X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your budget?

Sukhumvit is a very long road. Where abouts on there do you want to stay?

Doubles? Singles? This isn't England mate!

Sorry, but you haven't given us much to go on, ad I suspect that the answers you are looking for are already on other threads within this forum! take a look around!

Also - all the girls will be stopped on the way to your room. They will have their IDs checked and probably confiscated until they want to leave.

Also the minimum age for some hotels near Nana Plaza is 21!

Only a very few hotels in Bangkok charge a 'joiners' fee.

Also - this is standard security procedure for any kind of visitor. When a Taxi driver goes to a company or corporation his ID/license will be held at the security booth and his trunk/boot checked before he leaves.

Comment

Some hotel talk we did that might help...

http://www.asian-ts.com/cgi-bin....arriott

http://www.asian-ts.com/cgi-bin....ajestic

Comment

Jasmine bldg

Comment

Philinik,

See the link below to my Bangkok Guide....Has a section on Hotels...

Lotusman

Comment

i agree what is your price range? i was just in bangkok in march and stayed at the tai-pan with no problem as far as bringing someone up to the room. i stayed there 4 days.i then got a room at the novitel on soi33 thru priceline for $50 a night.i was only charged once for a extra guest when natilie came over.the rest of my stay nothing was said if my guest walked in with me.at times they did not ask for i.d. from the girls(2) just made a note of the room.of course they saw me with the same girls.

Comment

looks like i'll be spending some time in Bangkok this trip. looking forward running around town and catching up with mey farang friends.

seems as if one of my sweeties will be coming down from the ex-burbs of Udon Thani and stay with me. right now i'm in the frame of mind that i *much* prefer that than the NEP scene.

on my one night stays my main concern was a hotel that would kick my as out the door so i don't miss the plane, but for a four night stay i want a place with a pool and i've come up with 4 hotels at four different price points and am seeking opinions on value.

ruamchitt plaza 1000 baht
              omni towers 2000 baht
              president solataire 3000 baht
              shangri la 4000 baht (thru priceline)

right now i'm leaning towards the omni tower. am also open to other ideas, closeness to NEP not really important.

Comment

Originally posted by
                ruamchitt plaza 1000 baht
                omni towers 2000 baht
                president solataire 3000 baht
                shangri la 4000 baht (thru priceline)
                I stay at Omni every time. I think it is great value for its price. Serviced apartments rather than hotel, so rooms are larger than average hotel room. Pool, gym, in room broadband modem for 1000 Baht per week, free wireless in the huge lobby

Personally I don't think there is 1000 Baht difference in quality moving up to the Pres Solitaire. Also watch out for all the VAT and service charges that they add on.

But, if you can afford it, 4000 Baht for the Shangrila sounds like a steal!!
                Mister Arse

Comment

last year i was able to get then shang for for about 2500 baht via priceline but then had to cancel my trip. but now it appears that it would be more like 4500.

think i will probably go with the omni since making arrangements with thai ladyboys is unprecitable so if my sweetie's a no show, i'd rather be near NEP.

biddingfortravel.com is a good website to check out before bidding for anything on priceline.

Comment

Stewart and All,

I'd like to check out at around 9PM to catch a 1 AM flight. Anyone have any experience with late chaeckout or a half day rate?

Can the Omni be reserved without a credit card? If reserved with a credit card, do you know if their is a cancellation charge?

Comment

Originally posted by
                      like to check out at around 9PM to catch a 1 AM flight. Anyone have any experience with late chaeckout or a half day rate?

Can the Omni be reserved without a credit card? If reserved with a credit card, do you know if their is a cancellation charge?
                      With Omni, if you book one of their "bangkok getaway" packages, I think it is 4pm checkout. Two other options:

1. They agreed a half day rate and i checked out at 6pm
                      2. Leave your bags in the storage room behind reception, and come back and pick them up later

Doubt if they will reserve without credit card. I am sure their website will show cancellation terms, but I have cancelled at lunchtime on planned day of arrival before with no charge
                      Mister Arse

Comment

Thanks Stewart, I'll email them and see what I can do about very late checkout.

When checking there website it seems the specail Ascott member rate is the same as the regular rate.
                        1870 plus maybe 3%. Then for an extra 760 baht, I can get airport pick up and drop off and a 4PM checkout. But I only need a dropoff and no pickup, maybe I can trade that for an 8PM checkout.

Or halfday rate is OK too.

Comment

Think I will go with Stewart's suggestion and go with half day rate till 6PM.

If one only needs the room till 4PM they have a good deal where they charge you a little less than the 1/2 but also throw in airport transfes both ways. I only need a one way airport transfer and taxis are cheap anyway.

If any of you are thinking of staying there sign up and become an Ascott member; it's free. Rates might be slightly cheaper.

Comment

I am staying at the Majestic Grande but for the last night they have nothing available, so i thought I would treat myself to a one night special at a top Hotel.

where would you stay? and why? Was thinking of maybe the Landmark? or Intercontinental

Comments and suggestions appreciated.
                            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Sorry can't help you there...
                              I have stayed in the Majestic Suites (my 1st choice), Dynasty Inn (when nothing is available in the MS) and Nana Hotel (never again, unless I am really desperate).
                              Good luck, the others should be able to help you out.

Comment

Hello Katoeylover,

Have a look in the Travel Information Forum - The second item is 'Hotels Bangkok'

I do remember a couple of posts talking about the President Solitaire so that may be worth a look too.

http://www.bangkok.com/solitaire-bkk/

Don't be put off by the serviced apartments tag - it just means that they are mainly aimed at longer term residents - they will still happily book rooms for 1 night.

RR.
                                Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                                Kahuna

Comment

Working...
                                X