X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manila - Makati: Shampoo Bar

A couple of nights ago I spent some hours at the Shampoo Bar - the new Ladyboy-only bar on P. Burgos Street in Makati.

By way of background, I am a semi-frequent visitor to Manila for business, staying at the Makati Shangri-la. I am usually here with either colleagues or people I do business with (usually other Hong Kong based folks).

While here we occasionally shuttle down to P. Burgos for some games of pool at the Heckle-Jeckle bar, and to stop into a few of the bars on the strip. (Bottoms up is the favorite girl bar - one of the mamas "Mari" is a very sweet gal, and the massage ladies give an incredible back rub. these Massage ladies are older and built a bit like linebackers, so not to be confused with other types of "massage girls". They are in the bar to give backrubs only.)

Everyone I work with, even our local business partners are aware of my preference in "ladies" (including my long term relationship with a beautiful Thai gal), but I am more than happy to head out for a boys night with my mates.

Having read on this forum recently the possibility of a new LB bar, I was determined make a showing.

With me on this trip was a business partner in the same field as I, who is also a good friend. After dinner and a few games of pool at H & J, we sauntered over to Shampoo.

The interior is identical to most other Burgos bars, and has only 6 weeks ago been converted to an LB-only spot from a typical lady bar.

After sitting down and ordering a couple of San Miquel's, we were approached by the mama-san, Mimi. Mimi immediately made sure we knew we were in an LB bar, and we confirmed that yes, that is why we came.

Mama Mimi gets very hi marks as a hostess. She will answer any questions you may have and is overall a very sweet gal.

The girls in the bar are split between GROs and dancers. the GROs are there at opening, will rotate on the dance floor during regular hours and will be available for chats with the customers and barfines. The dancers are generally not in sight until their first show at 11 pm (subsequent shows at 1:30 and 3:00am) but after the show they are also available for drinks or barfines. I understand that the dancer group (which also includes two guys) may also dance at one or other of the regular lady bars at different points in the night.

In all, GROs and dancers, about 20 girls work in Shampoo. The level of talent is below what you find in BKK bars, but it is of course early days. This seems a bit like a ground breaking project for the Philippines, and for Burgos. It is very difficult to compare this to Obs/Cascades even just owing to the relative difference in number of girls on offer. There is a mix of femme-boys, average ladyboys and girls who have had a lot of silicone work done. I will avoid the Thai-vs-Phil ladyboy debate, but in general all the girls there were very nice, and there were some decent lookers. They were all doing their best to make it a welcoming and fun place. There were not any aggressive attitudes.

After about an hour and a half, we went to Bottoms up club for a while and then came back for the 11pm show. Not wildly interesting.

The bar is owned by group of foreign guys who own a majority of the bars in the area, so it may have some life-span to it.

There where a total of 3 other BMs there while we we in Shampoo, but it was a Monday.

I didn't barfine anyone, so unfortunately no exciting ending to this post! Barfines by the way are at the Burgos level of 3500 pesos. (this is a lot more than BKK, about $60)

In summary, if you are in Makati/Manila you should definitely swing by. I had an enjoyable time, and the only way that a spot like this will improve or even stick around is for folks like us to provide patronage and buy a few drinks.

On a final note, in my trip to and from Burgos (which is a short 5 min ride from Makati Shang) I did notice a larger than usual LB presence on the streets.
    just a regular joe

bangui, thanks very much for reporting on this new lb bar in Manila.

There haven't been very many dedicated lb bars in the Philippines and it will be interesting to see how it works out.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Great report...

A $60 bar fine may prove a deal breaker for many seeing as you don't know what you are getting for that wad of cash...

How are the drink prices?

If you were going to guess, what would be the range of ST and/or LT prices?

Comment

Burgos is a different place - I think they really cater to the japanese/korean/business exec crowd and all the bars keep the bar fines at a level much higher than they should be. But then again they get a way with it so good on them.

If my memory serves correctly drink prices are about $3 bucks for a guy drink, maybe twice that for girl drinks.

ST/LT prices are not much more than BKK, I would say $25 to $100 (ok, maybe higher than a baht 500 quickie!). I think the levels here are more negotiable then in BKK, where you can fall back on a market related standard. However, as always pay for what you get...

BTW, Stogie, not sure if you know my forum name, but I am David, who comes into Guess every month or so with Nong for pool, and hopefully a pool tournament!

Stay well...
        just a regular joe

Comment

I really loved the place. Great variety of girls from post ops to femboys. They are licensed and subject to inspection so drug and disease free, much safer than the street walkers. Are instructed not to get possessive. Wonderful mama-san who makes sure the customer's needs are met.

Here are some photos.
          Attached Files

Comment

and another...
            Attached Files

Comment

and another...
              Attached Files

Comment

and another....
                Attached Files

Comment

last one...
                  Attached Files

Comment

I heard that there's a LB bar in Malate...does anyone have any details on this?

Comment

in malate there is Mr Lady- thats a caberet type show and then the girls come and sit with u and talk shit and ask for drinks, its worth a visit, dunno if they are p4p, i would guess some are. its not far from the circle, maybe adriatico street?

jtatis: thanks for posting the pics (and confirming manila isn't worth a visit for bar girls )

Comment

Shampoo Bar?

Damn, i can not go there... because i have a shaved Bald...

I look like this one:

Comment

thanks for this info!
                          will check it out next time- definately a few do-able ones in the pics....

Comment

Ive visited this place last week and it it truly a nice atmosphere and very welcoming bar

Comment

..thanks for the pics jtatis, they look much better than bangui's description of them, not bad at all & much better than u will see in Angeles City..  I think if we can get the word out & they can get more business they may attract even more of the better looking ladyboys that are available to work there..  I will say the 3500 peso BF seems a bit high for Manila, maybe not for that area but it's way above the avg., your best bet is to have them hook up after work, I would think they would go for an all-niter for much less, say around 2000/2500, I don't see any superstars yet that could name their own price..

..xcept for Joy..she could, but she's not into the P4P scene yet..    
                              Attached Files
                              .. I'm not young enough to know everything, and not old enough to have done everything..

Comment

Working...
                              X