X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by
    Anyone feel like recommending an alternative in the direct vicinity, same price range(ish) but with an in-room safe.

Both Nana Hotel and apparently Dynasty only have safe boxes at reception, and Nana Hotel's apparent policy to extra guests (not more than one at a time) doesn't suit my plans.
    Omni Towers. Become a member for free, and large studio rooms are about 1700 per night. Don't know about number of extra guests. In room safes
    Mister Arse

Comment

Grand Inn is about a minute away from the Majestic. Their standard rooms are 1000 a night.

Never had problems with ladyboy guests but have never had more than one at atime. They take the ID at the desk and call your room when your girl is leaving to make sure everthing is OK.

Safe is at desk BUT it's a small hotel and not a big hassle to get in and out of the safe. staff is very friendly.

No pool. Rooms are nice. Even though you're only two minutes friom NEP you feel like your a million miles away. If you want a quiet oasis that's ladyboy friendly this is your place. But if you like the buzz and excitement of a place like the Nana hotel then the Grand is not for you.

Avoid the Grace, it is not ladyboy friendly.

Comment

President Solitaire meets all your requirements. I was there a few months ago. It is lb friendly. Check

http://www.bangkok.com/president-solitaire/#location

Comment

President Solitaire is great but a lot more expensive than the others mentioned. Very guest friendly, 42" plasma tv in every room, big rooms, free wireless broadband, pool, fitness centre. Room service food id good and it is on Sukhumvit soi 11.

President Solitaire

Comment

has anyone stayed at the tai-pan hotel?

Comment

Thanks for your responses.

Apparently the Omni Towers is not accepting reservations at the moment. Rebuilding perhaps?

The Solitaire looks spiffing, but I think I prefer to use my cash on the girls at NEP. So it looks like the Grand Inn is where I'll be at. Thanks for the tip Pigdogg, I'd never have stumbled accross it alone.

Perhaps some kind of listing of LB friendly hotels would be a useful addition to the tourism section?

Thanks everyone!

Comment

[QUOTE Avoid the Grace, it is not ladyboy friendly. ]

Fleeing, i think you might have misunderstood our comrade PigDogg!

I normally stay at Tai-pan. decent rooms from 1500 and they are Lb/GG friendly. bit more of a walk to NEP however as its on Soi 23.

I have stayed at the Grace once before and i did get an lb back ok, just had to leave id with security, but that hurts no one does it....

Good luck

Comment

Richar1

I stay at the Tai-pan everytrip.
                  Very good value IMHO. and importantly only 2 mins up the road from Soi Cowboy. The Honey bar is now gone but you will still find lb's strutting up and down throughout the night.The only downer about the location is it can be a drag trying to cross Asoke at certain times of the day.

They have pool, fitness centre and sauna,food also good etc...but thats not what you wanna hear is it cos who the fucks gona bother with that!

The rooms start from about 1500, they are guest friendly, never had any problems with even 2 or more guests though I would suggest booking in as a couple (just incase) the rooms are big and importantly have an in-room safe.

check the site
                  http://www.taipanhotel.com

Comment

It seems evryone confuses the Grace and the Grand Inn especially since they're both on Soi 3
                    More than one ladyboy told me they couldn't get into the Grace when they misunderstood where I was staying.

Below is the link. The Single room is the standard room for 1000. Don't worry that it says single there is no joiner fee. single Rooms also have a small balcony but it's not the kind of place you'll want to hang. Single rooms are in the back of the hotel and very quiet.

http://www.grandinnthailand.com/accommodation.html

Comment

Brother Angelo, love that Roger Miller tune!

Best rock bottom (pricewise) hotel I've stumbled accross are the 400 baht rooms at the Somara in Pattaya. In the Carribean this place would be two hundred bucks a night.

For you high end guys a 55 buck bid for a 5 star in the Riverside-Silom district on Priceline will priobably get you the ShangriLa which often makes the list of best hotels in Asia and by all reports is guest friendly.

Comment

Thanks for the link PigDogg. I must have passed the Grand Inn many times as I've previously stayed at the Zenith (not guest friendly!) when in BKK with Mrs Fleeing.

The confusion with the Grace is understandable, but other forums repeatedly warn that it is not LB friendly. Also further from the action.

Location, location and location!

Thanks again

Comment

Just want to make clear that safe is at the desk in the lobby not in the room.

I'm surprised this hotel's not more popular; only has 28 rooms.

Comment

Woraburi is LB friendly, and so is Royal Asia Lodge.

G

Comment

Originally posted by (wisetraveller @ Oct. 06 2004,22:13)
                              President Solitaire meets all your requirements.  I was there a few months ago.  It is lb friendly.  Check

http://www.bangkok.com/president-solitaire/#location
                              Holy Shit Wisetraveller: If you spend $90.00 per room in Bangkok, then your name does not fit your habits. You can get very nice rooms in BKK for #25.00 to 35.00 nightly. If I were going to spend $90.00 for a bed in BKK, I'd go somewhere like JB Marriott, Sheraton Grande Suk., or Westin.

Comment

"Holy Shit Wisetraveller: If you spend $90.00 per room in Bangkok, then your name does not fit your habits."

Fortunately there are three magic words: - company expense account!

I guess I am very lucky.

Comment

Working...
                                X