Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(newatthis @ Jan. 06 2009,12:23) You would think and ATM inside a mall would be safe but maybe not.
    It's not inside, it's outside...There is a TMB ATM inside the mall next to the TMB Branch...The one outside is just next to a money exchange...

I like to use the one inside...But using the teller is an even better idea...
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Yeah those African fcukers (probably Nigerian) are all over Pattaya at the moment, indeed half of the male foreign inmates at the ''Bangkok Hilton'' are from Nigeria
      A large number of internet cafe owners have been warned by the tourist police not to let them on their premises to eliminate the prospect of them loading rogue software programmes.

Comment

(marshal @ Jan. 06 2009,06:08)    My old dear got sucked in by the Amway pyarmid crap a few years back  

During  october when i stayed in Laos the guys who i spoke with, who reside there were none to happy with the behaviour of the africans who have descended on vientiane like a crime wave!
        Funny, Amway is American and I'll bet my bottom dollar the first dodgy ex-pat cunts to invade LOS werent from Africa...

Black people do look different though....

Comment

(perth_couple @ Jan. 06 2009,18:47)
          (marshal @ Jan. 06 2009,06:08)    My old dear got sucked in by the Amway pyarmid crap a few years back  

During  october when i stayed in Laos the guys who i spoke with, who reside there were none to happy with the behaviour of the africans who have descended on vientiane like a crime wave!
          Funny, Amway is American and I'll bet my bottom dollar the first dodgy ex-pat cunts to invade LOS werent from Africa...

So who do you suspect "the first dodgy ex-pat cunts to invade LOS" were?

Comment

(perth_couple @ Jan. 06 2009,18:47)

They reap what they soe. why do they look different???
            bkk finest just cleared them away(africans) from the entrance to food land on soi 5 where they were hanging about and hustling customers in the evening. poor buggers being picked on again by bangkok's finest
            just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

(bardamu @ Jan. 07 2009,05:40) stuff about who I believe were the original dodgy ex-pat cunts in Thailand...
              According to CRIME PREVENTION: CURRENT ISSUES IN CORRECTIONAL TREATMENT AND EFFECTIVE COUNTERMEASURES by Sivakorn Kuratanavej,

Overwhelmingly 'dodgy ex-pat cunts' have come from Asian countries bordering Thailand.. Myanmar being the biggest group (and probably the original 'dodgy ex-pat cunts' going back to the 1600's..).

People from Africa (thats the entire continent - not just 'Nigeria') then make up the second largest group however in 1999 the number was just over 12% compared to over 80% from 'Asian coutries' (stats are a bit old I know... I'm too busy to keep hunting).

Europeans then make up the next largest group according to the same stats..

I am sure there are plenty more stats around if anyone cares to look (how busy are you these days Socrates999

My main issue with the discussion is the same as it would be if there had been a discussion suggesting that a majority of single Anglo-European men (especially those middle aged types) who travel to Thailand are child sex offenders..

This suggestion (which I also hear all the time) is also overwhelmingly untrue...

Or, just as middle aged single Anglo-European men are
              over reported as child sex offenders, to make the claim that a majority of the same group ARE child sex offenders is just shit..

This claim, like much of this discussion (IMHO only), is based on hysteria and bullshit 'accepted wisdom' informed mostly by racist stereotyping..

Put it this way, I dont freak out when I encounter 'Africans' in Thailand, nor do I freak out when 'middle aged single white men' make a fuss of my baby boy... Overwhelmingly both groups of people are in Thailand for the same reason... To do business, have a holiday etc etc...

Just my opinion of course...

Mr PC

ps, Natalie reckons this discussion is actually motivated by the 'accepted wisdom' that African men possess giant uber potent penises.. Another bullshit stereotype but funny nonetheless..

Comment

Just been onto my bank again, all still ok, wonder what would have happenend if I had pressed that button now mmmm....

Comment

I understand where your coming from but given the bad press that Nigerians have its no wonder that people are wary of these guys..

Blame the press if you like, but not a week goes buy without a article or scam regarding Nigeria or some ather part of Africa...

Comment

I haven't used an ATM card in over 7 years of visiting Thailand. I don't even bring it.

(I barely use it where I live too).

And I wouldn't trust the local banks either:

HALF A MILLION BAHT MISSING FROM DUTCH COUPLE€˜S PATTAYA BANK ACCOUNT:

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/show...EWS=0000008078

Comment

Do you keep your money in a mattress or a sofa

Secondly - where do you live
                      Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Check out http://darkforum.net for all your skimming hardware and software.

Phantom Keypad cover and Card Reader sleeve that were recently found on a Pattaya ATM.

Watch out!  
                        Attached Files

Comment

sneaky bastards! Exactly the same techniques used to skim numbers in North America.

Bam, where do you find this stuff?

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                          Membership Levels
                          The Rookie Thread
                          New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                          Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Interesting and worrying piece of information for anyone, who like myself, use ATMs regularly in Pattaya.

Comment

BB, why don't you see if you can open an account at Kasikorn.
                              It's the bank most likely to let u open an account with a regular tourist visa on arrival.

You can limit your exposure by keeping a small amount of money there. You could also wait on line during biz hours but seems more trouble than its worth.

Comment

(PigDogg @ Feb. 03 2009,10:06) BB, why don't you see if you can open an account at Kasikorn.
                                It's the bank most likely to let u open an account with a regular tourist visa on arrival.

You can limit your exposure by keeping a small amount of money there.   You could also wait on line during biz hours but seems more trouble than its worth.
                                Cheers for the info. PD, have thught about that, but only 2 more months on this trip left, may leave it till next time.

Have been keeing an eye on my accounts online, all seems ok, just wondering is this thing more likely to happen in more touristy parts of the town, ie Beach Road/ Walking Street, that other like 3rd Road, Soi Buakhao and Pattaya Tai where I mostly take out my cash..

Comment

Working...
                                X