Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torurot, if I sleep on my stomache usually another part of my body is sore. But
    TEXASMAC

Comment

(TTChang @ Jun. 06 2012,22:51) Lots of assorted shags in Pacman's rooms ....
      That's quite good for you TT...

Nice to see you in a happy mood...
      Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

quite enjoy a milde shag meself
        Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

(TEXASMAC @ Jun. 03 2012,12:14) Dumb question. Has any hotel in Thailand ever heard of carpet. In USA all have carpet. In Thailand I have yet to find one. Or is that like a box spring on a bed, strictly an American thing?
          Most 4-5 star hotels in Bangkok have carpet on the floor (and the rest have teak or some other wood).

I've never seen a carpet on the floor in any hotel in Pattaya, the more expensive hotels (Marriott, Dusit, Royal Cliff all have wooden floor), while the cheaper ones all have tiles.

I, personally, prefer carpets, don't mind teak but hate tiles.

Comment

Carpet is so-so, but a box spring under the mattress would be a joy.
            TEXASMAC

Comment

The most important issue for me is noise from clowns in the room opposite. The walls here look very thin.. like that cheap chipboard. Thats ok if your removed from the room next door otherwise i like Bricks between me and the neighbours

Whats the soundproofing like in here..

Comment

The dividers inside the room - like the shower are thin. The walls separating the rooms are thicker - and made of concrete.

I didn't hear any noise from nearby rooms during the time there - and it is also located in a quiet area, an extra plus.

TTC should be able to confirm as well, since he stayed there too.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                Membership Levels
                The Rookie Thread
                New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Thanks ill check it out soon. you cant beat concrete... I used to stay at the Amari Suites lower level but the noise was so bad i checked out and said good riddance to them

Dont even care for a view but peace and quiet is number one on my list and to be removed as far as possible from others in the same Hotel

Comment

I know I am a rookie with only 5 trips. But I have decided the Pattaya Bay Resort is for me.
                    TEXASMAC

Comment

I prefer the LK Renaissance. It's nice to stroll out the door to the bars across the road for a warm up with no pressure. Turn left and you have Baby Boom & Pook Bukhao plus a cluster of GG bars. Particularly Mash, Submarine  and the Office. Themed by the names. Love the office crisp white shirts, short black skirts and wearing glasses. Thats if you fancy going straight. I had to do the strip with a mate who wasnt into LB,s ended up in Sugar Sugar. Nice selection did a ST with a babe, dirty cow. In fact a great punt. turn right and you are down to the coast. Great middle location. Traditional, LB friendly, intimate. Breakfast is nice as you can have English Continental & your Thai friend can have her home fare. Usuals mouthwash & Durex supplied in all bathrooms. Made me laugh the first time I stayed there. Imagine a hotel in Europe doing that. It maybe a few pounds more but my philosophy is that you travel all that distance with a limited window of time the luxury outstrips the money. I believe it should feel good on all fronts. The other advantage is that rather than strolling out straight into the wild west it's quieter in the middle part of town. Texas check it out next time. I guess for those staying longer then the suites apartments are better value but when you only have a week it's the one for me. Has anybody stayed at the Dusit contemporary hotel. Pricier but I see they are doing some great deals as the market is pants.

Comment

Last visit I started at The Cantebury Inn. I learned one very important thing. If there is a bar open below 24 hours a day, and across the road a Massage Parlor, it is very difficult to sleep. At 3:00 am or 4:00 am I would be awakened by screams of "Massage". I am an old man I need sleep.
                        TEXASMAC

Comment

Thats another problem. Some prick set up a portable bar and disco outside the Pattaya Centre a few months back. 4 AM until that fucker wound down and sleepless nights i had a plenty

Comment

(TEXASMAC @ Jun. 15 2012,12:44) I know I am a rookie with only 5 trips. But I have decided the Pattaya Bay Resort is for me.  
                            I'm in PBR right now. Not a bad place but all the trees behind the building are gone and I was told they're gonna build another so-called "luxury condominium" at that place and there is (and will be for some time) some construction noise starting every day at 8 a.m. sharp...

Comment

I am always up by then so 8:00 am is no problem. I was talking to BigTel last visit and he said just stay where you feel at home. PBR has a customer for life.
                              TEXASMAC

Comment

It has been quite some time since this thread was updated.
                                I am staying at April Suites now and have done so several times in the past.
                                IMHO this Hotel has remained a quality 3 star hotel and they are investing in maintaining their standards.
                                The pool was redone a year ago Oct-Nov. and currently several rooms are being updated.
                                The good news is I haven't heard and noise outside the regular things you might hear in the hallway.
                                My room is yet to be updated but still fine. I paid about 1200 baht a night; I say "about" because I paid in Korean Won so my conversion to baht might be slightly off.

mew 241.jpg
                                mew 242.jpg
                                Water pressure is good and there is the bum gun... a must for our holiday adventures.

mew 243.jpg
                                Very small balcony but large enough for a sit down or a smoke if that's your thing:

mew 244.jpg
                                As mentioned earlier, the rooftop pool has been redone and it is well maintained. There is a pool bar and plenty of seats...have yet to go up and not have a place to relax:

mew 236.jpg
                                mew 240.jpg
                                The gym is sparse and I say that to be polite...one treadmill, a stationary bike, and universal. I would recommend using the gym at August Suites, it is better equipped and it is no problem/no charge for sister hotel patrons to use:
                                April Suites:

mew 218.jpg
                                mew 219.jpg
                                And then back in my "loom" with the birthday girl.

mew 190.jpg
                                mew 194.jpg
                                In conclusion, I would say this hotel is worth the price. Very friendly staff and hard working cleaners. My biggest gripe is I have to login with my wifi quite regularly...not sure what's up with that. Anyway, hope you found the update worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X