Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pattaya can be a very dangerous place, last weekend I got my ass pinched, slapped around a bit, whipped and had my nipples bitten.

Best to stay away.
    "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Nicely done!      

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

Hmmmm.

Let me see. Gaza Strip vs Walking Street...

He's right! Its almost impossible to tell them apart!
        Attached Files
        f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

Not sure about that , many's a weapon of ass destruction has been uncovered in Walking Street .

I'm sure a few "sausage jockey's " from around here could testify to the UN Council on this very matter
          Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Hmmm gee poor paccie copped it here...

In defense of paccie... He is just reporting what he saw not what occured to him!!
            Take it as a warning... Thai justice is swift and fast, don't put yourself in a situation where you are on the receiving end of it!

As mardhi says, tip those who deserve it and treat others with respect and by in large you will be trouble free.

And as bs once said, the folks on here tend to be a better class of tourist than most punters in pattaya... So we are far less likely to find ourselves in a jam.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

I concur 100% with azza33. Pacman spent a considerable period of time in the Pattaya trenches during his last tour of booty and witnessed a lot. I shared some of that time with him. Others may live in Pattaya fulltime but not necessarily get out to the streets every night or maybe not even for weeks at a time. Paccie was like the live news on air reporter and called it as he saw it in the heart of 24 hour action central. He reported the news but perhaps made the error of bringing too much subjective commentary to the events which might have bothered others. I believe Paccie's ultimate intentions were well meaning and proper.

We can easily accuse others of hyperbole, embellishment, being overly pedantic, whatever. In the end Paccie cared enough to take the time to report (almost daily) for his entire stay. That in itself is remarkable and should be applauded.

I, like many others love Pattaya and have not experienced anything threatening or dangerous other than some obnoxious Russian thugs that kept pushing me out of the way whether on the street or in line at a 7-11. I have not experienced one scary Thai national moment anywhere, at anytime. That is not to say it does not exist or you can't find it if you are stupid. It just means it has not been my experience to date.

We all measure things as per our experience, nonetheless I do think anyone should discount what Paccie had to say in his reporting. One man's floor is another man's ceiling but one man's kick is the ass feels pretty much the same as anyone else's.

Keep your stick on the ice...

Comment

(Steff @ Oct. 13 2010,05:42) I, like many others love Pattaya and have not experienced anything threatening or dangerous other than some obnoxious Russian thugs that kept pushing me out of the way whether on the street or in line at a 7-11. I have not experienced one scary Thai national moment anywhere, at anytime. That is not to say it does not exist or you can't find it if you are stupid. It just means it has not been my experience to date.
                Steff,
                Azza,

Gents, you both had had worry and agression free times in Pattaya, as have Mardhi (who may not be out every night but probably knows the scene as well as any) Lefty, Ciobah, myself etc.

I am sorry I thought the reporting dwelt on the dark side to much.

For violence I have seen so much more on any Friday or Saturday night outside any club/pub district in Australia. I have even seen more falang on falang violence in the Four Floors in Singapore FFS!

The Hyperbole was OTT...., And my personal feelings after reading it were well, if you hate it so much and all the girls are in the pockets of the police why the fuck are you there?

I felt reading between the lines that Paccie had overstayed and was jaded and morose.

Let me state I rarely go to Pattaya. But I dont shit can the place either, and it is probably no more violent that a city that is basically built around the sex trade would be expected to be.
                f0xxee

Comment

f0xxee, yes perhaps OTT and perhaps some unnecessarily alarmist hyperbole, all things considered. However I think it does not serve any positive purpose to trash someone like Paccie who faithfully reported and, quite frankly gave us all something to sink out teeth (and stink our noses) into everyday during his extended tenure. We cannot strip him of those merited stripes. If so, we shall discourage the practice of others and what is the point of that? That is why we are here, or at least I think so. I want to read what others think; how they see and interpret things; their slants and subjective take on things; and perhaps learn from someone else's experience about spending extended periods in places like Pattaya. Goodness I could never imagine spending so much time there like Paccie did and if so, at least not in the heart of  the Penthouse, Obsessions/Kittens dementia 24 hours a day for months!!! I am sure the most balanced of us would suffer some considerable loss of clear, sober objectivity if exposed to such abnormal rigors of day to day life in the mid-town ass tussle of Pattaya.

Well that is my piece about all of this. I hope Pacman is well and safely back home. I am sure he will weigh into this banter when he feels it is the time after careful reflection.

Comment

Balance? what's that? I can't stop thinking of ladyboys and wouldn't mind them morning, noon and night!

But good point Steff, Paccie does not deserved to be grilled for his warnings but like everything else on the forum, take everything with a grain of salt since everyone's perspective is a bit different.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

Ok Steff/Jake.

I only posted the two opposing pictures for a bit of fun. I think "faithfully reported" might be stretching things a bit however.

Let me say that although I dont agree with what was written I do support Paccie for his enthusiasm and committment to the forum, god bless him and all that ride him.

Long may he post!
                      f0xxee

Comment

(pacman @ Sep. 24 2010,12:01) Welcome to the War Zone...to get some of your money there are many here who will do whatever they have to.... you have every girl in Pattaya wanting a piece of you.... Their tactics (include) straight out theft... (they) can become quite unhinged... threats made against your life.... your holiday will get messy & expensive.... it is the all-too frequent attacks on farangs by hungry Thais that I am worried about... The rage that comes from switching girls in a bar... Don't react to threats, they are often delivered to gauge your fear level. Once they see they have scared you, they move in for the kill.... if things go wrong, no Thai will speak up for you....to the girls we are the prize to be fought over & to them, it is war.
                        FFS -  Pacman isn't being picked on and his reputation isn't being trashed.

For a quick refresher, look at the above statements I picked out of the post in question.

This has gotten some hackles raised, as it sure looks to be OTT hyperbole. Someone needed to balance that out with some reality.

I don't see this as a case of board members shooting the messenger. Pacman is one of the more beloved and valued posters on here, and I don't think the message is "shut up and stop posting" - I think it's more a friendly nudge to stop looking for thugs lurking in every shadow and instead realize that sometimes, a shadow is nothing more than a shadow.
                        Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

Oh foxxee I didn't mean any offense, I actually found your post funny but 100% correct!

Like for example if you ask anyone on this forum, if they would rather be in thailand or be in Pakistan's Taliban controlled area's.. I think we both know what the answer would be! Enough said!

Comment

(deepthroat @ Oct. 13 2010,08:10)  Pacman isn't being picked on and his reputation isn't being trashed.
                            Exactly DT.

I told him this thread would be controversial

And if anyone thinks a little 'flak' will discourage Paccie from continuing to express his opinions in the future, you haven't been around here long enough

Carry on Paccie
                            Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

(ciobha @ Oct. 11 2010,21:59) Well I have just got home after a two and a half week jaunt of LOS, and enjoyed my trip immensely as usual (although it wasn't the same without my old mate Jimslim   )

Paccers, it was good catching up up with you again, you are truly decent bloke, and you even kept your word and bought me a beer.
                              BUT, FFS!! what's with this thread??? You make Pattaya sound like a warzone. I experienced nothing like this while there, and I don't believe I was lucky to this effect. Sure, the place is (eerily) quiet, and I agree there is more pressure from the girls than ever for drink, tip, barfine etc. But not in a threatening manner.
                              Maybe Pattaya has lost some of it's 'ambiance' because of the lack of customers. So many bars have no customers at all, probably for days on end, but generally the fun is still there and although the pressure is slightly greater, react with a smile and a laugh, say NO in a nice way, and there will be no problems, and if you are a newbie and have been slightly unnerved by this thread, just sit in LaBamba all night, because there couldn't be a less threatening place on earth than that bar!!!

I hate to have to say this Paccers, because you are a genuinely nice bloke, but your negativity is downright fucking annoying, and IMO, totally misplaced. Perhaps Lefty is right, you were there slightly too long, and perhaps lost touch with the bright side of Pattaya. Everyone noticed this, including the Ladyboys, and maybe you witnessed so many negatives because you went out of your way to find them. So you witnessed some scuffles, big deal. You saw some bad behaviour, so what. You even witnessed some locals beating the shit out of some tourists - ever been to Benidorm??? A bad day in Pattaya is still better than a good day in most other places of the world.
                              Maybe now you have been home for a few days you will reflect on the trip, and have mellowed a bit to the negative aspects, I await your response??
                                Extremely well stated sir!

If any newbies read this thread and want a more realistic view of Pattaya, then take heed to this post.

It is much more close to what 99.9% of you will encounter.
                              “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                              ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(f0xxee @ Oct. 13 2010,06:11)
                                (Steff @ Oct. 13 2010,05:42) I, like many others love Pattaya and have not experienced anything threatening or dangerous other than some obnoxious Russian thugs that kept pushing me out of the way whether on the street or in line at a 7-11. I have not experienced one scary Thai national moment anywhere, at anytime. That is not to say it does not exist or you can't find it if you are stupid. It just means it has not been my experience to date.
                                Steff,
                                Azza,

Gents, you both had had worry and agression free times in Pattaya, as have Mardhi (who may not be out every night but probably knows the scene as well as any) Lefty, Ciobah, myself etc.

I am sorry I thought the reporting dwelt on the dark side to much.

For violence I have seen so much more on any Friday or Saturday night outside any club/pub district in Australia. I have even seen more falang on falang violence in the Four Floors in Singapore FFS!

The Hyperbole was OTT...., And my personal feelings after reading it were well, if you hate it so much and all the girls are in the pockets of the police why the fuck are you there?

I felt reading between the lines that Paccie had overstayed and was jaded and morose.

Let me state I rarely go to Pattaya. But I dont shit can the place either, and it is probably no more violent that a city that is basically built around the sex trade would be expected to be.
                                Exactly f0xxee. You could not have said it anymore accurately.  

Key points IMO:

Hyperbole OTT.

Paccie is currently jaded and cynical after his longest ever stay here.

If anyone actually does think this place is so bad, then Disney World may be a better holiday destination.  

Hope you make it over to Patts again sometime, f0xxee. I'd love to meet you, have a drink together, and chew the fat a bit.
                                “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                                ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Working...
                                X