Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting tidbit from James Carville: The last time a Republican ticket got elected to the Whitehouse without a Nixon or a Bush as part of it was 1928.
    “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(Lefty @ Oct. 23 2008,21:09) Interesting tidbit from James Carville: The last time a Republican ticket got elected to  the Whitehouse without a Nixon or a Bush as part of it was 1928.
      Not sure if that was Carville but I heard Chris MAtthews talk about it on Hardball last night.

Lets hope this lasts another 8 years

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
      ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

I was 8 years old when JFK took office and I vividly remember doing "duck and cover" drills in elementary school even to this day. JFK readily admitted and took full responsibility for the Bay of Pigs mess, even though he was not the originator of the idea to invade Cuba. He earned the respect of the whole nation for that move.

His mistake was taking the advice of others in his administration, without really looking into the details. When it looked like the invasion would fail, many of his advisors were telling him to send in troops and he refused. Yes, pacman, that was the right decision, and it would have gotten ugly if he had sent in troops to back up the Cuban rebels.

Except for this incident, JFK was a very good President, and he did make up for his initial mistake in backing this failed plan by firing the CIA director. I often wonder how different the world might have been had he not been assasinated. I honestly believe that JFK would not have gotten us mired in Vietnam. I think he would have let the French suffer defeat on their own and not gotten us involved.

Comment

(geezer @ Oct. 24 2008,01:07) I just hope the Israel doesn't say fuck it, we're bombing Iran .
          Ya, this is going happen for sure. Someone is going to hit those fuckers, ill put money on it around mid January

I think there waiting for the Iranians to apply the last coat of paint to the facility... then its boom time. Cant see any other way this is going to end

How Obama would handle it is another question but its going to be a tough test for whom ever is sitting in power

Comment

(alan1chef @ Oct. 24 2008,03:14) I honestly believe that JFK would not have gotten us mired in Vietnam. I think he would have let the French suffer defeat on their own and not gotten us involved.
            Don't forget that JFK originally sent troops into Vietnam, it was RFK that realized the errors of his older brother and I think was the best of the Kennedys. As tragic as JFK's assaination was RFKs was ultimately worse. He would have most definitely been president in 68 through 76 and I think there would have been some great changes then.

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
            ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Still an 80-20% spread but I bet the real election comes way closer or at least would hope it does
              You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Photo #1 - Contestants relax in between rounds during a U.S. Republican vice-presidential nominee Alaska Governor Sarah Palin look-alike stripper contest at a strip club in Las Vegas, Nevada October 23, 2008. Contestants competed for $10,000 in prize money and a trip to Washington D.C. for the presidential inauguration.

Photo #2 -Contestants pose backstage before a U.S. Republican vice-presidential nominee Palin look-alike stripper contest in Las Vegas

Photo #3 - Kimberly Jones of Las Vegas waves to the crowd during a U.S. Republican vice-presidential nominee Palin look-alike stripper contest in Las Vegas
                Attached Files

Comment

Photo # 4 - Tara Parsons of Las Vegas takes part in a U.S. Republican vice-presidential nominee Palin look-alike stripper contest in Las Vegas

Photo #5 - And the Winner is..............Kimberly Jones of Las Vegas celebrates after winning a U.S. Republican vice-presidential nominee Palin look-alike stripper contest in Las Vegas

Yeah - Horrible but better than seeing U.S. Republican Presidential nominee male-look-a-likes naked!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

(smuttleydfs @ Oct. 24 2008,06:16)
                    (alan1chef @ Oct. 24 2008,03:14) I honestly believe that JFK would not have gotten us mired in Vietnam. I think he would have let the French suffer defeat on their own and not gotten us involved.
                    Don't forget that JFK originally sent troops into Vietnam, it was RFK that realized the errors of his older brother and I think was the best of the Kennedys. As tragic as JFK's assaination was RFKs was ultimately worse. He would have most definitely been president in 68 through 76 and I think there would have been some great changes then.

If JFK had not been assassinated, he was preparing to pull the plug on our involvement in VN, or at least seriously down scale it. Many people believe this was one of the things that led to the conspiracy to assassinate him.
                    He would never have staged the Gulf of Tonkin incident as an excuse to escalate our involvement over there like that worthless fucker LBJ did. LBJ is solely to blame for our massive troop buildup and getting us into a full fledged war ran be incompetent morons like Westmoreland and Robert Strange McNamara. Yes that is his actual middle name.
                    That is one Dem I have absolutely no use for. Not only for what he did about VN but also his covering up what Israel did to us in the USS Liberty incident. What a piece of shit. I hope he is burning in hell right now.
                    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Yes, Smuttley, RFK definitely had the momentum in 68 to get the nomination and he would have easliy won the election. True JFK did send advisors to Vietnam, however, I don't think he would have escalated it much beyond that. JFK believed in the sovereign right of nations and would not have turned it into the debacle that LBJ did.

Comment

alan1chef, just a question how do you feel about Proposition 8 in California - those fine Republicans who wish to ban the state recognition of same sex marriage?

This is a question on the ballot and seems to have a reasonable chance of being passed.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                        Membership Levels
                        The Rookie Thread
                        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

For me at the moment..... Paris Hilton is the first choise....she is blond.....
                          Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

(rxpharm @ Nov. 01 2008,03:31)
                            alan1chef, just a question how do you feel about Proposition 8 in California - those fine Republicans who wish to ban the state recognition of same sex marriage?
                            alan wont´t marry a lb, just the hotsex.
                            "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

Anyone believe this may end in an upset?
                              You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

(SamplerDoc @ Nov. 01 2008,17:53) Anyone believe this may end in an upset?
                                Bite your tongue sir!!! If I gotta listen to McCain beginning every other sentence with "my friends" for the next 4 years, or hearing Palin's voice reminiscent of finger nails down a blackboard, I'm gonna either or
                                ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Working...
                                X