Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am fresh from the Philippines and Thailand having returned just days ago. The Philippines in particular works me up for it is so confounding and annoying, a battered paradise at best.

Comment

• Bohemia is totally right. This notion that Filipinas or Filpino ladyboys are kind is rubbish. Its called better English and better acting. I think Thais are more straightforward than most other Asians and dont mask kindness as a way to extract money out of you later.
      brock landers

Comment

• (JaiDee @ Jun. 08 2006,02:26) Just trying to stir up a little controversy here, and also make my thoughts known on how I feel that we as westerners are precieved by the majority of Thai ladyboys.  Of course everything is my theory and thinking only, you all surely have your own thoughts on this subject, especially if you have travelled to Thailand more than a few times.

OK, first off please understand one thing; all western guys between the ages of about 38 and 68...... it is extremely rare if not impossible for a young Thai teenage ladyboy to have genuine feelings of love and romance for you.  Sorry to break the news to you but it's true; they may hang around with us [yes, of course I am imcluding myself in all this because I am in that age group and not foolish enough to think these rules don't apply to me] for money or other various reasons, but for love or because they actually "like" us?   Uh-uh...... if a ladyboy is still below 20 years old she is interested in other young Thai people, preferably a handsome and muscular Thai boy, and the majority of their free time is spent doing just that. Check the crowd of young ladyboys in Bali Seafood every night after 1am to see what I am saying here; you think the 30 or 40 Nana Plaza ladyboys who hang there every night are there for the seafood?
        I visited the Hi-Boss bar on Soi 6 tonight in Pattaya. I was mobbed by many not-so good looking LB's but a few pretty one's were in the mix. As I could't buy ten drinks, I motioned one over to sit next to me and focused my chit chat with her, and after a while (with ten pairs of eyes burning into my hide) I bought the "chosen" one a drink. Another girls asked "you only take one tonight?" and I replied Yes, only one tonight.
        She reached over while smiling, corressed my cheek, fondled my ear and then bore her thumbnail into my left earlobe and yanked, cutting my left lobe.

Now go ahead and tell me how fucking loving people are. (And no, I'm not a newbe to LOS).

The Vampire
        LOGOS

Comment

• Bohemia, your description of love should be tattooed on every farang's ass in this forum so they don't forget it when they come here and read it in the mirror on their way home.

Thailand is not USA, and Asia is not the west. The notion that all cultures follow the Christian west is one of the dark ages. Culture extends into feelings regarding love, gender, inter-personal relationships, work relationships. What all of this means is that you cannot take your American (or British or German or whatever...) thoughts and think that a Thai ladyboy thinks the same way as you, or for that matter, a Thai lady.

It is this lack of comprehension why 99.999% of relationships fail with Thais; because stupid farangs think they can just map their spouse's mind into their culture, or even more stupidly, bring them to their country, and they will just "integrate".

Comment

• Spot on, mate...

(It's worrying, but I find myself agreeing with Ziggy quite a lot just recently!)

Comment

• (stogie bear @ Jun. 12 2006,02:57)  You are right... It is rare to see it but I'm saying it isn't difficult.

It's rare because farangs don't want to move to Thailand fulltime.
              It's rare because once here why would you settle for just one ladyboy when the shop is full of bargains!
              It's rare because the kind of burned out people that come to Thailand are simply not good at making ANY kind of relationship work!
              It's rare because farangs don't have the patience to deal with the move. From language to culture... it's all a bit of a shock.
              It's rare because, despite the best advice, they still look for love in brothels! How dumb is that!
              It's rare because, instead of looking for it, for some reason we expect love to arrive on our doorstep simply because "This is Thailand!"

It's easy because I've done it and it was just like dating a normal girl... Sure - we split up after a while and went our seperate ways. Just like I would have done if she had been a regular girl in the UK! I fell out of love and we seperated. It happens!

I'm one of those soory fucks who is just incapable of sharing too much of my life with anyone. I don't need a 'companion' or someone to 'snuggle up' with!

If anyone wants a serious long term relationship with a beautiful student ladyboy in Thailand then it's easy.

You just have to want it more than anything else!
              excellent post stogie !! Sound words of wisdom.

Much success to you

Breaker

Comment

• Good to see you back here...

Comment

• This notion that thais hanker to leave thailand and live in farangland bothers me immensely as I read on a monthly basis some old asshole from britain bring back his mail order bride from thailand or the PI and surprise surprise 3 months later she's on the plane back home with half his money and a settlement for life !!!! That kind of money goes a long way in thailand or the PI !!!!

Also, why live in farangland thousands of miles away from family friends , your own people food etc.... to be amoung westerns ? UK/Europe in a nutshell - racist, homophobic, unfriendly, money grabbing wankers - bad food, shit weather and cunts in governments ripping people off.

Give me a 1 way ticket to thailand anyday curtiosy of a fat bald dumb farang easily parted with his money earned easily or by hard work - who cares !! They don't.

Mai pen rai na ?

Comment

• Spot on... I have also found this arrogant assumption that Thais are lining up to leave Thailand for your own piece of dirt a bit frustrating.

Sure it happens and some more educated and adventurous Thais love to travel and experience new cultures, but most simply do not. And almost all would never dream of emigrating permanently.

Once the experience of being in an aeroplane for the first time wears off it quickly gets mind-numbingly boring. It's cold, the food sucks, there is no family and no family structure that you can even assimilate into, no Wats and nothing to do while waiting for the selfish twat that imported you to finish work and fall asleep watching TV!

Comment

• (JaiDee @ Jun. 08 2006,02:49)
                      (Road Runner @ Jun. 08 2006,02:43)  The Thais are very parochial  -  look it up in a dictionary!
                      I know what it means....racist also  .......shhhhhhh
                      The word Parochial is not racist!Just means "old fashioned"!Catholic schools in the U.S. are called Parochial Schools!

Comment

• (breakermorant @ Jun. 13 2006,02:38) UK/Europe in a nutshell - racist, homophobic, unfriendly, money grabbing wankers - bad food, shit weather and cunts in governments ripping people off.
                        I actually love england.

it is the kindest country in the world, it looks after its citizens and right now the weather is glorious.

yes it is expensive, but wages are good and inflation is low.

i live fairly cheaply here because i like to travel.

to answer your other point, i would not dream of bringing a thai lb or gg to the UK as i believe it would be unfair on them. I would however love to live in Thailand for a couple of years to enjoy more of the lifestyle and culture.
                        seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

• (breakermorant @ Jun. 13 2006,02:38) Also, why live in farangland thousands of miles away from family friends , your own people food etc.... to be amoung westerns ? UK/Europe in a nutshell - racist, homophobic, unfriendly, money grabbing wankers - bad food, shit weather and cunts in governments ripping people off.
                          Erm..which countries have you been to in Europe?
                          As for the governements ripping their own people off...I think they still have got a lot to learn from Thailand, PI, Indonesia, etc..etc..
                          Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

• (the_vampire_logos @ Jun. 13 2006,02:38) bore her thumbnail into my left earlobe and yanked, cutting my left lobe.
                            Fuckin skank.

And what kind of management permits this shit.

Comment

• (ziggystardust @ Jun. 12 2006,23:53) Likewise, many girls that are "working" are not "working girls" in their hearts. They just want to survive. The "working girl" attitude is one that exists in "working girls" and girls that don't work.
                              I like this.  Although admitdly it's what I want to hear.

Getting paid for sex is no more and no less moral than paying for sex.    

Admitedly, working bar can take an emotional toll but there are good hearted ladyboys out there.  If you want to find them then you will.   And you'll have lots of fun looking too!

Comment

• (PigDogg @ Jun. 13 2006,08:08)
                                (ziggystardust @ Jun. 12 2006,23:53) Likewise, many girls that are "working" are not "working girls" in their hearts. They just want to survive. The "working girl" attitude is one that exists in "working girls" and girls that don't work.
                                I like this.  Although admitdly it's what I want to hear.  

Getting paid for sex is no more and no less moral than paying for sex.    

Admitedly, working bar can take an emotional toll but there are good hearted ladyboys out there.  If you want to find them then you will.   And you'll have lots of fun looking too!
                                I don't know if I would buy into this statement. Of course, there's always going to be exceptions to the rule, but I'm guessing that the number of 'kind-hearted' LBs (or even GGs) who work in bars is going to be a very small slice of the population. Even if they go in as a good person, the emotional and physical toll this line of work has attached with it can grind even the purest of hearts in the shortest of time.

I think we all agree that the number of working ladyboys is fairly small compared to the number of ladyboys in Thailand. That's been said many times before on this board. How the hell do these other ladyboys, who almost certainly must live in as dire conditions as their working sisters, seem to avoid the bars and sex industry altogether?

Working in a bar is a conscious choice one makes. It's not an easy decision, sure, but I truly believe that it takes a certain type of person to cross this line. There is a distinction between someone willing to sell their body and someone who won't do it on principle. A lot of you guys will probably say its easy for me to say this, with the position I'm in. But I'd only retort by saying that there's got to be thousands of ladyboys (and millions of other Thais) out there living in poverty who haven't worked in a bar.
                                I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X