X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but there are many better machines that would for the same price range
    Find me a portable computer with a 7 inch screen for the same price with the same features and I'll back down.

Till then fuck off before I just delete you!

Comment

(stogie bear @ Feb. 24 2008,10:17)
      but there are many better machines that would for the same price range
      Find me a portable computer with a 7 inch screen for the same price with the same features and I'll back down.

Till then fuck off before I just delete you!
      Wow someone offers an opinion which either does not match yours or make you look a little foolish and you threaten to delete them. Is this typical of the way you deal with these situations?

If you do not want opinions other than your own then maybe you should create a blog diary rather than a forum

Comment

(dicktator @ Feb. 24 2008,11:55) If you do not want opinions other than your own then maybe you should create a blog diary rather than a forum  
        It it isn't ypur opinion of the machine that irks us...it's your opinion of those of us who bought one...

When you fuck with the bull, you get the horn...

I am using mine now and all I had to add was a P300U moden to get oline when I am in Isaanville...

It's great little machine and everyone who see it wants one...
        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

or make you look a little foolish...
          You ain't equipped with the smarts to make me look foolish!

You bought one of these things and it didn't jerk you off. Well cry about it someplace else.

Another loser with a chip bigger than his shoulder doesn't get when to quit.

Comment

(kahuna @ Feb. 24 2008,12:47)
            (dicktator @ Feb. 24 2008,11:55) If you do not want opinions other than your own then maybe you should create a blog diary rather than a forum
            It it isn't ypur opinion of the machine that irks us...it's your opinion of those of us who bought one...

When you fuck with the bull, you get the horn...

I am using mine now and all I had to add was a P300U moden to get oline when I am in Isaanville...

It's great little machine and everyone who see it wants one...
            I don't have an opinion of those who bought one only an opinion on the device itself.

Maybe everyone who sees one wants one but nearly everyone who used one wants to throw it away.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Feb. 24 2008,13:02)
              or make you look a little foolish...
              You ain't equipped with the smarts to make me look foolish!

You bought one of these things and it didn't jerk you off. Well cry about it someplace else.

Another loser with a chip bigger than his shoulder doesn't get when to quit.
              Talk about an ego. Would you like a medal or a chest to pin it on.

BTW I was never stupid enough to buy one.

Comment

I am sure there are plenty of people who will find it useful, but nfor podgy fingered me it was too small and didnt like to scroll left to right to view my emails.

We all have differing opinons - lets leave it at that...
                seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

I don't have an opinion of those who bought one...
                  Again, you are struggling with the truth... Didn't you say that buyers were "sucked in by the hype"?

That doesn't sound to me like a review of the machine but more an assessment of the buyer!

You still haven't come up with a comparable machine with a similar screen size for 200 quid...

As so often mentioned in this thread... this machine won't replace your main computer. I wasn't ever intended to. And if you have 'podgy fingers' then you'll struggle with the small keyboard for a while.

The factories making this computer can't make them fast enough. Reviews have been generally approving and most people who buy one have given a high approval rating.

If it's not for you then that's fine. But bashing the people (and then denying it) sounds a bit screwball to me especially if (as you admit) you've never actually had one!

Comment

EEE PC's are on sale in Germany too. And I got one on the first day!

As Stogie says it is not suitable to replace your PC or even your regular notebook.

But it's the tiny unit that you can use when you do not want to carry a notebook. I have it constantly with me (fits in every bag, it's only like a medium size envelope or a paperback) when I do not need my laptop computer.

It starts within seconds, so I can write even on short trips by train or plane. Or within every break or waiting time. If WiFi is availabe I can even check my E-Mail. And I am only talking about situations where I would not open my laptop.

I really look forward having the EEE PC with me in LOS.

PS. I also changed to Windows XP. With a 8 GB SD-Card there's enough storage for me, but I have to confess I am not a multimedia freak.

Comment

• I bought three of them in Bangkok and brought them home for my kids.....each cost 11600 baht. One of the kids already had a laptop so I sold it on ebat for £232 sterling

Comment

• (paddy72 @ Feb. 25 2008,01:44) One of the kids already had a laptop so I sold it on ebat for £232 sterling
                        The laptop?

The ASUS?

or the kid.....?

Sorry but my mind works in strange ways.

I've made kathylc  

Comment

• I've been lucky enough to get hold of an 8G eee and, after messing around trimming down XP (google nLite if you're technically inclined), have managed to limit windows to just under 1G.

While my vaio 13'' is still first choice, the eee is very practical for mobile use, be it in Europe or, very soon Thailand.

By the way, the eee although having a 900 Mhz processor, actually is throttled to run at 630 Mhz. Some clever bugger has found a nice easy way to work around this, and written a little program called eeectl. Running at 900 Mhz does drain the battery faster, but also gives better performance and internet speed.

Loads more eee trivia at http://eeeuser.com

Comment

Working...
                          X