Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree to a degree and if Powell would have simply said "I'm leaning towards Obama" it would be tempered a bit......but instead he literally "Bashed" the GOP and Palin and McCain for his underhanded tactics.

We're at 264 by all accounts with one state to gain. The Bradley factor may come into play a bit but not enough for McCain to pull all battleground states. I still wouldn't recommend measuring drapes but you might want to start keeping track of some of the sales!!!!

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
    ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

The Republicans are purportedly crooked, according to you, but it is a fact that the Democrats can't keep their dicks in their pants.

Comment

I guess that goes for Hillary too?

In my opinion the Dems really won both the last two elections. I think it is going to be a little difficult for them Republics to pull their shennanigans this time.

Comment

The GOP is sad right now. That makes me happy.  

POL
          Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

(alan1chef @ Oct. 19 2008,18:11) The Republicans are purportedly crooked, according to you, but it is a fact that the Democrats can't keep their dicks in their pants.

Alan, Alan, Alan...tsk tsk tsk, our naive young Republican ladyboy lover.
            Yes the Pubs are crooked as a dog's hind leg. Whether it is rigging elections or massaging intelligence to get us into a war.
            As for keeping one's dick in their pants, before you say it is just the Dems who can't do this, not that there is anything wrong with that, maybe you better look at Larry Craig, the men's restroom troll, or Mark Foley, who likes to write sexually suggestive letters to underage male pages. The thing of it is, the Pubs are just hypocrites about it. They rail against gay rights, gay marriage, etc, but don't mind a little male loving if they can find it on the sly.
            “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(smuttleydfs @ Oct. 19 2008,14:00)

I agree to a degree and if Powell would have simply said "I'm leaning towards Obama" it would be tempered a bit......but instead he literally "Bashed" the GOP and Palin and McCain for his underhanded tactics.

We're at 264 by all accounts with one state to gain. The Bradley factor may come into play a bit but not enough for McCain to pull all battleground states. I still wouldn't recommend measuring drapes but you might want to start keeping track of some of the sales!!!!

Hope you are correct my big cocked ladyboy loving friend.

It will be nice, if Barak wins, to see him set up a bipartisan cabinet. Don't recall any recent prez doing this. Very good chance both Lugar and Powell will have some role or another.
              If Chuck Hagel was interested, I could imagine him being under consideration for a cabinet post too. Some Pubs do have integrity.
              I wonder if he would offer a job such as Sec of Treasury to Warren Buffet and if he did, would Buffet accept? Seems like Barak puts a lot of stock in Buffet's opinions with regards to the economy and such.
              “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
              ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

That would be a financial windfall for Warren for sure.

As treasury secretary he is forced to sell all his stock. Because of this he is exempt from paying capital gains tax on his profits. This saved Paulson about 50 million bucks and would save WB even more.

Comment

(Lefty @ Oct. 20 2008,05:14) As for keeping one's dick in their pants, before you say it is just the Dems who can't do this, not that there is anything wrong with that, maybe you better look at Larry Craig, the men's restroom troll, or Mark Foley, who likes to write sexually suggestive letters to underage male pages. The thing of it is, the Pubs are just hypocrites about it. They rail against gay rights, gay marriage, etc, but don't mind a little male loving if they can find it on the sly.
                  Giuliiani had how many wives and mistresses? McCain?

The list goes on and on. Who was the guy who was Speaker of the House for 1 day, during the Clinton era, before it was discovered he'd had an affair?

Jeff Gannon couldn't stay out of other people's pants. Of course, he was paid to do it, so maybe that's okay?

POL

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Oct. 20 2008,07:28)  That would be a financial windfall for Warren for sure.

As treasury secretary he is forced to sell all his stock.  Because of this he is exempt from paying capital gains tax  on his profits.   This saved Paulson about 50 million bucks and would save WB even more.
                    I didn't realize that. I thought they had to keep it in a blind trust, with a portfolio that *could* change over time. Given Buffet's scale of investments, it would be impossible to liquidate his holdings without causing severe market disruptions for multiple companies and industries.

For that reason, I think Buffet would just be an advisor.

POL

Comment

According to Michael Lewis in a Bloomberg article:

Lately, for instance, I have heard several hedge-fund managers gossiping about Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson. One of the things they say is that, in leaving Goldman for government service, Paulson made the greatest trade of his life. Not only was he required to sell his half-billion dollars in Goldman stock near the high, but also, as Treasury Secretary, he was exempt from capital-gains taxes. By getting out of Goldman while the getting was good, the guy may have doubled his net worth.

But upon further research I think Lewis has it wrong and Paulson keeps his original cost basis with his new portfolio so the tax is only deferred, not forgiven.

Comment

Gee....you called me "young"...thanks a lot....fact is, I am 56. As for the 2000 election being rigged...there is no legal evidence that the election was rigged. I should remind you that the US Supreme Court handed down the decision. Of course, you will tell me that was rigged too. I take it you don't believe in the rule of law? You should live in Thailand....then maybe you will appreciate rule of law. Here's some Wikipedia details for you...to refresh the facts.

"In a per curiam decision, by a 7€“2 vote, the Court in Bush v. Gore held that the Florida Supreme Court's method for recounting ballots was a violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. By a 5€“4 vote, the Court held that no alternative method could be established within the time limits set by the State of Florida. Three of the concurring justices also asserted that the Florida Supreme Court had violated Article II, § 1, cl. 2 of the Constitution, by misinterpreting Florida election law that had been enacted by the Florida Legislature."

Comment

As for manipulating data to get us into war....let me refresh your aging memory....The Bay of Pigs...President Kennedy and the Democrats tried to get us into a war with Cuba....and the Democrats are so bad at it...they botched it up. Oh yes....the entire mess in Vietnam was a result of botched and manipulated intelligence by the Democrats. It was a Democratic President, LBJ, who sucked us into Vietnam and failed to handle the war properly. He botched it up so badly, it cost him any chance at re-election. Lefty, you are forgetting your history.

Comment

Try this if youy like "history"
                            The Problems with Bugliosi's Approach
                            Prosecuting Bush
                            http://counterpunch.org/boggs10172008.html
                            By CARL BOGGS Weekend Edition October 17 / 20, 2008

Comment

Face it Alan.............in 15 days the GOP will once again be irrelevant..........and your opinions will be more then they already are.

Have you told all your GOP buddies you like to look at and jerk off to young men posing as women exposing their cocks?.....rhetorical question......we all know the answer

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
                              ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

(smuttleydfs @ Oct. 20 2008,03:18) Have you told all your GOP buddies you like to look at and jerk off to young men posing as women exposing their cocks?
                                "Log Cabin Republicans stand on the front lines of today€™s most important battle for the civil rights of gay and lesbian Americans."

Some say Abe Lincoln was gay.

And Babe Ruth black.

Comment

Working...
                                X