Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your perspective would make sense if they catered to Thais and other asians...
    but they don't...their primary customers are westerners...

One would think that they might learn how to behave around us in the bar...
    I understand that many of the girls are new, but the mamasan isn't...

Perhaps I've been here too long and perhaps I visit too many bars every day...

But Jay has figured out how to treat paying customers in her bar...
    When you walk into Guess Bar being mobbed is not something you worry about...

I took a newer Obs girl named Poy to Guess the other evening...it was her idea...
    she had never been there and wanted to see the new Soi 1 bar she had heard about...
    We sat for maybe 15 or 20 minutes quietly with a drink..the music was quiet and she
    and I could chat...the girls were pleasant to her and chatted a bit...as did Gong...

When I finally asked her if she liked it, she relpied, "No, I like Obsessions." Go figure...
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Apr. 01 2007,11:50) I'm a bit lost here.

As Snick said, there is a common courtesy that exists, as it is 'just the way things are'.

Pick a girl, she sits beside you, you buy a 100 baht drink, no mob, no fuss. All the girls go away.

You don't have to take her out, you can watch the girls and pick one you want, and you have nice company beside you while you're looking, who might even turn out to be the one you pick. You don't even have to talk to her.

If you do see one you like, invite her over, and the first girl gets the hint and goes away.

It's not bloody rocket science here.

I don't see any rational reasons to be rude, or try and save a whopping 100 baht, and be the stingiest and rudest customer in the bar. If you can't afford to buy 1 drink, why are you there in the first place?

As for Mother Teresa's Guess Bar, I have been aggressively asked for drinks and for me to take girls out, so not sure we're going to the same place. Maybe the girls are just better at hiding it from the boss now.

Finally, you have to remember, these girls are trying to earn a buck, often, desperately. While we understand our perspective, think of their's too. They want to make money, it's as simple as that. They're not committing a criminal offense just by standing in front of you. They're just beautiful girls standing there in bikinis in front of you; jeez, how mild an offense can you get? You'd die for it in your home country.
      I disagree with pretty much everything in this post and I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Man, I am with you Stogie....talk about reading this thread the wrong way!

Remember Ziggy and others ..... the title of this thread is getting MOBBED ....not buying a drink for one girl.   Same as Kahuna I have spent thousands of Baht in these bars over the years and I am always friendly and courteous to the ladyboys of course. If one long-time friend wants a drink, or even a new girl I just met and I like her a bit, that is no problem at all and I have done it dozens [ actually hundreds] of times.

again, the title here says it all........  getting mobbed by 8 or 10 girls who are all standing around looking like if they don't get your attention they will go home and die is plain and simply annoying!  Sitting down alone, drinking my beer in peace, calling over a friend or a potential new date and buying her a cola or a beer; = no problems. Simple.
        Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
        -Dennis Miller

Comment

A few years ago, I was looking to buy a car. I went from used car lot to used car lot. Every time I walked in to the shop, I noticed they always played music too loud, and some crazy guy would come up to me and "introduce" himself. Usually rather hairy and stinky, and he'd soon talk about how we were friends so he'd give me such and such a discount. Damn, I just walked in to see the offerings - the cars! Not to meet some crazy Mr. Beeatch. I guess I am just hansum man.

Now, before I get banned, how about I offer some helpful advice. Just tell the girls you are a tiger in bed, and you want to see a girl who is athletic and dances well. Won't that get them to leave you and dance their booty off for you? And if they don't do it well, tell them they sucked, then they'll kick your ass and leave. If they do dance like hell on wheels, take 'em, especially if they're otherwise to your liking.

Either way, you get the piranhas off of you. Just make 'em perform like you want.

POL
          Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

i think this is more of a problem if you are los regualar. for a newbie the mob thing is usually fun yet a bit scary. for those who have a problem to say 'no', it could be costly too ..

Comment

It is annoying to get constantly hit up for the drinks, but when I'm home in San Francisco my favorite thought is being mobbed by 10-20 half naked ladyboys in Thailand. That never happens here.

Comment

I would prefer not to be mobbed.

I don't think most farangs would mind chooosing one on entry and buying a 100 baht drink IF they figured it'd be easy enough to get rid of her.

I think many of us ASSUME it's easier to say no at first than say no later.  

But thinking about it what Ziggy says makes allot of sense.  It's probably more FUN to   and buy only one girl a drink.  And you are getting to pick one out of six for a drink. Then when she gets up to dance buy a drink for your other choice.

On prior visits I wasn't smiling while getting mobbed so next time i'll go with the flow.

I'd still rather not get mobbed.

Comment

Guys and Dolls

yes I do get MOBBED when I enter bars... (at least when I used to do so, not any more ) but this is the BEST PART of the story... THAI GOGO BARS are the only place on Earth that you have this feeling of being someone important

It is funny but it is the only place on Earth that "women" will come up to you begging you to see your hairy ass and fat belly not mentioning they will call you handsome (have not heard this word for years)

In conclusion... there is magic in the whole deal of getting mobbed. I would love to get back on time and feel the same thing I felt the first time I entered a gogo bar.

Diablo Le Grec

Comment

(diablo80 @ Apr. 02 2007,14:59) the BEST PART of the story... THAI GOGO BARS are the only place on Earth that you have this feeling of being someone important  

It is funny but it is the only place on Earth that "women" will come up to you begging you to see your hairy ass  and fat belly not mentioning they will call you handsome (have not heard this word for years)  
                    Go to a Brazilian Thermas, I found them almost the same, & I am an 'orrid fat bald old slob, 18-25 year old babes were all over me, inspecting my bishop reguarilly.
                    Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

i totally agree rob is an orid old balding bastar d)
                      and the thermes in brazil are fab
                      just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

The Wolfpack rarely bothers me, if they mob me at the door, pick pockets fail to get the goods as its not in my pockets, except enough for a couple of drinks. I quite enjoy the attention, as I have been totally ignored by the vast majority of western women for most of my life due to sussing out there little scam at an early age. I rarely find it annouying & as many have said simply be firm & polite. I doubt, due to sheer wieght of numbers, you will not see something that catches your eye sufficiently to buy her a drink.

It would be nice if the popularity had an ounce of genuinness in it, but its all about money, & its there living / income, so they are bound to try hard to get your attention.
                        Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

(donnnnnny @ Apr. 02 2007,17:12) i totally agree rob is an orid old   balding bastar d)
                          and the thermes in brazil are fab
                          Have you looked in a mirror lately?
                          Robin

Comment

Hi All,

Here in Oz (Sydney) at some of the pole dancing type clubs the girls MAY sit next to you and want a drink and ask you if you want a private show (often this is NOT the one you want to talk to). The drink is (converted) Bt200 and 15 minute (no touching) private show Bt1500. The liquour laws in Sydney prevent much touching (appart from the odd little bit, although some stretch this to the limit) and you cannot touch them.

Switch to LOS. I've never been there but will arrive on Saturday for the first time. If I walk into a bar/gogo and become the centre of attention then spending a few thousand baht on ladies drinks would be a bit of a buzz. Being mobbed, to me at this stage, sounds great.

Will have to get back to you in a couple of weeks to compare the above to the reality.

Charles.

Comment

Part of the problem right now is a lack of customers...I was in Obs last night with my avatar (it was her idea to pay a visit) and when we entered, not counting me, there was a grand total of ONE customer...the other guy was mobbed...After we left Obs we went to Temptations (her bar) and there was a grand total of ZERO customers...then on the Cascade where there were TWO customers...Fortunately she didn't want to visit Casanova...In every bar you hear the same complaint...No customers...

This all started at about 10:00 pm...and a couple of customers did arrive in each bar after I was there and in each instance, the customers were mobbed...The girls are desperate for the bht, but In my opinion they are letting that desperation show in all the wrong ways...And I'm not talking about the girls who are trying to get your attention. I'm talking about the girls who are forcefully trying to climb next to you or on your lap or standing in front of you demanding a drink..That is a big difference in my opinion...I decide who sits next to me and I decide who climbs on my lap and I decide who I buy a drink...If you want to allow the girls to make those decisions...Up to you...

I'm not complaining...I didn't start this thread...I simply stated how I deal with the preceived problem...And again, I am not a cheapo...Far from it.... I spend a lot of money in the bars and on the girls...and in the bars I visit, the girls know that I'm free with my money...but it's MY money and I decide on whom it will be spent...not the girls...

Right now I think I will go spend some....
                              "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(kahuna @ Apr. 02 2007,18:47) I'm talking about the girls who are forcefully trying to climb next to you or on your lap or standing in front of you demanding a drink..
                                No way this will ever happen to me, I don't care if there are 100 ladyboys in Obs and I am the only guy in the place........some young hooker tries this with me and she is getting tossed on to the floor pretty quickly or at the very least getting the evil eye and the cold shoulder.

Great line Kahuna;

'That is a big difference in my opinion...I decide who sits next to me and I decide who climbs on my lap and I decide who I buy a drink'

Yups, I don't care if they ARE hungry for baht right now, it's only getting worse with low season approaching; the punter always has the last say on who he chats with, not some desperate boy half his age.

If they don't like it, go get a real job
                                Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
                                -Dennis Miller

Comment

Working...
                                X