Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Basilico is the place. Thank you Otho! I should eat more fish for my short memory rather than pizzas
    Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Does anyone know if Thai House 2 (which used to be above Foodland) has cleased business or has it moved to another location?

Comment

Do not have any experience of japanese restaurants in bangkok as of yet.

Does anyone have any information as too places selling good wagyu beef in bangkok?
        i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

i think non-thai food tastes a little strange in thailand so stick to thai-food. usually the stalls, but i agree
          that foodland is eatable, but it'snot easy to get a seat there. too many godamn punters and hookers.
          but there is one place i come back to every time, and that is the indian/arabic one in soi 5, on the left
          side when you enter from sukhumvit.

Comment

ok guys I read all the threads here so dont call me lazy. There are hardly any Thai places listed
            Please recommend the best Thai restaurants and where to go in the following catagories:
            1,) expensive
            2.) street food locations
            3.) moderate
            thanks I cant get enough good thai when I am in BKK
            reflections

Comment

Two picks for you, one is Mahanaga on Sukhumvit Rd, Soi 31. It's about 20 meters in on the right side, orange colored building. Upscale, hi-so type restaurant but the food is top notch. You can eat inside or dine in the courtyard. This place has been listed as one of the top new restaurants in Bangkok for the past five years. My second pick for you to try is Lemongrass on Sukhumvit Rd, Soi 24. On the left hand side as you go down Soi 24. Perhaps 50-60 meters in, I think. This is a restaurant for you to try what is called Royal Thai cuisine. It is an old style Thai home that has been converted into a restaurant, lots of charm, character, ambience. The food here is superior to any other place I have eaten in. Most of time I have gone there it has been packed with Farangs who live in Bangkok and Hi-So Thai people. I can also recommend Omthong Restaurant on Sukhumvit Rd. Soi 33. Left side, 100 meters in and across from Renoir Bar. Outstanding food. Try these picks of mine and see what you think.

Comment

havnt read all the post bit lazy tonight................but cabbages and condoms off sukhumvit is ok, good to try out,.......i liked it.
                robbo

Comment

Cabbages and Condoms on Soi 12 gets my vote too. The Muslim curry is good. For fine Thai dining also try Nipa on the third floor of Landmark Plaza. The also have traditional Thai music.

Comment

thanks guys now one more request.
                    which day markets have the best Thai food. I was at the one near the Elephant cooking school on Silomone afternoon and of course I know about patpong and the weekend market. any other good suggestions where I can get some great pet mak street food that wont make me sick
                    reflections

Comment

(marshal @ Jul. 21 2008,17:59) Do not have any experience of japanese restaurants in bangkok as of yet.

Does anyone have any information as too places selling good wagyu beef in bangkok?
                      Any chance someone can shed some light on my earlier post please!
                      i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

The Samboon, the multi level Thai seafood restaurant off Silom is always crowded with locals & farang alike.

I have eaten some of my best meals in Thailand here, excellent value in modern, clean surroundings, it is a top choice for any Bangkok visitor.

It can cater for big tables making it an excellent spot for a group of BMs to eat before the evening pursuits.

If anyone else knows the place, please post your comments here, I can't be the only one to frequent this Bangkok landmark.
                        Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(pacman @ Jul. 30 2008,11:13) The Samboon, the multi level Thai seafood restaurant off Silom is always crowded with locals & farang alike...If anyone else knows the place, please post your comments here, I can't be the only one to frequent this Bangkok landmark.
                          Your not, which is why I mentioned it on post #11 in this thread (and on other threads)

BTW, its 'Somboon' not 'The Somboon', and they have 5 locations in Bangkok. I usually go to the one on Ratchada

The Fried Curry Crab is a must.

http://www.somboonseafood.com/
                          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

I lived on soi 39 Suk for a winter a few years back ..... around the corner, which somehow became soi 49 right away, there is an amazing Japanese restaurant; Lord knows the name, Snick may know as he has been there a few times, Monkeyman as well, and myself I have taken at least 10 different people there and walked over probably once a week that winter.

Snick, help please...... that is easily the best Japanese place I have ever been in any country, even Japan ... and much cheaper!

DO check this place out, a table of 4 people can eat well and sample 15 different dishes for peanuts
                            Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

(marshal @ Jul. 30 2008,07:49)
                              (marshal @ Jul. 21 2008,17:59) Do not have any experience of japanese restaurants in bangkok as of yet.

Any chance someone can shed some light on my earlier post please!
                              My Thai friends just took me to a Japanese BBQ that is supposed to be one of the best in town, but I can't remember the name or location (it was way down Sukh Soi 27,29or 31). I'll see if I can find out

Other places:
                              -The Japanese restaurant at the Westin Hotel on Soi 19

-Japanese restaurants on Thong Lor Soi 13, go down the soi to the 1st cross street and there are 4 Japanese restaurants on the corner, these places cater to Japanese expat businessman
                              "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

The Japanese restaurant at the Landmark = average at best
                                Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X