Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By their own admission, C&D are trying to appeal more to tourist couples than whoremongers like ourselves who are actually looking for action. You can understand why as well - the bar makes its money on selling drinks and providing entertainment to those farang tourists. The girls make money by being in a horizontal position in a ST room. Pretty big conflict of interest there - I cant see anyway that the bar will continue to appeal to guys like us unless we love being part of the 'show' and gawped at and photographed by the ugly western women and her husband who is secretly desperate to swap places with us and go and have the best sex of his life. So, I suspect thats why the bar works from a profit standpoint - the wife wants to stay and drink her pina colada and look at the guys attracted to the ladyboys and her husband wants to stay and keep looking at all the talent.

Cheers
    Mardhi

Comment

C & D?
      R. I. P!

I'm getting the T-shirt printed today!

Comment

Now in Phuket and as one with you guys that Soi C and C&D have become something of a dead end - gawking fat white trash. Any other ideas for LB's in Phuket? Re massage I think if one tells any of the girls solicting customers that you want an LB they will provide. Quality may not be brilliant.
        Soi C used to be great, what a pity. Is the Tiger Bar any good? where is it?

Comment

Tiger isn't a bar, it's a suite of bars ~50?? (plus the Tiger Disco upstairs) and it's about 20m from C&D toward the beach (W). It's all about location, and the current C&D is just out of the way, rather than in the "action".

Comment

(mardhi @ Feb. 15 2007,15:10) By their own admission, C&D are trying to appeal more to tourist couples than whoremongers like ourselves who are actually looking for action.     You can understand why as well - the bar makes its money on selling drinks and providing entertainment to those farang tourists.    The girls make money by being in a horizontal position in a ST room.     Pretty big conflict of interest there - I cant see anyway that the bar will continue to appeal to guys like us unless we love being part of the 'show' and gawped at and photographed by the ugly western women and her husband who is secretly desperate to swap places with us and go and have the best sex of his life.    So, I suspect thats why the bar works from a profit standpoint - the wife wants to stay and drink her pina colada and look at the guys attracted to the ladyboys and her husband wants to stay and keep looking at all the talent.  

Cheers
            Mardhi
            Patong Beach Phuket, is without doubt the best Misery Watch destination I have ever been to, for exactly that reason.
            Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

phuket-
              a tuk tuk driver wouldn't give me my change .
              i told a nearby police man (in perfect thai) who just smiled and shrugged it off.
              scum.

if youve never been-
              the people of phuket are not like the nice thai's you meet upcountry.
              they have been poisoned into extreme greed.

Comment

There are some nice Thais in Phuket, and they hate it too

( but they stay because the pay is good )
                "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(Lizard @ Feb. 13 2007,04:30) However Patong is not Phuket
                  Hey Lizard, would you elaborate on the ladyboy and genetic girl pay for play scene outside of Patong?

Comment

Really, it's hard to believe some posts.

Pattaya is well known as one of the most violent places in Thailand barring the Muslim south. The Russian Mafia, amongst the many other Mafias, are well set in now. Yesterday's Pattaya Today newspaper had 3 stories on Russian issues, amongst the 10 or so stories on guys jumping foreigners, foreigners killing their Thai girlfriends, Thai girlfriends killing their foreign boyfriends, one guy jumping from a tower, junkies dying...all in a day in Pattaya.

The beach was long ago declared dangerous to swim in due to poor water quality and the possibility of skin rashes.

The beach, if it can really be called that, is about 4m wide, just big enough to fit about 3 rows of awful, dirty chairs, and get no sunlight. You have to put your chair on the sidewalk to get sun.

The TG drop-in center, run by the lovely Kui, tries to teach LBs not to steal as it's getting them a bad rap, and more and more places are closing their doors to LBs weekly (this directly from Kui).

etc, etc.

And Phuket is bad because it's commercial? And Pattaya is not?

I had great and bad experiences in both places, and you select any place for what it has and what you want that day. But to suggest Pattaya is non-commercial, safe, has a great beach, and Phuket is the opposite, is stretching the truth beyond reality

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Feb. 18 2007,22:50) And Phuket is bad because it's commercial? And Pattaya is not?

I had great and bad experiences in both places, and you select any place for what it has and what you want that day. But to suggest Pattaya is non-commercial, safe, has a great beach, and Phuket is the opposite, is stretching the truth beyond reality

Comment

But to suggest Pattaya is non-commercial, safe, has a great beach...
                        Eh? No one is saying this! What are you reading?  Tourism Authority of Thailand handouts?  

Comment

I didnt think this was a thread comparing the 2, just a thread about Phuket.

imho i prefer Phuket over pattaya, but probably wouldn't choose either now.
                          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(katoeylover @ Feb. 18 2007,22:54) imho i prefer Phuket over pattaya, but probably wouldn't choose either now.
                            If Guess Bar has replaced Nana for the discerning Punter, where is the next outside BKK playground ?

Comment

Working...
                            X