Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smuttley has it right...the Giants defense will stop the Saints offense...the outcome will be close but I think the Giants will win this game and also the rematch.

Comment

I have to support my good friend PD and his Giants. After they win, that way we can sit around and drink some toasts to their victory. Your prize from me PD, after the Giants slaughter the Saints, I'll buy you a 3 scooper ice cream at the little place across from Kiss.

I wonder if ASN will show them 3 weeks in a row though. The idiots who choose the games for ASN decided on two yawners the past two weeks as they showed both the Giants/KC and Giants/Oakland, over much more competitive games. It would fit their modus operandi if they bypass this game, since they like to pick big point spread contests.
      “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
      ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

12 hours ~ Geaux Saints!
        I'm feeling rough and it's a combination of air and water...

Comment

(Lefty @ Oct. 17 2009,18:52) I wonder if ASN will show them 3 weeks in a row
          The answer is YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS as Marv Albert, lover of transexual prostitutes would say.

Comment

Seven hours to go and this is how the game will unfold.

The Giants will be up early and The Saints will play catch up all day. They will get close in the fourth quarter but a mistake will allow The Giants to take the game.

Peyton has NEVER won a Saints game after a bye week!

Final - Giants 27 Saints 24

I hope I'm wrong!

Comment

The excitement builds!

From Broadway to Bourbon Street bars will be buzzing.

Comment

Yep... 90 minutes...

Comment

(Bicycle Pump! @ Oct. 18 2009,22:33) Yep... 90 minutes...
                  heh, one of the very few advantages to living in east coast america; I just woke up and only have 30 mins to go!

Giants aren't 100% .....Manning is kinda hurt for this one, may not look like his usual self [which to me was always just a step above average]; Saints have something to prove and will come out on top, 31-20.
                  Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Hank Gola picks the Saints but PigDogg says the Jints D will prevail.

GIANTS AT SAINTS, At Superdome, 1 p.m.VITALS
                    THE LINE: Saints by 3

TV: Ch. 5 (Thom Brennaman, Troy Aikman)

RADIO: WFAN-660 AM (Bob Papa, Carl Banks), Nationwide on Westwood One (Howard David, Dan Reeves).

FORECAST: Dome weather.

INJURY IMPACT
                    Ahmad Bradshaw rested his ankle/foot injury again this week but will play. S C.C. Brown is nursing a shoulder injury and TE Kevin Boss a knee injury. The continued absence of LB Michael Boley could affect the Giants' ability to cover old friend Jeremy Shockey, who will be fired up for this one. Saints LT Jermon Bushrod could return after missing the Jets game with a foot injury, which is key considering Osi Umenyiora is on that side. RG Jahri Evans, who has started 52 straight games, is hobbled with a turf toe.

FEATURE MATCHUP
                    QB Eli Manning vs. FS Darren Sharper: Sharper was a Manning nemesis when he was on the Vikings, with four INTs and two TD returns. He claimed he could read Manning's eyes. The ball hawk already has five INTs, two for scores, this year, including one for 99 yards against Jets QB Mark Sanchez. Manning, who returns to his hometown for the first time, must be careful to move Sharper with his eyes and be patient enough to check down rather than challenge the DB on risky throws downfield.

WR Marques Colston vs. CB Corey Webster: The Giants' often-patchwork secondary has been outstanding but it hasn't faced a passing attack like this. Drew Brees' accuracy allows him to make use of Colston's size advantage because he can put the ball in spots where the 6-4 receiver can get it. Webster can be a shutdown corner and he's physical enough to bother Colston, who doesn't escape jams well. Shutting down Colston won't be enough, however, since Brees has a full array of weapons and can attack every level.

SCOUT SAYS
                    "The Saints' offense had two off-weeks before the bye and will have to get back in synch against this defense, which can take over games. In general, though, they have really improved against physical teams because of the balance they have between run and pass. You can expect a lot of counter-action and screens to keep the Giants off-balance. The Saints are getting good pressure off the edges with Charles Grant and Will Smith. Eli (Manning) does a great job of buying time in the pocket but we don't know if his mobility is in any way still limited from that (foot) injury."

INTANGIBLES
                    The Saints are coming off a bye following their showdown win against the Jets. They're home and they've played a far tougher schedule. The Giants have been up against creampuffs on a weekly basis. Is there a wider gap than the one between JaMarcus Russell and Brees? Still, it's hard to ignore how good the Giants have been on the road. They are a veteran club that has more experience in big games and they always seem to rise to the occasion as infrequent underdogs. The Saints, who have yet to trail in a game all year, are 0-3 under Sean Payton when coming off a bye.

PREDICTION
                    SAINTS 27-20: Neither team is going unbeaten this year but we'll go with the spread offense on a fast track. - Hank Gola

Comment

Ten minutes to go. I keep going to the toilet, my stomach thinks I'm on a first date or something...

Oh God at least don't lose big! Better still - throw the game and stay healthy...

Being a Saints fan sucks 16 times a year... some times more!

Comment

First blood to NO - I can hardly type - my hands are trembling so much.

You think I'm crazy? 20 years ago I couldn't even sit down during a game!

Comment

Brees with 2 TD tosses in the 1st qtr.......damn I should have kept him on my fantasy team

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
                          ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

14 - 0 SAINTS! It won't last. We'll screw it up!

Comment

20 - 3...  

Comment

20-10

big roughing call keeps Giant drive alive and voids a Darren Sharper pick 6

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
                                ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

Working...
                                X