X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Battle Begins

There has been so much talk about the age of the Australians and yet it is England that have the injury problems. I think England will miss Vaughan, Simon Jones and especially Trescothick. Jones gave them that extra option in the bowling last year and took some vital wickets and Trescothick gives experience at the top of the order to build a foundation. Also there are question marks over Flintoff and Giles who are just coming back from injuries and also Ian Bell who bruised his wrist. Add in the fact that they haven't had a great preparation - bad Champions trophy, thrashed in a warm up game and only two 3-day matches and I think things look grim for England.
    But that all goes out the window once the first ball is bowled.

I think Australia are a lot more focused and determined then they were last year, we became a bit complacent last year especially after winning the first test. We also have a better squad of bowlers to pick from this time, last year when McGrath was injured some of the other players didn't stand up.

Hopefully we can see some tight games again but this time with a different result.

We need Vaugh05 to give us some odds.
    I don't get it, is this a magic show?

57/0 after 12 overs - i'm off to bed!!!!!!!!!

Probably be better in the morning!!

seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

and I logged on to find that Ponting had hit a century - here we go again

Cheers

Comment

And I suffered all day at the ground!

But that all goes out the window once the first ball is bowled.
         Well, not really andre459 -
        it was a wide from Harmison!   Uphill tomorrow, but Flintoff may give England a chance.   Yes, Ponting did look very focussed!

Hearing about the Guess Bar cheered me up, though!
        TT

Comment

shit start by england again if england had a full squad they could do well ,but the convicts look good this time dont panic poms its early days

Comment

Same thing happened last year and you still won the series. Long way to go.
            If Harmison can fire today with the new ball it will help.

Comment

3-53 at close fucking hell england are in alot of trouble. without flintoff you woul;d be goooooone
              just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

fucking hell england are in alot of trouble. without flintoff you woul;d be  goooooone
                Yes, donnnny I think that sums it up!  I had another pleasant day at the Gabba    

TT

Comment

Hey TTChang you might want to cancel that trip downunder and head straight back to LOS. Because if youe cricket team is fucked you might as well be also

Comment

Hey TTChang you might want to cancel that trip downunder and head straight back to LOS. Because if youe cricket team is fucked you might as well be also      
                       Nice one, Ozzie!

I already have my diary out for Plan B.  A night with my favourite LB would certainly ease the pain of Queensland.  

Not sure England have a Plan B                   
                    TT

Comment

All this England bashing continues....

I remember last summer when after a thorough thrashing in the first test all the whiners were predicting a 5-0 rout and we know what happened.

If the ozzies are that worried about their bowlers lasting the course in the first test, what are the geriatrics going nto be like by test 3?

Stand by the guys down under and urge them on to a winning series (even if we get thrashed in Brisbane)

Comment

looks like a boring one sided test again!?      

Comment

If the ozzies are that worried about their bowlers lasting the course in the first test, what are the geriatrics going to be like by test 3?
                          McGrath already has a bruised heel and the first test hasn't even finished. If Australia don't win this test Ponting is going to cop a hiding in the press, the wolves are already circling. Brett Lee has been a bit disappointing I think Stuart Clark should take the new ball with McGrath this morning.

Comment

nd thunderstorms are forecast for monday....

Comment

If we can knock Pietersen over with the new ball it could be all over by lunch.

Comment

Working...
                              X