Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

El_hefe, I've been to the Polo Fried Chicken Place and it is delicious! It is not a fancy place, with the major clients being Thai and a few tourists who have searched for and discovered the place. This is the location: located at 137 Soi Polo/Sanamkee, a tiny little street on the east side of Wittayu/Wireless Road (1252-2252) just north of the Suan Lum Night Bazaar and the Lumpini Police Station.

An easy way to get there is go to the Night Bazaar (you can take MRT subway to that station), get out and walk down Wireless Road. It is a bit of a walk, probably around 5-6 blocks. Watch for the Soi Polo sign around a block or two past the Lumpini Police station, and turn right on Soi Polo. It is about 1/2 way down the Soi on the left.

Hope you can find it on your next trip - a recommended eatery!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
    Membership Levels
    The Rookie Thread
    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Hey, thanks so much rxpharm, I'll be there 2 weeks from todaY & will definitely try again to find it with your directions. I spent the better part of an afternoon wandering around in that area looking for it once.
      Nothing in the world better than fried chicken!

Comment

I´m confused. Now cock taste like fish/pussy?
        Attached Files
        "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

anyone ever eat at Ruan Thapthim Thai Restaurant in BKK on Soi 22 off of Sukhamvit? It is a little Thai restaurant owned by a Japanese fellow married to a Thai girl and the food is great and reasonably priced. Anyone ever go there? I go there every time in BKK. A bar girl told me about it years ago and I have been back ever since.
          reflections

Comment

Central World Plaza is becoming one of my favorite places to eat, with dozens of restaurants to choose from.
            Two notables are a sushi restaurant with a conveyor belt , just pick a plate as it goes past you. very good quality and fresh (5th or 6th floor); and diner service at the super market on the top floor
            "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Eat at Kabuki couple of weeks ago. Kobe sirloin 20baht a gram, and pretty good! Had an 8 piece sushi roll set, 1 piece nigri sushi of toro, and 190g kobe sirloin bill came to £92- roughly 5200baht!
              190g kobe sirloin came home at about 3900baht.

Kabuki is on the ground floor of siam paragon!

Noticed the Marriot is selling Kobe in the New York steakhouse and there japanese restaurant but very expensive! I did find a place online somewhere up sukhumvit selling Kobe for 13baht a gram. Sorry i cannot remember the name.
              i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

I've only just discovered this thread, so I apologise if anything I say seems like old hat.

My experience of restaurants in Bangkok is limited, but I do remember that the Lemon Grass on Soi 24 was great for Thai food. I can't remember if it was expensive, as I wasn't paying.

Someone on page 1 mentioned the Indonesian restaurant called Bali. It's just across the street from the back of the Conrad. Can anyone give me an idea as to its price?

There was a discussion on an earlier page about how to impress a LB girlfriend. I have eaten in some of the finest restaurants in the world (the Waterside in Bray, Le Tour d'Argent in Paris, Ribot in Milan) - I mention this not to try to impress but to show where I am coming from - and in my opinion this is not the way to a LB's heart. When I was in Singapore in August I stayed at the Conrad (where else?) and its Chinese restaurant was highly recommended by the manager of the Conrad in Hong Kong. So I took a LB friend of mine (she was Thai) there, and we had a nice meal - the food was indeed good. BUT, the atmosphere wasn't right. It was too quiet, and waiters were hovering by the table making us too self-conscious to talk. Or again, last year, I took a GG (I know, I'm such a tart) to the Chinese restaurant in the Conrad in Bangkok. The food was excellent, but we were the only people in eating!

Much better in my view to go to a place with bustle. Every LB I have met sounds like a man when they talk, and it's just so much easier when you are not automatically overheard by the diners at the next table or by the waiters. An example is the Chili Club in Wanchai, Hong Kong - excellent food, plenty of bustle and a fraction of the price of every other restaurant in HK I have visited. Or, closer to home, 7Seas seafood restaurant on Soi 4. I am sure there are better seafood restaurants in town, but it has a relaxed atmosphere and the LBs I have taken there seem to like it.

Alternatively, go to a place with a spectacular view. Vertigo was mentioned earlier in this thread, and I agree the view is good, although for the ultimate restaurant view you needed to have gone to the Windows on the World; the food was only so-so, but who cared?

Ultimately, though, the object of the dinner is surely to have a decent meal in comfortable surroundings, and for that the best place has to be somewhere where you are recognised, and greeted by name as you walk in. Now THAT impresses the hell out of a girlfriend, as it makes you seem important (I know it's bullshit, but it's the perception which matters).

Comment

I realise this is off topic, but having referred to the Windows on the World yesterday, by coincidence I watched a documentary on the aftermath of 9/11 last night. The hour long programme must have shown the collapse of the North Tower at least 5 times, which is where the restaurant was. The observation deck was in the South Tower, so the takeout coffee was cold by the time you got there! I still find it upsetting, for they were truly beautiful buildings.

Comment

If you're in the mood for some great baked treats & espresso, or some fancy salad or high end sandwich type food, in a really nice space that would recall a trendy loft in NYC or London I recommend Kuppa on Suk soi 16. Not cheap at all, but I have to say my brownie was superb, not the typical greasy baked stuff I expect in Asia.
                    A real nice place to hang out for a while or have a business lunch with a client.

Comment

• ok guys I ate at Somboon seafood and it was incredible. Of all their five location sthe only one open for lunch is the new branch at Juranee (spelling sorry) Tower. It was great I almost came over the curry crab and the ginger snapper. The service was overly attentive. If i left a plate still with food on it to the side they wanted to take it. Also spilt some curry on my pants and a waiter came over with water and a towel trying to get the stain out---too much
                      reflections

Comment

• My current companion has taken me to this excellent seafood restaurant in Chinatown - T & K Seafood. It is one of the most popular ones in Chinatown. The prices are reasonable as it is geared to the locals - but don't expect a fancy atmosphere! They have street side seating and air con rooms inside.
                        Attached Files

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                        Membership Levels
                        The Rookie Thread
                        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

• I've eaten at T&K, cheap and good, worth the experience.

Comment

• My favourite spot is a grimey Isaan joint near Ratachewi station called J Goy.
                            The Som Tam is amazing, as is the Moo Yang (sp?) , the Duck Bills (oh yeah) and the fried chitlings (i like offal) Beer is cheap as fuck as well. For a grand banquet with a gallon of Beer your looking at a measly 200 baht a head.

Comment

• (stogie bear @ Apr. 16 2008,20:25)
                              (stickyfinger @ Apr. 16 2008,20:32) So come on then where do most folk who are on average budget go to eat good Thai foods with or without their tilac?
                               That's easy: Foodland!

Best, fastest, freshest, tastiest and cheapest GOOD Thai food in Thailand!

Open 24/7 too!  
                              Where is foodland?

Comment

• lemme just hare this website

http://www.restaurantsofbangkok.com/
                                You Can Take Taneisha Out Of The Party, But You Can't Take The Party Out Of Taneisha  

http://imlive.com/_/0493/386493/SluttyTaneisha53628.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X