Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2008 Miss Philippines Amazing Beauty Pageant.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Winner, Angelika Santillan, during the swimsuit section
    Attached Files

Comment

Salamat for this! But why are the videos always so poor? The backstage photos are brilliant, I guess its an ambition of mine to be a fly on the wall (with camera!) at these events.
      Dexter Hines

Comment

But why are the videos always so poor?
        Because the videos that have been posted on YouTube are not professionally photographed - although we have been told that a DVD is usually available within a month of the event - and if we learn the details, etc., we will post the information here.

Comment

28.10.2008 Source: Pravda.Ru          

An unusual beauty pageant took place in the capital of the Philippines, Manila, last week. The pageant, Amazing Philippines Beauties 2008, was held to choose the beauty queen among transsexuals and transvestites.

Transsexual beauty queen crowned in Philippines

Angelika Santillan, 27, won the title of the most beautiful contestant from 25 other €˜women.€™ Santillan stole her crown from her major rival, Rosa Garcia, 19, who came in as the first runner-up. Rianne Barrameda, the 2007 winner of the contest, awarded the crown to the most beautiful and amazing beauty in the Philippines.

Angelika was supposed to fly to Thailand on October 26, where so-called lady-boys are categorized as a separate sex, to represent her country at the international pageant Miss International Queen 2008. However, the visit was later delayed indefinitely due to ongoing riots in the country.

Miss International Queen is traditionally held in Pattaya, a popular tourist destination in Thailand . Transsexual individuals from dozens of countries in Asia, Europe and America participate in the pageant.

The beauty queens of such competitions receive smaller prizes in comparison with the winners of Miss World or Miss Universe pageants. They only receive a diamond-encrusted tiara (which they pass over to other winners every year) and a $10,000 bonus.

The contestants€™ spending may often exceed the amount of the reward. Every contestant must present a national costume, a bathing suit, an evening outfit, a self-made costume, a strict black dress and underwear. The price of one stage dress only may often reach 30,000 or even 40,000 dollars.

As a rule, Miss International Queen is a pageant for Asian lady-boys, although transsexuals from Europe , the United States and Latin America come to Pattaya to participate in the event too.

Article in Pravda 28 October 2008
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey, I was there too! I attended this event with a few friends and I noticed a few unaccompanied white guys with "sharky" looks that resembled like this --->   .
            Hahaha!  

I wonder if any of them were from here...  

S
            Anything spent less than mad love is a waste of time

Comment

Angelika was supposed to fly to Thailand on October 26, where so-called lady-boys are categorized as a separate sex, to represent her country at the international pageant Miss International Queen 2008. However, the visit was later delayed indefinitely due to ongoing riots in the country.
              I wonder why the author felt the need to put the word "so-called" in there ?
              No honey, no money!!

Comment

bigmick22, that story came from a Russian news service, (Pravda.ru) probably some translation issues with that article.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                Membership Levels
                The Rookie Thread
                New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

as ever, you assume the best (i.e. a translation mistake rather than someone's negative prejudices shining through). You're a better man than me
                  No honey, no money!!

Comment

rxpharm If one does a Google search on this Pageant, virtually all of the articles talk of "transsexuals and transvestites" and the majority bring "Gay or homosexual" into the story.

So I am very much in   bigmick22's corner on this one.

Whilst I accept that part of the problem lies with the Filipino's themselves refering to transsexuals as "Shemales" and "Gays", I really do think the mainstream media reporting on this Pageant has been ignorant, slanted, biased and totally prejudiced.

Comment

• The pageant contestants appeared on a late-night show. pity about the very poor quality

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0tXv8PtQXEc

apparently, there will be another pageant in Manila. 6 December. "Miss Queen Philippines is a beauty and wits competition for Filipino transgender women. It is a venue where they can showcase and celebrate their uniqueness."

http://www.tsphilippines.com/2008manilapridemarch.htm

then click on pageant at top left.
                      ciao

Comment

• I thought I'd share some more pics of this recent event because the girls are SO lovely.
                        The first 2 are the winner Angelika posing with friends after the pageant.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• These were some of the poolside "photo op" shots. Angelika is in curlers! That shows a lot of ball.... err, confidence

The little dark haired minx in the second pic is soo cute

... and thegame's friend Josie is #8 in the group shot, lovelies all...... has me seriously planning for a PI trip soon ..... (besides I don't think I can get in BKK airport by air now!)
                          Attached Files

Comment

• No question about it, I think that Thailand hands down has the infrastructure, sights, food & sophisticated capitol that the PI lacks, it's by far the better holiday destination, except perhaps for serious divers.
                            But the PI, for all it's hurdles, has such friendly people & beautiful english speaking girls, (no offense to our non-english BMs ) that it may be worth the work & extra prep time to some. Plus I really like that PI girl "look" as much as the Thai girls.....

Below are several reasons I'm probably heading back again in '09, all from the Amazing show backstage.....
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Some lovelies there cheers
                              Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

• El_hefe, thanks for sharing more contest photos - indeed some lovely looking ladies! I did visit the Amazing show back in 2004. Some advice - management is quite strict about the showgirls "dating" audience members. In fact some have been dismissed for this.

One useful approach is to go to your favourite during the after show photo sessions, and slip her your mobile number along with the tip. That way she can call you after she is away from the theatre and the spying eyes of management.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                                Membership Levels
                                The Rookie Thread
                                New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                                Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Working...
                                X