X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best heavyweight ever - easy.

Big Aggy down our local chip shop. You wouldn't wanna be on the receiving end of her left hook if you gave 10p short on the cost of a fish supper. Yikes.
    A friend in need is a f**king pest

Comment

What about Sally from sally's bar ,soi 5 Jomtien.I wouldn't like to get a dig from Sal,the heavyweight champion of ladyboys

Comment

Ah yes, but would you fight her, if she wanted you to fuck her
        Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

(benjy @ May 31 2010,19:49) and all this determines who the greatest heavyweight boxer was.....how?
           also!!

This started out as a boxing thread and ended up discussing everything everything ELSE under the sun!

suggestion; at this point, merge all this garbage with "totally pointless'' thread??

It would fit right in!!  
          Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

(benjy @ May 31 2010,19:49) and all this determines who the greatest heavyweight boxer was.....how?
            This is your first post in the thread. Why don't you do something proactive to get it back on track by offering your opinion of the best heavyweight, rather than complaining the thread has meandered off track?
            “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(JaiDee @ Jun. 02 2010,17:57)
               also!!

This started out as a boxing thread and ended up discussing everything everything ELSE under the sun!

suggestion; at this point, merge all this garbage with "totally pointless'' thread??

It would fit right in!!  
              It's your thread so I guess you can post what you want, but who made the first extensive post bringing greatest basketball player into it? I think that was you. Then you lament the fact the thread has not stuck to just boxing?
              ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

and benjy's post had a " " on the end of it too

Well, I guess in truth it's not a subject/topic that could go on for all that long anyway...there are what ? 5 or so guys in the frame as best ever ? 5 pages is a pretty good effort IMO
                Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

(Lefty @ Jun. 02 2010,20:07) but who made the first extensive post bringing greatest basketball player into it? I think that was you.  
                  Nope, it was Thaibound mentioning Jordan....I followed up and agreed.

before that it was boxing -only

ya' wanna fight about it Lefty??

Comment

how do you judge the best?best of the era,best record,greatest longevity at the top...how?
                    I think Clay/young Ali was the best heavyweight ever,because of his amazing athleticism,boxing skills,ability to take a punch+courage.Ali,to me looked like a bigger version of other weight(welter,middle) greats,whereas virtually no other heavywight champion has.
                    benjy

Comment

In this case, and with so many things on this message board, we are probably just looking for your opinions; no one can say BEST for sure, as so many people have held the crown over the years and there have been so many good ones.

I'd say Ali also, despite his faults he had the most skill in the ring, bottom line.

Comment

(JaiDee @ Jun. 02 2010,22:17)   I'd say Ali also, despite his faults he had the most skill in the ring, bottom line.
                        Perhaps there is another thread in there...heavyweights of the Forum with the most skill in the ring

OK,
                        Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

(JaiDee @ Jun. 02 2010,22:02)
                          (Lefty @ Jun. 02 2010,20:07) but who made the first extensive post bringing greatest basketball player into it? I think that was you.  
                          Nope, it was Thaibound mentioning Jordan....I followed up and agreed.

before that it was boxing -only

ya' wanna fight about it Lefty??    
                          I agree, Thaibound mentioned the name Jordan. But that one word was all he said. I believe you expounded on it quite a bit, which is fine by me. However it seems kind of contradictory to then later lament the fact the thread wandered off the original topic.

No, I really do not care to fight. Especially you. One of my very favorite people I've met in relation to my Thailand/lb travels and adventures. I'm more of a lover than a fighter. You want to make love about it?
                          ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

I've long believed that Rocky Marciano, by virtue of being the only undefeated heavyweight champion deserves to be considered the best. Same as the undefeated Miami Dolphins were the best team ever.

The more I think about it, Joe Louis perhaps did something even more noteworthy. He probably has the record for longest tenure as heavyweight champ. I think it was 12 straight years. That is pretty impressive. I think too he deserves special bonus points for royally pissing off Adolf Hitler, by being a Negro who defeated the best his master race had to offer.

I just looked it up and Louis was about 4 months shy of 12 yrs in a row. The 2nd longest reigning heavyweight was Jack Dempsey at just over 7 yrs. In recent decades they seem to change more often than the weather.
                            ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

(travis bickle @ May 29 2010,10:34) [
                              quote=BlueBallz,May 28 2010,20:25]That Cus DAmato bullshit is just that-pure 100% unalduterated media bullshit fables. I know I know some of the people VERY clsoe to that situation. Tell me who was Tysons first real trainer?? Anyone that says (or thought) Kevin Rooney doesnt know dick!

In the boxing biz we call Tyson the classic "front runner" i.e. superman when things are going good but falls apart when faced with adversity. He was/is a bully and ALWAYS had a lot of dog in him. Holyfield beats him EVERY TIME. You know why? Holyfield wasnt intimidated/scared of him. He could take his best shot and come back firing. When you do that to a bully they fall apart and want to be your best friend.

Tyson a GREAT fighter = MYTH!!! Ali would have beaten him every time as well. He could take a punch and was much too strong mentally for Tyson.[/quote]
                              BB-seek out "mike tyson -the movie".-Watch it,and see if it changes your perspective on Tyson.
                              I too had him down as a mindless thug and bully,but the film was a revelation to me,and made me look on Mr T in a different light.
                              I'm not saying he was the greatest ever,but handled differently,with good people around him,he would have been on anyones shortlist for the greatest ever.
                              BTW ,who is your greatest ever footballer(not that dumbass gridiron ffs)?

Was that the "documentary/movie" made within the last couple of years where they basically interview Tyson and he recalls his carreer? If so, I have seen it but didnt change my mind about him. IMHO he is a mindless thug and a bully. When Douglas kicked his ass, the sheen of invulnearabilty was stripped away. He still was successful after that but he wasnt the same by a longshot.

Greatest footballer?? now that could be another thread. I am actually touched that you asked and no I am not being sarcastic. I had to chucke when JD said Pele!!! I have to pick Pele. I saw him play A LOT and even a few times in person. Although he was at the tail end of his greatness you could see what he was about. He had brillaint vision, was so smart and always seemed to ave a lot of time on the ball. Remember this was when he was actually past his best. Seeing some documentaries about his footballing life he must have been somethignin his prime. He was a 3 time World Champion although I think he onyl play one match in Chile in 62.

You know Franz Beckenbauer was a special player as well. He was smooth as silk and total class.

I ahve seen Maradonna play a few times in person as well. Whle I cannot stans his act, he was a footballing genius-on the pitch that is.

Nowadays I think you have to say Messi. So young but so gifted and devastating. Only time will tell how high he might be ranked....
                              Be careful out there!

Comment

About tyson and pre prison v post prison, I dont agree. Douglas kicked the shit out of him BEFORE he went to the joint. He was NEVER the same after that because a) he took a beating, b) he was exposed for the bully that he was/is c) he was shown that he wasnt Superman. Thats why Holyfield would beat him EVERY TIME!! Holyfield was in line to fight Tyson after Douglas and I thought NO WAY Holyfield would win. The first time they fought, Holyfield was a HUGE underdog.

You might think Tyson was railroaded in INdy when he got sent down for rape. In my mind, I have no doubt he raped that girl. He had exhibited violent behavior and agressiveness towards women in the past. Tyson was/is a violent dude. I dont know why but Don King really screwed the pooch in this case. You would think he would have wanted to protect his "investment". Did you know the guy that defended Tyson in court was a fucking TAX ATTORNEY?? Yep and it was Don Kings choice. Why?? i have no fucking clue. At his trial Tyson testified in his own defense and he didnt come off well at all. Thats a BIG reason he got sent down.

Tyson was an incredibly fresh, exciting fighter who did well to restore a lot of popularity to boxing. He cleaned up/out the heaveywieght division and was on top of the world. I remember he was starting to get TONS of product endorsement and the general public liked him. His fights were events. It didnt matter whom he fought. He was the man. Then he split form the people who got him there. Robin Givens and her Mom got their meat hooks into him and then Don King came along.

Whats was Tyson all about? Someone once asked him what was the best punch he ever threw?? He chcukled and actually told a story how he hit his wife (Givens) so hard she bounced around the room. Go figure.....
                                Be careful out there!

Comment

Working...
                                X