X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've only ever used a short time room once in my life. It was so stressful I couldn't even get it up!

I don't agree with Doug about using short time rooms either, but he writes a good argument for it.

Comment

• Gordon brown is my hero,he wears tights a blond wig has a wacky space ship and fights Ming and wil save the world,what more can a hero do?
      robbo

Comment

• The last time I tried to referee/interfere in a dispute between two such experienced board members, I got my head handed to me and nearly ended up hanging myself!

At great personal risk, I'll offer up that when two extremely experienced BM's have a 180 degree disagreement like this, there's sometimes truth to be found at both extremes as well as somewhere in the middle.
        Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

• (kahuna @ Mar. 22 2009,22:03) Trust me...there ain't many things better in life than waking up in the morning next to a beautiful warm brown body with a hard cock...
          Hallelujah!
          No honey, no money!!

Comment

• (kahuna @ Mar. 23 2009,05:03) Doug may be your hero Stogie...but in my opinion that is the absolute worst advice to give to newbies...

Avoid taking a girl back to your hotel room...absurd...

I can only speak from my own experience and observation, but I can tell you all this...

I am in the waining weeks of a 6 month trip...Last year I spent 9 months here and the year before that 6 months...And he year before that I don't remember...And how many times have I taken a girl to a short-time room...NEVER...and how many times have I had a problem with a girl in my hotel room...Once...and that was likely as much my fault as hers...

Trust me guys, in my opinion you will be missing out on many great experiences and memories if you follow Doug's advice...It can be something very special to wake up in the morning with the girl you fell asleep with...

And I can't imagine why anyone would ever have a confrontation with hotel staff that would keep you from returning to a hotel...I sure haven't...But perhaps he has...Best advice...Don't have confrontations with anyone in LOS...

You can take a girl from one bar one evening and another from a nearby bar the next or even from the same bar and not ever have anyone come knocking on your door in the early morning hours...Just last night a fellow BM asked my how many girls I had taken from a specific bar in Pattaya and I answered 5...Later I remembered 3 more I had taken from that same bar and not once...NOT ONCE...did one of the other girls come knocking on my door...But then again...I don't go with ladyboys with cheap wigs...or with any wigs for that matter...I can only suppose I visit different bars than Doug...

My advice is simple...set all the ground rules with the girl before you leave the bar...lock your valuables up...treat the girl with respect...and you'll have some very good times and very warm memories...

Trust me...there ain't many things better in life than waking up in the morning next to a beautiful warm brown body with a hard cock...
            Well, perhaps I am a bit overly paranoid about my privacy, but trust me, one bad experience and you may find yourself changing your tune.

Dealing with a meth-head with a razor blade is bad enough. But do you really want her knowing where you are staying?

And that's not always an easy thing to spot in the bar (especially if a guy is drunk). One minute she's a perfectly lovely girl, but then she pops into the bathroom to "freshen up", and you end up dealing with an ice junkie running amok in your hotel room.

All I'm trying to do is throw a bit of cold water in the faces of all those wide-eyed newbies who wander around Disneyland in a daze without a bit of common sense. I'm not saying that you shouldn't have fun, I'm just reminding people that reality is always lurking about, and reality (as we all know) SUCKS. Especially when reality bumps up against the P4P scene.

We've all read the sob stories and the horror stories on these boards, and at the root of each and every one of those stories is some doe-eyed dork from Buttfuck, Ohio, who tosses common sense out the window.

Both you and Stogie are right, short-time rooms kind of suck. You miss out on the "morning after afterglow" and they are often nasty and smelly.

I recommend them solely because I've had a few of those bad (very bad) experiences, and I vowed "never again". With a bit of research, a nice, affordable short-time room can be found, ESPECIALLY if you get AWAY from Sukhumvit. Nearly every major road in Bangkok has a few short-time love hotels (for Thais) tucked away on some back-soi, and many of them are quite nice.

Some of those places allow you to rent for the whole night, so you don't miss out on the "waking up with your bird cuddled up against you" warm-and-fuzzy feeling.

For the guys who can't tear themselves away from the redlight districts even for an instant, there's a nice short-time hotel in Patpong (yes, much hated Patpong) behind that disco: Twillo. Can't remember the name of it, but it's a posh little hotel on the back alleyway. It's ridiculously over-priced (600 baht), but they let you stay as long as you like and the rooms are nice, well-furnished/decorated, and CLEAN.

I've used that place a few times when I've met a "normal", non-P4P ladyboy who wants to go some place for a quickie. A "normal" Thai girl would never tolerate the icky short-time rooms around Nana. They'd gross her out so much she'd be completely turned off. But that little short-time hotel in Patpong has come in handy more than once. For example, I met one cute ladyboy while shopping at Paragon (THE Disneyland for ladyboys), and after a bit of flirting we both agreed to take the afternoon off and go fuck our brains out. We can't go to my place (the neighbors would gossip themselves into a seizure), and we can't go to to her place for the same reason (like most "good" Thai girls, she lives with her family). So we needed a nearby hotel room that wasn't too skanky (or she'd bail). In that case, I'd gladly pay 600 baht for a little hi-so ball'n . Hahah.

Of course with P4P girls, there's a better alternative to short-time rooms: just go to her place!

Nine times out of ten, that's my preferred option. Not only does it save me a bit of money whiel protecting my privacy at the same time, but it also tends to put her at ease and I get to know her a little better as a person.

Of course, many ladyboy apartments are almost as nasty as short-time rooms (these girls are not big on housekeeping), but you get the added bonus of a short peek into her "real life". It'll require an obligatory look through her photo albums (remember to "mhmm" a lot), and there's the often highly amusing "walk of shame" as you come out of her apartment in the morning and miggle in with all the muggle-Thais who are just going to work.

Kahuna, to me it sounds like you just got lucky. To spend six hassle-free months in Thailand is truly an unparalleled feat. Thailand = Hassles. It's Pain-in-the-Ass-Land (literally and figuratively ). So the fact that you managed to complete your holiday unscathed is remarkable. Most guys aren't so lucky.

I doubt anyone is going to be as paranoid as I am, but then again, I'm a long-term resident and NORMAL Thais are extremely stuffy and conservative. So I have more to protect (and lose) than the average bumpkin who just fell off an airplane.

That said, it pays to heed my advice at least to some degree. I'm sure a happy medium can be found between a bit of "risky fun" and a bit of "sober caution".

A lot of guys lose their heads completely after a few beers, so it's not like they're going to be thinking to themselves, "I wanna take this girl home, but Doug said I shouldn't." But perhaps my advice (and yours) will nestle into their subconscious somewhere and give them a bit of guidance to navigate the stormy seas of Thailand's P4P scene (instead of flailing around like idiots).

Some girls you just know are not going to be a problem. They're cool, wise to the game, and totally hassle free. But in those situations where you meet some drama queen with a killer body who you just HAVE to fuck, well that might be a moment to pause and consider: "Do I really want this nutjob knowing where I'm staying and POTENTIALLY ruining the rest of my trip?" She might be totally hot and you might be totally thinking with your dick, but if she seems a bit sketchy, why not have a "Plan B" location already prepared?

That way, you can say, "Hey, let's go to your place, I want to relax and get comfortable with you" or "Let's hit the short-time room, I need you NOW baby" and she won't be wise to the fact that you're actually holding her at arm's length.

Comment

• I'm sure a happy medium can be found between a bit of "risky fun" and a bit of "sober caution"...
              Hope springs eternal!

For residents who live here (and that includes Kahuna) the risks and precautions are all factored in to our normal behaviour these days so the chances of waking up dead is a lot less than for many people.

For people here on a holiday then it pays to weigh up all the advice and experiences from both sides of a fence and try to remember it all when it counts most... when you are here!

I'll bet that people are so keen to serve the little head that the big one doesn't get much of a listen to... until of course something goes wrong.

Experience isn't something that you can learn on a forum!

Comment

• (doug @ Mar. 23 2009,07:10) We've all read the sob stories and the horror stories on these boards,

Of course with P4P girls, there's a better alternative to short-time rooms: just go to her place!

Nine times out of ten, that's my preferred option.  Not only does it save me a bit of money whiel protecting my privacy at the same time, but it also tends to put her at ease and I get to know her a little better as a person.

Of course, many ladyboy apartments are almost as nasty as short-time rooms (these girls are not big on housekeeping), but you get the added bonus of a short peek into her "real life".

Kahuna, to me it sounds like you just got lucky.  To spend six hassle-free months in Thailand is truly an unparalleled feat.  
                So considering the number of guys who are fucking a ladyboy here every single night even during this very slow time, how many sob or horror stories are being reported...Very very few...Most guys are taking ladyboys to their hotel rooms every night and living happily ever after...

And are you certain you want to recommend that newbies follow the ladyboy to her apartment...There is usually no hot water guys and an Asian squat toilet...Most new guys would be in shock...and not just from the cold water splashed on their balls and cock...And for the newbie it can be considerably more damgerous then a short-time room...

Realistically, a visitor to Pattaya can find a nice room in the 1000 baht range...Guys you really don't want to spend the evening with the ladyboy in her room that costs 2000 baht a month and fuck her on sheets that haven't been changed for several months...And all you will really learn about her is how a ladyboy in the P4P business lives...If you truly want to learn something about ladyboys, go upcountry and see where they really live...

I ain't lucky...Most guys I have met this trip stay here as long or longer than I have and have also had relatively hassle free visits...But most of them won't even bother reading this thread...I fully realize that I and the other BMs have the added advantage of not having to rush into a "date" with an unknown ladyboy...I can take my time and visit with her a few times before I actually ask her to spend an evening with me...Not something a short-timer can afford to do...But even so, I have still met many ladyboys on this trip and decided to take her on the first visit...

I attribute that largely to the type of ladyboy who works in Pattaya as opposed to those who work in BKK...For the most part, they ain't the same animal...And I am only echoing what many other BMs here have also experienced...

The ladyboy who works in a small beer bar with 1 or 2 other ladyboys and several GGs are not the same as those who work in Cascades and Obsession in NEP...How and why I can't tell you exactly...But they just ain't...

And I am not suggesting that the newbies throw caution to the wind...If they just want to make their little heads happy on a two-week holiday, they can fuck their way through Cascade and Obsession and go home a very happy camper...But in my opinion, they are missing out on a great and fun part of the total experience...
                "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

• Both Doug and Kahuna make some good points but are coming from different places.

Doug is leading sort of a double life in Thailand.  (Many of the posters here are also leading a different sort of double life; one in Thailand and one at home.)

The consequences of a fuck-up are much worse for Doug than Kahuna.

It's not a great idea for P4P girls to know where you permanently live.  But not so bad if it's a hotel room that you'll be leaving at the end of the month.

The tourist is missing out on some great experiences by not having girls overnight.  And if you screw up really bad in Pattaya, you can go to Phuket.  Then if you screw up in Phuket, you can go to Samui.  So have fun!  

But as Doug points out we are not anonymous.  One girl in a bar came over to me and said. "you live at ******", the name of my residence.  I'm thinking how did she know that considering my monogomous relationship and that i didn't even know her name?

People talk and gossip.  You live life and get to know too many people.  There's ups and downs to that.

Comment

• (kahuna @ Mar. 23 2009,09:07) The ladyboy who works in a small beer bar with 1 or 2 other ladyboys and several GGs are not the same as those who work in Cascades and Obsession in NEP...How and why I can't tell you exactly...But they just ain't...
                    I found this to be pretty interesting, and was wondering which you prefer. Do you go for the small beer bar-type LBs or the Cascades/Nana/Guess type LBs?

Comment

• (kahuna @ Mar. 23 2009,09:07)
                      I attribute that largely to the type of ladyboy who works in Pattaya as opposed to those who work in BKK...For the most part, they ain't the same animal...And I am only echoing what many other BMs here have also experienced...

The ladyboy who works in a small beer bar with 1 or 2 other ladyboys and several GGs are not the same as those who work in Cascades and Obsession in NEP...How and why I can't tell you exactly...But they just ain't...
                      Great input on all fronts and from both extremes.

Kahuna, you said something I find extremely interesting, and it would be great if you or someone could expand upon that. That might be a little nugget of information that yields another whole vein beneath it.
                      Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

•       Ladyboys who work in beer bars that are mostly gg tend to be low key types who just want to blend in.

To me that's a plus.

Comment

• (blonde_havoc @ Mar. 23 2009,11:55) I found this to be pretty interesting, and was wondering which you prefer. Do you go for the small beer bar-type LBs or the Cascades/Nana/Guess type LBs?
                          Easy...The small beer bar type...But that's just my opinion...You might not like that type at all...

Comment

• (deepthroat @ Mar. 23 2009,11:59) Great input on all fronts and from both extremes.

Kahuna, you said something I find extremely interesting, and it would be great if you or someone could expand upon that.
                            I don't think my "front" is extreme...But I do find Doug's to be very extreme...But then you know what opinions are like...

And you think I'm gonna tell you all you wankers 6 months worth of secrets...NEVER....

Joking...let me think about it a bit and perhaps I can come up with something that makes some sense...For now, whether they are young and new to the scene or older castoffs from major ladyboy bars in Pattaya or BKK...The girls who work in small beer bars are different...Perhaps the difference is ineffable ...

Comment

• I attribute that largely to the type of ladyboy who works in Pattaya as opposed to...
                              Well, if we look at this comment further...

The types of ladyboys that I am naturally attracted to are more likely to be honest and trouble free. I'm generalizing of course and I've also been caught out, proved wrong and disappointed.

If you were to line up the last 20 P4P workers I'd gone with and the last 20 P4P workers that a horny MonkeyMan (ahem!) would have been with then you'll see a pattern of types emerging.

Because I'm a dull old fart who respects the predictable and worships routine I'll more likely swing for the types who at least look as though they offer something of that in their personalities.

If, on the other hand, I'm up all night at clubs and hanging with the energetic buzz laden nocturnal funsters then it's much more likely that I could experience a - let's say - more emotionally draining experience.

Doug's answers do seem more extreme but then, he's got a mountain of shit to climb out of if he's caught with his pants down, than most of us.

There's something quite liberating about throwing reasonable caution to the wind, relaxing and having a great time on holiday. But if you ARE the unlucky sod that get's a good gal turned bad then Thailand is a scary place to have it all go bad for you.

Oh and the majority of things that can and do go badly actually don't get posted about on here. That's not to say that it is a major risk to factor in to your holiday. But things do go wrong and it would be a mite churlish to say that it doesn't because it hasn't appeared on this message board... actually; that gives me a good idea for a thread...

Comment

• (doug @ Mar. 23 2009,07:10) Well, perhaps I am a bit overly paranoid about my privacy,
                                Yes, and that´s why we were blessed with the "Guide for shacking up" last year.  
                                "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

Working...
                                X