First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

& shit through the eye of a needle the whole next day
    Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Yeah but we are getting away from the point of the OP. It was never about a place to take your squeeze (at least as far as I can remember) more a post about where is good to eat...

And we seem to have some good suggestions.

Now, if it WERE about an expensive place to take your LB blah blah then I would concur that the best option would be their choice of street vendor or room service. I might look daft but I am far from it...

Comment

Back on topic, my favorite spot to impress is Vertigo. It's on the top of the Banyon Tree Hotel. The view is spectacular, you can just have drinks in the bar or go the whole nine yards and eat in the restaurant. By no means is this joint your average night out but for that "special" occasion it's hard to beat. I did take my favorite LB there on my birthday three years ago. She spent the better half of the afternoon going to the Hair Salon, picking out her outfit to wear, doing her makeup, but when the time came she looked out of this world. Heads were turning that night at Vertigo, even the waitstaff were all over her. She ordered a New York Strip steak, with the works to accompany it, three or four Singapore Slings and dessert. Good for her I thought as she eat every bite. Me, I treated myself to the Kobe Beef. When it was over, the bill was over $220.00 but ya know what? It was worth it. Not like this was going to be repeated in the near future.
        Hey Seamus, never have had a problem with the spicey food, I just do it in moderation and have built up a tolerance. At least there is one "Harp" who doesn't spend a lot of time at the porcelin altar.

Comment

I've taken plenty of Thai people to fancy, expensive restaurants only to hear the phrase "Som Tam Aloi Gwah", which basically translates to "Pappaya Salad is more delicious, and you've just wasted your hard earned".  

I know many Thai folk who ain't satisfied or full unless sticky rice is part of the meal.

Cheers
          Koykaeng
          Ladyboys need to learn...... Listerine is not a beverage !

Comment

(Grinder @ May 13 2008,21:28) ... so I'll look forward to joining my peers "who don't know any better" and will report back.
            Gee, Grinder, I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that.

Say, did you know that in Massachusetts, a grinder is a cheap toasted sandwich? Go figure, huh?

Comment

I did not know that but I feel suitably informed on a warm Wednesday morning.

Kind of reminds me of today's culinary joke:

Q. Why do 80 year old women not have sex?

A. Well, have you ever tried to open a cheese toasty?

Comment

Another Excellent choice in Bangkok for International/Thai Fusion Cuisine is the EAT ME Restaurant

Phone : +66(0)22380931
                Address : 20 metres off Convent Rd. (in Soi Pipat 2) Silom, Bangkok

It is very artistic, gay and LB friendly and quite impressive...

Mardhi can tell you more about it...

Comment

Question.
                  More for Mardhi, really, has anyone eaten at the "Batavia satay House" 1/2 Convent road, it's an Indonesian satay house, I know I always go on about indo food, but I do love it

As they say in Indo "Terima Kasih"

Seamus
                  Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Sorry to be low-rent here guys, but I am more of a KFC and McD's kind of fellow, but any recommendations for the best pizza. I'm not talking those single slice shops near Nana or Pizza Hut, but something more akin to the gourmet pizza joints. Any ideas?
                    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Hey DP, making notes for your next visit, good stuff! Well, there is a NY Pizza place now on Sukhumvit Road - around where the Foodland is, I think that is around Soi 5-7. I haven't tried it myself, but looking it through the window, they have a variety that is different than your favorite Pizza Hut.

Another excellent place to try is Lan Na Thai. #29, Sukhumvit Soi 38. This is an interesting place a combination of a North Indian Restaurant - Hazarra, Thai and Visage a Patiserie, plus a spa in one location. The website is Face Bars

Thegame925 and I were there with our companions of choice. Both remarked the food is quite delicious - aroy mak! My companion wants to return because of the food and the ambience. This is a bit pricey, but well worth it for the food and atmosphere.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                      Membership Levels
                      The Rookie Thread
                      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

My plans of imminent return are not very transparent haha. I guess after 2+ years the city should have changed a bit. Figure this time around I have a slightly more sophisticated palette so might as well try new things. Thx for the tips!
                        I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

any recommendations for the best pizza
                          I have a slightly more sophisticated palette

So which is it?

I dont think things have changed that much in the last 2 years.
                          Try Charlies on Soi 4 or the new dim sum place on Suk between soi 1 & 3
                          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

NY Pizza is very good, they have two shops. Sukhemvit between soi 3/1 and 5; and Thong Lor soi 9.
                            Next to the NY Pizza on Sukhemvit is chokdee Dim Sum which is great for a quick bite, but is not even on the top 10 list for Bangkok Dim Sum ( Radisson Hotel, Novotel on 33, and Royal Garden on Thong Lor are all places for great Dim Sum)
                            "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(dummy_plug @ Jun. 30 2008,16:48) I have a slightly more sophisticated palette so might as well try new things.
                              Me too..especially when I paint

I tried a not-so-bad pizza at an Italian restaurant at the beginning of Soi 33, few meters away from Kasikhorn (spelling??) Bank main office which is cornering with Sukhumvit.
                              Forgot the restaurant name but you can't miss the place as it's quite a big venue.
                              But not really a bargain I guess..my client paid for..luckily
                              Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Hi Looker. It sounds like it would be Basilico, which I reviewed on page 2. Great pizzas with thin, crisp bases, all the usual toppings and some novel ideas too. Thoroughly recommended!

Staying with pizza but swerving off-topic to Pattaya, there's a great Italian place on the corner of Soi 13/1 (handy! ) and Beach Road. I think it's called Spaghetti Factory. Ironically, it's dead across the street from a shitty Pizza Hut. I had a pizza al tonno there, splashed a little bit of chili oil on it, and maybe it was just the mood I wasx in, but I honestly think it was the most delicious pizza I've ever eaten!

The outside terrace which overlooks Beach Road is great for people watching too.

Comment

Working...
                                X