Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(BlueBallz @ May 28 2010,20:25) That Cus DAmato bullshit is just that-pure 100% unalduterated media bullshit fables.  I know I know some of the people VERY clsoe to that situation.  Tell me who was Tysons first real trainer??  Anyone that says (or thought) Kevin Rooney doesnt know dick!

In the boxing biz we call Tyson the classic "front runner" i.e. superman when things are going good but falls apart when faced with adversity.  He was/is a bully and ALWAYS had a lot of dog in him.  Holyfield beats him EVERY TIME.  You know why?  Holyfield wasnt intimidated/scared of him.  He could take his best shot and come back firing.  When you do that to a bully they fall apart and want to be your best friend.

Tyson a GREAT fighter = MYTH!!!  Ali would have beaten him every time as well.  He could take a punch and was much too strong mentally for Tyson.
    BB-seek out "mike tyson -the movie".-Watch it,and see if it changes your perspective on Tyson.
    I too had him down as a mindless thug and bully,but the film was a revelation to me,and made me look on Mr T in a different light.
    I'm not saying he was the greatest ever,but handled differently,with good people around him,he would have been on anyones shortlist for the greatest ever.
    BTW ,who is your greatest ever footballer(not that dumbass gridiron ffs)?

Comment

Pele!!

I think

He's the only one us Yanks know of...... except of course for that lunatic BB
      Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

(travis bickle @ May 29 2010,10:34)
        (BlueBallz @ May 28 2010,20:25) That Cus DAmato bullshit is just that-pure 100% unalduterated media bullshit fables.  I know I know some of the people VERY clsoe to that situation.  Tell me who was Tysons first real trainer??  Anyone that says (or thought) Kevin Rooney doesnt know dick!

In the boxing biz we call Tyson the classic "front runner" i.e. superman when things are going good but falls apart when faced with adversity.  He was/is a bully and ALWAYS had a lot of dog in him.  Holyfield beats him EVERY TIME.  You know why?  Holyfield wasnt intimidated/scared of him.  He could take his best shot and come back firing.  When you do that to a bully they fall apart and want to be your best friend.

Tyson a GREAT fighter = MYTH!!!  Ali would have beaten him every time as well.  He could take a punch and was much too strong mentally for Tyson.
        BB-seek out "mike tyson -the movie".-Watch it,and see if it changes your perspective on Tyson.
        I too had him down as a mindless thug and bully,but the film was a revelation to me,and made me look on Mr T in a different light.
        I'm not saying he was the greatest ever,but handled differently,with good people around him,he would have been on anyones shortlist for the greatest ever.
        BTW ,who is your greatest ever footballer(not that dumbass gridiron ffs)?
        The Tyson before prison was an entirely different fighter than the Tyson after prison. The time in prison was on trumped up bullshit charges by the way, and he got railroaded. No one here will ever convince me different. Boxing expert or otherwise.
        “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(JaiDee @ May 29 2010,15:47)

Pele!!

I think    

He's the only one us Yanks know of...... except of course for that lunatic  BB
          Maradona was good, Pele was great, George Best was best.

I could be accused of being biased, but George Best was without doubt the best football player ever.

He has had an airport named after him, his face printed on money and was refered to as the fifth beattle.
          I know you still read here, checking my every post like the psychotic stalker that you are

I lay there in bed thinking to myself, am I gay and then Lusi rammed her cock in my mouth and I thought, who cares this is fantastic!!!

Comment

(whore @ May 29 2010,21:54) He has had an airport named after him, his face printed on money and was refered to as the fifth beattle.
            As much as I loved Georgie, I still think Nixon deserved better. Even though he never played 'football'.

Now, Ollie Reed... That was some Boxer
            Attached Files
            Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

(Lefty @ May 29 2010,20:52) The Tyson before prison was an entirely different fighter than the Tyson after prison. The time in prison was on trumped up bullshit charges by the way, and he got railroaded. No one here will ever convince me different. Boxing expert or otherwise.
              I agree.BTW-why didnt iron mike get the same lawyer that OJ SImpson used.What did desiree washington think she was going to do when she went over to Tyson's hotel at 3 o clock in the morning?Make fairy cakes??

BTW WHORE--I saw George Best play football ,week in ,week out,and he wasn't the greatest ever player in the world,maybe not even United's greatest ever.

Jai Dee-"pele"is always what yanks say ,because that's the only footballer they know,but the real afficianados know otherwise.He was double good tho'.

Comment

Vincent Bugliosi wrote a very compelling article on the Tyson trial, and describing how it was basically a kangaroo court. He gave convincing reasons on why Tyson deserved an acquittal. To me, that entire incident because of the prison term, ruined his career.
                ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

"Likeable" guys like OJ will do better with juries than guys like Tyson.

Comment

(PigDogg @ May 30 2010,12:47) "Likeable" guys like OJ will do better with juries than guys like Tyson.
                    good point.But isn't a trial about the evidence presented,regardless of the "likeability"of the accused.The jury at the OJ trial was handpicked ,the prosecution inept,the judge a joke,the evidence shoddy-it was a political show trial in a way with only one acceptable outcome. Perhaps,it was payback for the aquital of the police in the Rodney King trial.

Comment

(travis bickle @ May 30 2010,21:55) The jury at the OJ trial was handpicked
                      In the States mate, the jury is always selected by the opposing attorneys in a criminal proceeding...It is referred to as voir dire...
                      "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(kahuna @ May 30 2010,23:40)
                        (travis bickle @ May 30 2010,21:55) The jury at the OJ trial was handpicked
                        In the States mate, the jury is always selected by the opposing attorneys in a criminal proceeding...It is referred to as voir dire...
                        In the UK also,the opposing barristers can omit candidates for the jury, sometimes based on looks alone.As I recall however,the OJ jury was under intense scrutiny well before the trial,moreso than any other trial-thats why I said "hand picked".Weren't the jury all black? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Comment

Not all black but close..."The jury consisted of 8 blacks, 2 Hispanics, 1 half-Caucasian, half Native American, and 1 Caucasian female."
                          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Seems like most if not all the blacks were women too. According to Bugliosi, who also wrote a good article on the OJ trial, the defense expected the mindset of the black females to be negative beforehand toward a white woman who had taken one of their men. Something along those lines anyway. It's been years since I read the article. Bugliosi was also extremely critical of the prosecuting attorneys, and their decision to not present certain evidence that he felt would have built a stronger case against OJ.

Anyone with at least half a brain knows OJ did it. He is nothing but a no good murdering scum and deserves to rot in jail.
                            ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

and all this determines who the greatest heavyweight boxer was.....how?
                              benjy

Comment

Let's get this back on topic guys

Ruben 'Hurricane' Carter had an all white jury. Dylan said so  

Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

Working...
                                X