpet in the rooms.
                          No shag pile carpet at the Penthouse since I first visited. Maybe in previous times but not now. There are assorted rugs & runners in the place but nothing that can't be lifted up & moved.

I do remember the Nana having carpet, by the time they renovated I am sure people got stuck to it. Once the Nana ceased being the hotel of its day, it wasn't well maintained.
                          Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Lots of assorted shags in Pacman's rooms ....
                            TT

Comment

TTC, that rapier wit of yours is going to good use!

Thanks for the clarification Pacman, no shag carpets at Penthouse!

TM - it's true very few of the beds in LOS have boxsprings - you might try to ask for a board to put under the mattress next time if it is too soft.

Membership Levels
                              The Rookie Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X