Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who knew there are 148 National Parks 57 Wildlife Sanctuaries and 24 Marine National Parks in Thailand.

The National Parks and other wild places of Thailand
    Stephen Elliott & Gerald Cubitt 2001 "ISBN 1-84537-313-8"

Comment

• Just finished Entangled by Graham Hancock. This is his first major work of fiction, as he is best known for his work in the genre of alternative history. I have to say, that despite the fact that it ended with a fucking cliff hanger, and that it read a bit too much like a Hollywood thriller, with lots of violence, which I really don't care for, it was a very entertaining read.  
      Sorry, no ISBM # since it was a Kindle download.
      Also read Supernatural, by the same author. This one is non-fiction and deals with the use of entheogens (hallucinogens) by shamans of the upper paleolithic in southern Europe. You know, those guys who did the cave art in France and Spain around the time of the end of the last Ice Age. Fascinating read if you're into that sort of thing.  
      "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
      Salin' on a summer breeze
      And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
      -Harry Nilsson

Comment

• Crime novels by "Peter James". British writer, all set in the U.K. There's lots of them. Engaging reading!

Comment

• It is amazing how well read a collection off arse sniffing mongers we all are.
          TEXASMAC

Comment

• Apparently this genre is called "Dystopian Fiction"

"The Book of Dave" by Will Self © 2006 ISBN 13 978 0 670 91443 2 (written lots of other books)

Helps if you can read txt messages fluently or understand "cockney". Interesting read.

Comment

• Just finishing up Mark Ribowsky's bio on one Howard Cosell. Very interesting, indeed. Now some of you younger whipper snappers might have limited memories of Howard the Gasbag, Wheter you like him or loathe him, Cosell was a huge figure in the world of sports and pop culture. His career was linked with one Muhammed Ali. Lots of stuff about Ali and lots of juice about Monday Night Football. A very good read, indeed.....

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!
              Be careful out there!

Comment

• Excellent read.. Talk about hypocrisy of "the West" and the "war" on drugs continues....

Escobar The inside story of Pablo Escobar The worlds most powerful Criminal

By Roberto Escobar and David Fisher 2009 364.177 ESC ISBN 978 0340 95109-5

Comment

• I am reading posts about " What we are currently reading". Its just difficult to get my computer into the bathroom.
                  TEXASMAC

Comment

• Many of us see little to nothing of "real" Thailand apart the usual night life traps and areas we know so well.

Both the authors are long time Thai veterans

"Presenting Thailand A journey through the Kingdom"
                    By John Hoskin, Photos by Mark Standen
                    ISBN 978-1-906780-37-1 © 2011

The text and particularly the photos are outstanding

Comment

• I actually just started a book that one of my Vietnamese associates gave me. She said that it looks like I am under alot of stress at work. It is called "Life in Uncertain - Death is Certain". I am not even going to try to type the author's name from memory. it is actually pretty good.
                      TEXASMAC

Comment

• With talk on another thread on Richard Dawkins reminded me I recently read & enjoyed.

Most useful invention... a Spectroscope!

"The magic Of Reality, How we know what's really true" by Richard Dawkins ISBN 978-1-4391-8

Comment

• Easy and funny read

"Don't tell Mum I work on the rigs"
                          Paul Carter 622.338 CAR ISBN: 978-1-74114-698-1

Comment

• I hate to say that after the movie I am reading the " Jack Reacher " novels. They are simple I can read on the plane or on the toilet.
                            TEXASMAC

Comment

• Anything from the Chinese writer Qiu Xiaolong

Really delightful "Inspector Chen" series. Currently seven books in the series.

http://www.qiuxiaolong.com/

Comment

• Wow, after even graduating from college seeing what you gentlemen read makes me feel .... I thought I was somewhat smart.
                                TEXASMAC

Comment

Working...
                                X