Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"To get to the standard metered taxi push through the crowd, find the escalator going downstairs to the 1st floor. There you will see a few tables with people who will give you a slip for the metered taxi."
    And I somehow recall adding that it was the metered charge plus 50 baht...
    That was me, and is correct. Have been through the airport 7 or 8 times now.

There ARE "signs" to the public taxi rank.....they are A4 sheets of paper stuck on a concrete pillar in the arrivals "hall". Yes, a pain to find it the first time, but OK after you have done it once....sort of like your first ladyboy shag!

Take the escalator down one level and out the big swivel door thing. There has never been a single person in line any of the times I have been there, mostly 6h30pm to 10pm midweek evenings.

65 baht tools to Baingkok centre, 50 baht extra for airport pickup, and between 190 and 250 Baht on the meter, depending on sitting in traffic time. Usually 30-40 mins, never had a big traffic jam yet
    Mister Arse

Comment

Maybe I got lucky or lost but I found a taxi within minutes of getting through immigration

The usual "how much?" to Bkk to a tout, 800baht sir he replies,
      the usual "fuck off" response from me
      Then 500 baht fee including tolls is agreed
      Both parties happy, after a long haul flight, I am happy with that

I prefer the old airport, at least I know where the burger king is there and the new airport dont have any seats outside

Dave...
      Your got yer Mother in a whirl
      Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

I love the new Airport. I have not had any problems on my visits through there this past month. It ain't gonna go away, we ain't goin' back to Don Muang so quite the pissin' and moanin' and get used to it. Make the best out of your sorrows and misery and try and see some good at the new Airport.

Comment

It's 100 times better then London-Heathrow ...Specially when you arrive at LOS
          Here is some photos ...
          Attached Files
          So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

And you can just see Costas's reflection...
            Attached Files
            So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Guys and Dolls (especilly Snick)

I can not believe you GUYS that you are against evolution of places and countries.... The old airport was an accident to happen... built so close to the the city that when planes like 747 (now 777) used to take the first turn to gain height you could see the old fat women through the windows of the buildings below

Especially for those you fly quite often (I used to at least twice a month until Oct) the new airport is very ergonomic (fast to check in), clean, big so that many people can check in and move at the same time and finally HAS AMAZING LBs .... so far I have seen 5 or 6 of them.

Anyway, it is true that you need to go to the basement to take a taxi but it is so fun to go downstairs from those amazing fashionable automatic "scales"...

... just an opinion...

Diablo Le Grec

Comment

(diablo80 @ Dec. 07 2006,17:51) Guys and Dolls (especilly Snick)

I can not believe you GUYS that you are against evolution of places and countries....    The old airport was an accident to happen... built so close to the the city that when planes like 747 (now 777) used to take the first turn to gain height you could see the old fat women through the windows of the buildings below  

Especially for those you fly quite often (I used to at least twice a month until Oct)  the new airport is very ergonomic (fast to check in), clean, big so that many people can check in and move at the same time and finally HAS AMAZING LBs   .... so far I have seen 5 or 6 of them.

Anyway, it is true that you need to go to the basement to take a taxi but it is so fun to go downstairs from those amazing fashionable automatic "scales"...

... just an opinion...

Diablo Le Grec  
                Please do share where all these lbs are Diablo mate

Comment

Ozzie Mate,

I think you have already seen my GF in the guess bar (Ex). I first met her at the airport. Where she works there are another 2 LBs. Further down between gates 6 and 7 there is another stand with cosmetics that you can find another 2 LBs. Just wondering around in the new airport I have seen 5 or 6. Do not know their names neither I have taken photos... BUT next time you are flying away from BKK do not stay in the bars walk around and you sure find them.

Diablo le Grec

Comment

Sounds like the new airport is just like kl a glass hanger with shops.

Taxi is a bit clearer lets hope by the time i get there is signs

Comment

The new airport looks good, but it is not much more than a shopping center with an airport.
                      On arrival you don't notice much except the long walk, but when leaving you see the mistakes.
                      Taxies are available on Level One in a fashion similar to the old airport.
                      In the duty free area which is most of the building there is nowhere to sit and people were sitting on the floor. There are very few toilets.
                      Some seats have been installed along the concourses, but I didn't see a single toilet.  As someone else pointed out once you leave the duty free area there are no amenities available.  To say it is not user friendly is a big understatement.
                      They had the right idea but greed took over and it will never without excessively expensive major structural changes to the building be able to compete with Changi Airport and that was their goal.
                      Bring back the old airport.  It worked.  The new one is like a beautiful woman with syphilis.

Comment

btw - are there exchange kiosks past immigration as in the old place?

will need to change some cash on arrival.
                        seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

A friend told me that the orginal plans did have more toilets, but the Kings Group wanted more space for shops so they redid the plans and converted the toilet areas to sales.

Need I add that Thaksin's wife ownsa big chunk of King's Group ?

I still say that in a year or two the place will look OLD
                          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

katoeylover - yes there are.

I doubt very much that the airport will look old in a year, and am pleased to see some positivity because Suvarnabhumi is pretty amazing when compared to the old airport, and while it does not stand up (yet) to Singapore or HK in terms of services it is a great advertisement for Thailand.

The day is not the airport's best face, but at night when the lights are on it looks magnificent. A little like some other things discussed frequently here!

As for the toilets, the problem is greatly exagerated imho.

Comment

and while it does not stand up (yet) to Singapore or HK in terms of services it is a great advertisement for Thailand.
                              How do you work that one out? I have only been to the new HK airport once and was impressed. I live in Spore and using Changi is like walking through a 5 star hotel lobby. Business travelers and tourists using all 3 will walk away thinking Suvarabhumi is 3rd class....how can that be a good advert for Thailand?

Sure its better than the old airport, but in this day and age that is not good enough.
                              Mister Arse

Comment

Actually Bangkok and HK are very, very similar. Same designers after all.

When HK opened there were loads of things wrong, but they are gradually getting better. Was only recently that they started offering free wireless internet at HKIA.

Bangkok's new airport is a great advertisement as it brings Bangkok's airport up to modern day standards. It is light, easy to get around, quiet, spacious and offers great amenities.

Given time Bangkok will come up to the standards of Singapore and HK. But give it time. Remember this airport was plagued with problems. We should all understand it isn't going to happen overnight.

Just because it is not quite up to Sin or HK standards does not make it 3rd class and I doubt very much that travellers would think that.

Ps. I agree with you about Changi. For me that airport is unique and the best in the world although I have not seen Frankfurt which I believe is pretty good too.

Comment

Working...
                                X