Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The music in Guess Bar poll - Please vote!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pretty eclectic mix there Deepthroat , thanks for posting it .

From uplifting tunes, to tunes that make you want to put the rope up over the beam
    Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

• VOLUME 1: No-Man / Rush / Marillion / Dishwalla / Foreigner / Darryl Hall with Robert Fripp / Supertramp / The Eagles / Blackfield / Alan Parsons Project / Evanescence / Sarah McLachlan / Tori Amos

VOLUME 2: Black Sabbath / Pink Floyd / Foreigner / Spock's Beard / Tears For Fears / Marillion / Vanden Plas / Evanescence / Tori Amos / Porcupine Tree / The Beach Boys

VOLUME 3: Alice Cooper / The Beatles / Kula Shaker / Talk Talk / Dishwalla / Boston / Trace Adkins / John Elefante / Tangerine Dream / Seal / Good Charlotte / Tony Banks

VOLUME 4: Dishwalla / TLC / Radiohead / Mike Oldfield / Kansas / Elton John / Porcupine Tree / Supertramp / Marillion / Midnight Oil / Sylvan / Neil Young

VOLUME 5: Electric Light Orchestra / Midnight Oil / Tears For Fears / Mike Oldfield / Aimee Mann / Porcupine Tree / Journey / King Crimson / Craig Armstrong / Massive Attack / Icehouse / Radiohead / The Urbane / David Gilmour / The Beatles / Badfinger

VOLUME 6: Tears For Fears / Elton John / Kerry Livgren / Porcupine Tree / John Elefante / Dishwalla / Transatlantic / Pink Floyd / Peter Gabriel / Nic Raine / Tori Amos / Arena
      are u a prog rocker ?

Comment

• porcupine tree are awesome, very prog, good to see radiohead in there too

Comment

• I prefer German Marschmusik... so Im get it....

or

Leonard Cohen...

Dieter
          Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

• Where you been hiding Dieter? or shouldn't I ask

Happy New Year mate
            Your got yer Mother in a whirl
            Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

• Yes, I'm a progger at heart. Porcupine Tree verges on metal but I love the melody and production. And tell Nang Faa she has great taste... Marillion have been my major musical love for the past 20 years. Porcupine Tree is probably eclipsing them now but they/he doesn't have the body of work behind him just yet.

I'll be happy to bring a set for you PacMan, just let me know which bar to leave it in for you. My itinerary is: BKK Jan 29-31, Phuket Feb 1-4, Patts Feb. 5-17, BKK Feb 18.

And no, the songs were rather rapidly/randomly compiled, so I just quickly threw 5 or 6 of my favorite Marillion tracks on them. I'll actually bring a couple of Marillion compilations as well for you that have a better sampling of their wares.

I hope I'll get to meet Nang Faa - living in the USA I rarely get to speak to a fellow Marillion enthusiast in person. I usually have to travel to their shows in Europe to have that pleasure.
              Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

• (deepthroat @ Jan. 03 2009,17:15) living in the USA I rarely get to speak to a fellow Marillion enthusiast in person. I usually have to travel to their shows in Europe to have that pleasure.
                And there's me thinking all the worlds weirdos lived in the USA , Europe must have its fair share too

I'd sooner beat my own cock wafer thin with a baseball bat than listen to Marillion

Comment

• (jimslim @ Jan. 03 2009,20:44) I'd sooner beat my own cock wafer thin with a baseball bat than listen to Marillion  
                  And Genesis

Hope Glasvegas brilliant debut cd makes it to GB soon.
                  Great working class rockn rolla from Glasgow.
                  "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

• (deepthroat @ Jan. 03 2009,17:15) I'll be happy to bring a set for you PacMan,

Yaaaay!!!   .....payola at last      

Pay no attention to jim & sev7en, deepthroat, what would they know??

This'll be my first new music since I lashed out for "The Chipmonks sing Elvis"   ...now there's an album      
                    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

• Jim, I'm disappointed in you. I'd think with "Easter" being a lovely ballad about your beloved homeland you'd show a bit more respect. Sheesh. I'll chock it up to the fact that you've probably not heard anything they've done in the past 10 years and we'll put this little incident behind us.

Sev7en, I'd assumed you couldn't operate a CD player without assistance or adult supervision. Good on you mate!

Comment

• We'll agree to disagree on Marillion , I was never a fan , if you like Massive Attack you must have taste  

Rush , Floyd and the Beatles now yer whistling dixie  

Comment

• (deepthroat @ Jan. 04 2009,01:06) Sev7en, I'd assumed you couldn't operate a CD player without assistance or adult supervision. Good on you mate!
                          No, can not. Maybe you can start a thread on how to operate one?
                          "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

• I have the neighbor come over and help me, I'll see if she'll help me write up the steps...

Comment

• On the subject of music in Guess isn't it amazing how just out of the blue you hear something you don't expect to hear in the most unexpected place

A few months ago I recall reclining on the sofa with a certain lovely , the usual background music playing , then out of nowhere - "Cowgirl in the sand " followed by "Down by the river " by Neil Young .

It set the mood I can tell you , I don't know if it was the music , the ladyboy or a bit of both .

My complements to the DJ whoever he my be

Comment

Working...
                              X