Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(aussieguy @ Jun. 07 2008,19:10) What am I reading?....this forum...
    it was only a matter of time!?

Comment

Just read gordon ramsays latest part to his biography and now reading marley and me( sad hay). Going to finish the templer revelation after marley and me, put it down as it was dragging.
      Good book i have read recently is called Blood Rites by a guy named jimmy lee shreve. The book is about ritulistic killing starting with the childs torso found in the thames, then moving on too africa and south america a bit of europe and explores the darker side of some religious sacrifice and hoodoo and other practices.
      Couldn't get into this book at first but the authors writing style is cool.
      i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

(marshal @ Jun. 17 2008,09:45) explores the darker side of some religious sacrifice and hoodoo and other practices.
        I think you mean voodoo .

Hoodoo means bad luck , but then to get murdered , chopped up and thrown in the Thames is pretty bad luck in anyones book , so maybe you were right the first time .
        Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Recently finished this book, My Thai Girlfriend and I by Andrew Hicks. I met the author back in February at one of the farang Pubs in Surin but I did not know at the time he was an author. Andrew was just one of a group of Farangs who were living in the Surin area and got together in the pubs on an irregualr basis. This book tells of his meeting his future wife, marrying her, building a home and everything else that goes along with a new life in Thailand. Some of his adventures rang true for me and it was nice to get his perspective on things. For anyone who wants to commit to a life in Thailand it is a must read.

Comment

just finished ranulph fiennes autobiography,very tough man and also very humble,good read.

Comment

(jimslim @ Jun. 18 2008,00:02)
              (marshal @ Jun. 17 2008,09:45) explores the darker side of some religious sacrifice and hoodoo and other practices.
              I think you mean voodoo .

Hoodoo means bad luck , but then to get murdered , chopped up and thrown in the Thames is pretty bad luck in anyones book , so maybe you were right the first time .
              Jimslim in the dictionary hoodoo is said to mean badluck.
              But most other sources claim voodoo is the religeous part and hoodoo is the magik part. Anyhow, as long as no one is casting spells on any of us, we all should be ok

Comment

(katoeylover @ Jun. 06 2008,12:27) Grisham love all his books as they are so easy to read.

Perfect for planes and a great beach read. Read just about all his books that are out in paperback.

Comment

Anyone read thailand confidential by jerry hopkins?
                  I enjoyed it and had a laugh at the bits we can all identify with.

Comment

just finished "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote - well worth a look
                    No honey, no money!!

Comment

Currently reading "Complete idiots guide to computers" and am unable to progress past page 11 .  
                      Hear all, see all, say nowt, well not much anyrode.

Comment

Whats on that page? "How to post on forums?"
                        seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(titleist @ Jul. 10 2008,00:16) Currently reading "Complete idiots guide to computers" and am unable to progress past page 11 .  
                          I think I know your problem ....

... you are not a "complete idiot".

Looks like you have the wrong book.
                          Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(katoeylover @ Jul. 10 2008,07:11) Whats on that page?  "How to post on forums?"  
                            Kl my friend, have you not noticed my recent barrage of wit that has almost seen me hit the magical 50 post barrier. I am just getting into the swing of this forum caper so look out.
                            Hear all, see all, say nowt, well not much anyrode.

Comment

(bigmick22 @ Jul. 09 2008,14:02) just finished "In Cold Blood" by Truman Capote - well worth a look
                              If you enjoyed that...you might want to pick up a copy of Executioner's Song  By Norman Mailer and The Onion Field by Joseph Wambaugh...

Riveting reads...
                              "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Starting "Into Thin Air" today by Jon Krakauer ..... excellent writer who did ''Into the Wild" as well, this is the story about the doomed Mt. Everest climb a few years back; which he was on. Thanks to P.D. for reminding me to read this, I was in a used book store the other day and got it for 3 bucks!
                                Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X