Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joerg Haider of Austria dies in car crash - R.I.P.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joerg Haider of Austria dies in car crash - R.I.P.

[URL]
    http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...,4284135.story[/URL}

Austrian far-right leader Joerg Haider was killed in a car accident early today, the national news agency APA reported.

It quoted police as saying that Haider died after suffering severe head and chest injuries when the car he was driving went out of control and rolled several times outside the southern city of Klagenfurt. APA said Haider was alone in the car.

Rightist groups surged to a combined 30% of the vote in parliamentary elections last month, with Haider's smaller Alliance for Austria's Future tripling its support to about 12%.

Haider, 58, governor of Carinthia province, had been active in politics since his teen years. He became a full-time politician in 1977 for the right-wing Freedom Party.

He caused an international backlash when the Freedom Party formed a coalition government with the conservative People's Party in 2000, triggering widespread condemnation and European Union sanctions. The deal fell apart, leading to an early election in 2002 in which the Freedom Party lost heavily, followed by a remake of the coalition.

After struggles within the Freedom Party, Haider formed the breakaway Alliance for Austria's Future in 2005. His new party only just scraped past the 4% threshold to enter parliament in a national election in 2006.

Haider made headlines with his anti-immigration policies and verbal gaffes.

Bye Bye Jörg....Nobody will forgrt you!!

Yours
    Dieter
    Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Yes, he will be missed as much as Hitler
    "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

He made a lot of sense to me. Sad loss for Austria. He was about the only thing with balls to come out of that country. All be full of fuzzy wuzzies now he's gone.

Comment

Not sad lost for austria... A sad lost for Europe... Landeshauptmann from Kärnten..

A great European....

Dieter

P.S: Jörg have  2 balls .....I don´t know any swedish who have a full set....
        Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

Ah come, you rightwing nutters. This guy was an extremist anti immigratin racist.

Don´t sugarcoat it. This was a bad man, as bad as that crazy lady in Denmark, forgot her name..
          "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

Hey Sev7en, your new avatar is interesting. Clutching your gun and bible too out there in the boondocks as things have gotten bad for the country are we?
            “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(sev7en @ Oct. 12 2008,05:12) This guy was an extremist anti immigratin racist....
              Yeah, but he probably had his faults, also. No one's perfect.

Comment

Yeah it's really sad he died in a car crash..

Pity he didnt die of bowel cancer.... that would be much funnier  

Comment

(Stogie @ Oct. 12 2008,02:11) He made a lot of sense to me. Sad loss for Austria. He was about the only thing with balls to come out of that country. All be full of fuzzy wuzzies now he's gone.
                  What about Arnold? The Governator!

He governs a state that is 4X as large as Austria's. Its economy is incomparably more significant.

While there can be more than one Terminator, there can be only one Arnold!

POL
                  Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

(perth_couple @ Oct. 12 2008,12:46) Yeah it's really sad he died in a car crash..

Comment

he was a fucking nazist....i am not sad..

Comment

Austria has always been in denial about its Nazi past. Some Austrians conveniently forget that Hitler and several of the main Nazis were born in their country.

Comment

(allstar88 @ Oct. 12 2008,13:32)
                          (perth_couple @ Oct. 12 2008,12:46) Yeah it's really sad he died in a car crash..

While it looks like we have similar politics... We totally with your avatar!!!

Comment

Not exactly a great loss for humanity
                            Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Haider spoke of things people don't want to hear. People like it neat and tidy. The history books must say all nazi's were evil and all allies were such good people. Haider had the courage to speak the truth instead of politically correct BS and I respected him for that. Most villified him for it. Haider was also a closet homosexual.

The situation reminds me of marijuana. Many don't want to hear about medical marijuana. All they want to hear is the stuff is categorically bad and to lock up anyone using it. Keeps it nice and simple where they don't have to think outside their comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                              X