Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was watching a current affairs program recently and there was a journalist on it talking about all this church stuff, and one thing he pointed out was years ago, if you asked a priest what was more important, cannon law or civil law, very few priests could answer it. These days nearly all priests will say civil law cause they know times have changed so much.

One thing I have noticed with Irish catholic families, is young people move away from the church in their mid teens, but in their late 20's early 30's when they start families of their own, they start going to church again, just because they have kids coming up to communion or confirmation age.

I went to a christian brothers school and I was one of only two in my class that questioned having to pray before class and study religion. It got me into hot water on a couple of occasions. My religion teacher in school actually got arrested a few years ago for abusing boys in a school in Galway in the 70's. Last time I seen him he was walking out of a bookies going into a pub in Dublin, pissed drunk.
    I know you still read here, checking my every post like the psychotic stalker that you are

I lay there in bed thinking to myself, am I gay and then Lusi rammed her cock in my mouth and I thought, who cares this is fantastic!!!

Comment

(whore @ Mar. 27 2010,21:33)  There would be more paedophiles in sunee plaza on a Saturday night than there is in the whole Catholic church worldwide.
      Wow, i had no idea Sunee had a seating capacity equal to the feckin'
      Maracana

With easy access to the young and the position of trust,I think that
      the priesthood is a magnet for kiddie fiddlers and psycho nuns whether they're religious minded or not,but to hide these people is an absolute disgrace..The Pope should never be allowed to step foot in this country.

By the sound of some of the posts on this thread Catholics carry more
      emotional baggage than even ladyboys!

I had to post this..even if it's just to laugh at the irony of the reporters name.

Vienna boys chior abuse claims

x
      Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

Roger Boyes
        Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

2nd cousin of Father Ben Dover
          Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

A close relation to his holiness, the Arch Bishop, Philip McRevass.
            "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
            Salin' on a summer breeze
            And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
            -Harry Nilsson

Comment

...or his mate Phillip McCavity...

As to Martin Luther versus Henry VIII, I concede the point about who was more influential but don't think Henry wasn't being courageous.

Henry was condemned to burn in eternal condemnation & no one ever defied Papal Infallibility.

Only a brave man or a fool would have risked burning in hell for eternity just to get a divorce.

I still consider ol' Henry a very important historical figure of the last 1000 years. Perhaps not the single most one. Thanks for the correction.
              Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(pacman @ Mar. 29 2010,16:16) Only a brave man or a fool would have risked burning in hell for eternity just to get a divorce.
                He risked that getting married in the first place
                x
                Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

Many in those days and before, 'defied; the Papacy. Politics. The power of the Papacy throughout Europe and its ability to dictate termsat a local level was always in a state of flux and dependent upon political considerations in any given context.

No doubt Henry VIII was a big guy in every sense of the word. But taking on the Papacy at that time, particularly from within England, was not particularly courageous. Just a good call and he knew how to handle the fallout   And he didn't do it to create the good ol Church of England. That was a by-product of his own venal schemes. History can be funny that way

Perhaps we should move any further discussion of Henry to the Obesity thread  

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tym0M...eature=related  Enjoy
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foFXj7pEj4g
                    I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

(pacman @ Mar. 29 2010,22:16) Only a brave man or a fool would have risked burning in hell for eternity just to get a divorce.
                      I would have taken that risk for mine...

Comment

Not content to just rape the children they had to do the Nuns as well!

Vatican Confirms Report of Sexual Abuse and Rape of Nuns by Priests in 23 Countries
                        March 29th, 2010

Via: Independent:
                        http://www.independent.co.uk/news....61.html

The Catholic Church in Rome made the extraordinary admission yesterday that it is aware priests from at least 23 countries have been sexually abusing nuns.

The Catholic Church in Rome made the extraordinary admission yesterday that it is aware priests from at least 23 countries have been sexually abusing nuns.

Most of the abuse has occurred in Africa, where priests vowed to celibacy, who previously sought out prostitutes, have preyed on nuns to avoid contracting the Aids virus.

Confidential Vatican reports obtained by the National Catholic Reporter, a weekly magazine in the US, have revealed that members of the Catholic clergy have been exploiting their financial and spiritual authority to gain sexual favours from nuns, particularly those from the Third World who are more likely to be culturally conditioned to be subservient to men.

The reports, some of which are recent and some of which have been in circulation for at least seven years, said that such priests had demanded sex in exchange for favours, such as certification to work in a given diocese.

In extreme instances, the priests had made nuns pregnant and then encouraged them to have abortions.

The US article was based on five documents, which senior women from religious orders and priests have presented to the Vatican over the past decade. They describe a particularly bad situation in Africa. In a continent devastated by Aids, nuns, along with early adolescent girls, are perceived by some as safe sexual targets. The reports said that the church authorities had done little to tackle the problem.

The Vatican reports cited countless cases of nuns forced to have sex with priests. Some were obliged to take the pill, others became pregnant and were encouraged to have abortions. In one case in which an African sister was forced to have an abortion, she died during the operation and her aggressor led the funeral mass. Another case involved 29 sisters from the same congregation who all became pregnant to priests in the diocese.

Comment

(Torurot @ Mar. 30 2010,14:52) In extreme instances, the priests had made nuns pregnant and then encouraged them to have abortions.

The Vatican reports cited countless cases of nuns forced to have sex with priests. Some were obliged to take the pill, others became pregnant and were encouraged to have abortions. In one case in which an African sister was forced to have an abortion, she died during the operation and her aggressor led the funeral mass. Another case involved 29 sisters from the same congregation who all became pregnant to priests in the diocese.
                          I think these revelations take the definition of hypocrisy to new heights.

How these priests must self flagellate in order to make themselves pure again.

Do these idiots really think they are worthy of God's forgiveness when they have so blatently broken Papal Law?
                          Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(pacman @ Mar. 29 2010,22:16) Only a brave man or a fool would have risked burning in hell
                            Im not sure its that bad , i hear its like a dry heat

Comment

Priests doing Nuns is almost the perfect crime

I can see how it could have been a viable career path for some...

Comment

Working...
                              X