Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i always try to hit obsession (and cascade and casanova and now guess) on my first night back in bkk just to see who's "new" -- as i've learned the second lesson of LOS very well ("never plan ahead"). and that first visit may last some time, especially if some fellow travellers from lucky's or big dog's are along for the tour, but after that, i agree with donnny, et al -- you goes in, you makes your pick, you gets out.
    of course if you get stuck for some reason, i go with the stogie-gambit of placing ashtrays on the seats to my left and right to prevent unwanted visitors. and, as recommended, always only order chang in a bottle. and pay as i go. given all that, i *love* all the nana bars. except for the smoke, the crappy toilets, the ridiculous fucking music, the fact that the ugliest lb's are the most aggressive and if their hand isn't in your pocket, it's out and open for a tip...
    okay, so maybe "love" was too strong a word...but those dancers are sooooo hott... it can be excellent foreplay...

Comment

What I got from this thread is that the service is bad basically all over Thailand,the staff don't give a f**k about you,and you're not in Kansas anymore.It really wasn't about the bad time in Obsessions but probably you got fed up with it and needed somewhere to vent.IMHO  
      See ya,Skeeterboy's out of here.

Comment

True, but Thailand is a place of extremes.

You get this crap one night, then the next night you go out and are treated like God in another bar with amazingly nice, pleasant waitresses.

Somewhat due to that you get this life of high and low emotions living here. Living longer here though, I've come to learn to compensate for the lows by basically ignoring the bad parts, which is, I think, more or less what the Thais do. So don't think it's all bad, there are incredible situations of great service too, things you'd never see abroad.

I completely understand Ozzie's feelings.

Comment

(skeeterboy069 @ Jul. 01 2007,23:35) What I got from this thread is that the service is bad basically all over Thailand,the staff don't give a f**k about you,and you're not in Kansas anymore.It really wasn't about the bad time in Obsessions but probably you got fed up with it and needed somewhere to vent.IMHO
          yeah the service can be great to fu***king awful with every con going

little victories for me i was ripped off in a bar in chang mai about five years ago this was one of my main bases of operation while in chang mai used to spend shit loads of money there

now every time i go back i pop into the bar just to tell the owner im back and your not getting any of my money !!!!!

and the opposite when i go to KC3 theres one waitress who now working behind the bar when she sees me she yells abuse at the ladyboys to leave me alone finds me a spot to sit sorts out drinks etc and points me in the right direction for my tastes in ladyboys

and what did i do just tip her 100 bhat once

i said it in another post the mentality appears to be short term gain (i.e what can we screw out of you now) vs good customer service which brings repeat business

but i do note when i dine with Thai colleagues

someone will always go through the bill and get out a calculator and just in normal restaurants the amount of times the bill is added up wrong is depressingly common

Comment

I can't help but think in this environment it would be incredibly easy to opena bar/restaurant of your own, teach the staff service they way you want it, and make a killing as a legendary establishment.

So what is stopping people from doing this?

Comment

(grunyen @ Jul. 02 2007,06:16) I can't help but think in this environment it would be incredibly easy to opena  bar/restaurant of your own, teach the staff service they way you want it, and make a killing as a legendary establishment.

So what is stopping people from doing this?
              One major flaw in that argument....

....teach the staff

This is endemic, and is not going to be changed with a 2 day training course
              Mister Arse

Comment

Try getting waitress service at Lucky Lukes Bar  

Well-named : 'Lucky to get a drink, lucky to get a smile'.  Low season, and the attitude of the staff there (with one brilliant exception) makes the Obsession experience seem a delight
                TT

Comment

Somebody on this thread (or maybe another, I can't find it so I can't quote the source) said that you can't blame the bar for the behaviour of the staff. Well, this is bollocks.

My favourite bar in Pattaya (and indeed nearly all of Thailand) is my favourite hang out because the dancers and prowlers would never dare to approach you unless you specifically pointed them out or asked a hostess to bring thm over.

That's why I go there and that's why I stick around and always bar fine someone from there.

Going to the shitpits of Bangkok is quite frankly beneath my dignity and I'll pop in to have a look or accompany friends, but I would never put myself through the indignity and abuse of going there on my own simply to have a good time.

I've never had a 'good time' yet in a shitpit and it's unlikely to start happening anytime soon!

Comment

Bottom Line.............
                    Different Bars for Different Folks with Different Tastes  
                    You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Yes Stogie you can't get him into Nana without kicking and screaming but once inside you can't get him out without kicking and screaming

Comment

Working...
                      X