X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants vs Saints (Unbeatens!)

The Giants (5 - 0) play The Saints (4 - 0) on Sunday 8th in The Superdome...

(Let's just assume the Giants will bury the Raiders at home in week 5, eh?)

Who is going to win this game and will the winner of this game represent the NFC in The Superbowl?

My money is on The Saints because...

1 - I love The Saints!
    2 - The Saints are playing at home.
    3 - The Saints are coming off a bye week.
    4 - The Giants will be tired.
    I'm feeling rough and it's a combination of air and water...

Giants for me.

Comment

He's reveling in the "Aints, but nary a word about that other team from

Texas,

Giants still look like the team to beat in NFC
      Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

Saints is who I'd pick to win this game. Not only because they're my #2 team (I have to take the Bears as #1... I'm obligated as a Chicagoan), but because Drew Brees is a better QB than Eli Manning and has more offensive weapons (though NYG's Manningham and Smith are nothing to sneeze at). The Giants defense is pretty good, but Naw'lins D is underrated, as seen in their two touchdowns against the Jets. Due to the fact that it is a home game as well, I have to choose the Saints. It'll be an awesome game though.

Comment

The Cowboys will make the play offs due to their defense, their schedule and a bit of luck but that only applies if the Eagles don't find their form.

The winner of the Saints/Giants game will more than likely be favourites for NFC representation at the big dance.

Colts, then Broncos (great D) then Ravens in the AFC...

Comment

WAAAAAAAY too early to think this is for the #1 seed in the NFC. I am telling you folks, every year a couple of teams start out like King kong and then they fizzle out......I remember last season people were actually asking what the heck will the NFL do if BOTH the Jets and Giants get home field for their respective Championship games. How did that work out???
            Be careful out there!

Comment

(BlueBallz @ Oct. 06 2009,05:26) WAAAAAAAY too early to think this is for the #1 seed in the NFC...
              So you're saying those girly Giants will fold and die own the stretch, eh?

Yep - You're probably right!

Comment

Giants will win this game by a hefty margin. The Saints have been given an easy schedule early in the season ever since Katrina. The NFL is going out of its way to see that the Saints survive in New Orleans. They will be lucky to finish the season with 9 wins total, missing the playoffs. I am not a Saints fan.

Comment

I can't wait to quote this post over and over during the season!

Comment

Sorry RN but I think the Giants will knock off the Saints...the Gints D is too tough

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
                    ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

(pure @ Oct. 08 2009,05:23) Giants will win this game by a hefty margin. The Saints have been given an easy schedule early in the season ever since Katrina. The NFL is going out of its way to see that the Saints survive in New Orleans. They will be lucky to finish the season with 9 wins total, missing the playoffs. I am not a Saints fan.
                      Implying soundly beating the Eagles and the Jets means an "easy schedule."

Comment

Not to mention his brilliant suggestion that The Saints schedule was made easy this year because of some bad weather they had there a few years ago! Priceless!  

But back to the reality of the situation...

The intangibles favour The Saints even if they aren't as good as The Giants. This about evens them up, I'd say... at least for this week.

If The Saints were playing away I'd think differently.

On the other hand I'm a believer that it's hard to beat a team twice in a season, so if the Saints lose this contest they will be better placed for the 'rematch' later in the playoffs.

Here's a thought...

If I were a Saints coach I would think that this might be a good game to throw.

Say what? I hear you cry...

This is the toughest game of the year for The Saints and it may be worth staying healthy and losing to The Giants to face the rest of their opponents down the stretch.

The Saints are winning the battle of public opinion...  
                        Attached Files

Comment

Saints are early favourites...
                          Attached Files

Comment

But the crowd loves The Giants...
                            Attached Files

Comment

(rusty nail @ Oct. 07 2009,19:49) On the other hand I'm a believer that it's hard to beat a team twice in a season
                              This is the type of stuff that sportswriters and commentators love to say.

But let's look at it.

Yes, right at this moment, assuming the Giants and Saints play twice, and assuming the teams are evenly matched, it is unlikely the Saints will beat the Giants twice.

It is also unlikely that the Giants will win twice.

Also unlikely that the Giants will win the first game and lose the second.

Or that the Saints will win the first and lose the second.

The chance of one of the teams winning twice should be morer or less equal to a 50-50 split. Chance of GG or SS should be about the same as GS or SG.

GG,SS,GS,and SG all have a probabilty of approx 25%.

Though Vegas thinks there is a somewhat greater chance of SS or SG than GG or GS given that S is a 3 point favorite.

Yes, the second time around is different. But I don't see how the original loser actually has an advantage whether baseball, football, basketball, or hockey.

Comment

Working...
                              X