X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religious nut wants to save Ladyboys

As well as saving Women she wants to save the third sex too.

Reading the article it seems she is only concentrating on the 'farang' areas (maybe because she'd be run out of town if she went to the Thai areas or maybe she doesn't think that around 450K Thai men a day use the services of a prostitute).

Anyway here is a segment from the page about ladyboys:

He was a "lady boy,€ the street name for male prostitutes who dress and act like women. McGee said she knew many of these young men worked the red light districts, some in gay bars. Others worked in bars where customers thought they were women for awhile. She said many of these young men had been severely beaten by enraged customers who were surprised when they discovered their gender.

She said some of the young male prostitutes she befriended had been raised as girls.

McGee said DtonNaam will offer aid to females, but also will work with these males entrapped by the sex trade.

Along with the despair and feelings of hopelessness that many of the female prostitutes often express, the male prostitutes have gender identity confusion, she said.

She said she has worked with other ministries in the United States to try and create a plan to help these young men heal and begin new lives.

http://newsok.com/oklahom....y_title

Why do Christians feel the need to change people into their way of thinking?

I think most of us would welcome an end to exploitation as well as trafficking (most of which in Thailand is for begging (UNESCO)) etc, but targeting Nana for example isn't going to change much.

I would just ignore it.

The girls and LBs will happily agree to leave the game, but only if they pay them 100k Baht a month minimum...

She won't change much... ignore and let die.

Comment

(eltel @ Aug. 25 2009,01:26) Why do Christians feel the need to change people into their way of thinking?
      "Why do Christians ..." ... painting with a broad brush, aren't we?  

That said, Celeste McGee believes she is helping them, but the Thais have done a great job of making her believe the scene is something that it is not.  And why? Money, of course.  For some of the p4p girls to want to get some cash from her and her misguided organization is natural.

"Any of you who are sex slaves, come forward and I'll give you 30,000 baht and a bible to go home to your family!"  Lots will take her up on the offer, and simply move to a different bar.

And, after watching her video, I think I might enjoy fucking Celeste McGee. Is that wrong?  

Comment

And, after watching her video, I think I might enjoy fucking Celeste McGee. Is that wrong?
        not necessarily.
        how much would you ask from her?

Comment

Oh, she is from Oral Roberts country. Easy to paint with a broad brush there. Being from the so called bible belt in the US and raised as a baptist, I agree, they do want to change everyone into their way of thinking.

Comment

(eltel @ Aug. 24 2009,23:26) He was a "lady boy,€ the street name for male prostitutes who dress and act like women.
            That has to be the most incorrect and disgraceful definition of a ladyboy ever. She also goes on to blame the prostitution industry on american soldiers. She has been in Thailand in 2 years and is not listening and learning too well. Noble intentions, but she is very naive and will be shocked to see what the people she saved are up to. She doesn't know the culture deep down and even if she did would never be able to accept that someone else could happily lead a different type of life than hers.

Comment

OK not all Christians want to change people, but more Christians do want to change people than say Jews or Hindus.
              You never hear of Jewish missionaries.

The woman said that 'some of the young male prostitutes she befriended had been raised as girls'. Or are they raised as Katoeys?

Comment

she probally has no kids and a dry poon.....fuck her opinion, but hey who wouldnt think a hooker doesnt have despair and doesnt really like her job, as well as the factory worker in asia selling her fingers sowing all day for 100 bucks a month, what about her? if theres a ladyboy or sowing worker under age im all for adult intervention but if your over 18 i kind of just got express my two cents and let it go and say fuck u or how much to fuck you??
                hilbie paratodos

Comment

in my opinion, people like this only know what they have been told since birth. While they think they are "doing the world a favor" they honestly don't understand the life and the culture of from whatever country they are trying to save.
                  In a lot of areas in the U.S. the "I am right" and "I need to save the world" thought is intstilled on on us from the beginning, and most have never been outside the country or do they try to understand other cultres.
                  It's like going through life with blindes on and not wanting to look at other options or how a person really feels.
                  All they know is what they have been told and raised to believe.
                  Kind of like a computer, All it knows is the information that has been installed.
                  Just my thoughts, right, wrong or indiffrent.
                  Tom

Comment

Non religious ladyboys should want to save their nuts!
                    Lost in Space!

Comment

I wonder how many missionaries do their missionary work to save their own sorry asses (when it's time to meet their maker or simply for some kind of misguided "merit") rather than to actually help others.

There is a big difference between missionary work and volunteer work.

Comment

good point, but how many would admitt to that? and does it really matter to them if they honestly knew the truth?
                        to me, what one honestly believes or how they feel is in the heart of who the believe and feel they are.
                        So it goes back to what they have been taught.
                        JMO

Comment

She will save me?  I'm a 'male entrapped by the sex trade' .....  

Addicted, but happy!
                          TT

Comment

To imply all LBs are male prostitutes summarise her global view on Thailand. Generalisations.

Sure we would all change jobs for better pay and conditions but not to eat a Goddamned bible.

If she really wants to change the way people behave/think she should try education
                            For Bible read fish
                            For education read Fishing Rod

Give a man a fish he eats for a day - give him the ability to fish he can feed his family for a lifetime.

Sorry to say, but as one raised Christian, I have met more quirky folk in Missionary/Do good work than in most LB bars!

Look at the missionary track record over history. Aztecs, Mayans, Africa, India, Hawaii. they do a great job at extinguishing cultures because they do not understand them.

The Catholic church has been exposed as corrupt and suppressed all the buggery their religious orders participated in - surprised not to see more defrocked brothers etc in Nana giving good instead of doing good!

Comment

(Master Bator @ Aug. 25 2009,03:18) Non religious ladyboys should want to save their nuts!
                              Bollocks
                              x
                              Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

Working...
                              X