X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rise of the Hero

I read this quote on the most recent Stickman Weekly Column and it seems the "hero" is becoming more prominent across the various Thailand forums.

"One major change in the last 12 months is a drastic reduction in the number of naughty boy sex reports with photos posted to the online forums. This seems to have been a direct result of girls being shown photos of themselves by guys who had read a report featuring that lady and then showing it to her."

With the new year upon us, will 2011 see further reductions in TRs in open areas, and thus one of the main lifebloods of the forums. It would appear so. Sad really, but it would seem these gents are slowly strangling the life out of one of the main sources of input on online boards of this nature.
    I'm a stranger in paradise... All lost in a wonderland. A stranger in paradise...

Very interesting, not least because our Kiwi friend has not usually been known in the past to comment on the minutea of what goes on in the many and varied Forums

I'll leave others to do the stats, but last time I looked, TRs were alive and well in many other places

I think someone has been having a word in Stickman's ear
    Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

The heroes have been around since i joined the forum many moons ago and there have always been complaints.
      While there are sponsors there will be heroes.

Comment

(guydesavoy @ Dec. 30 2010,15:29) Very interesting, not least because our Kiwi friend has not usually been known in the past to comment on the minutea of what goes on in the many and varied Forums  

I think someone has been having a word in Stickman's ear  
        It is true that he usually doesn't comment on this stuff. But I think there is no doubt that he reads forums like the ones he is referring to.

Comment

(EyeMahk @ Dec. 30 2010,20:47) It is true that he usually doesn't comment on this stuff.  But I think there is no doubt that he reads forums like the ones he is referring to.  
          Aaaah Stickman's dirty secret  

I still wonder how he got the VIP Pass..and/or the prompt  
          Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

Where've you been ?
            Who've you seen ?
            You didn't phone when you said you would .
            Do you lie ?
            Do you try ?
            To keep in touch you know you should .
            I tried to see your point of view , I could not hear or see for jealousy .

Jealousy . Pet Shop Boys 1991 .

Funny I was listening to this only this afternoon , these boys were way ahead of their time .

Fits perfectly for the sponsor/ladyboy scene
            Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

There is a serious lack of travellers imo, specially newbies to write of their new adventures. Repeat travellers are less inclined to write reports.
              Myself, i love to take pics and im never short of willing participants... must be the charm
              Give the world economy 2 more years and things will return to the old days.

Heroes are not the route cause.

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

I agree with azza33.

The dynamic of the internet and our community has changed and is still changing.

We have a vast library of trip reports and photos which is increasing every day.

This will only continue if we restrict membership and NOT expand it.

Look for other sites to hide behind subscriptions, paid memberships and pay-walls in the near future.

A combination of factors make posting information an increasingly difficult thing to ask of people...

The LBs are more alert and inquisitive about us than ever before.
                Previous TR posters have been burned and haven't been shy in telling us about it.

Looking around other forums I'm gratified that we STILL have loads more NEW content worth reading than any of them do.

This will continue for us because of the way our house is managed and monitored. In fact with the changes and updates coming our way in the new year I can see us being even busier than before.
                SHEMALE.CENTER
                World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

One final point is that TR writers need encouragement.

If you see a new trip report or picture post thread then comment on it.

Also, if you see information about ladyboys, hotels, etc, being updated then why not add your appreciation to the thread?

The community thrives by people communing!

SHEMALE.CENTER
                  World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

The girls suspect any picture taken of them will finish up online. And even the most innocent of photos can have devastating consequences for them.

How many girls have lost valuable sponsorship because of the thoughtless behaviour of someone putting her pic on a site when she has told her terak (or teraks) she is home with her family?

The standard response has always been the girl is a cheat & deserves to be exposed. We care more about some sponsor we have never met, who has more money than sense & who doesn't contribute diddly squat to the forum.

And we are reaping what we sowed. By exploiting the girls without regard for their all too brief shelf life, we have effectively shat in our own nest.

So what is the answer, short of paying them for every picture posted?

I had a simple message to help sway girls who showed reluctance to be posted (I always told them the pics were to be posted) - I related the story of Fah the Amazon from So What Bar who was the first girl featured in my thread "Pattaya's Finest", the original thread, not Part Two from a few months back.

I heard from a friend of Fah that she was very happy about her pictures on the site. She had over 100 barfines the following month & made big money. Today Fah is a post-op, no doubt part paid for by her increased popularity.

Just when you think it is a good luck story, up pops the unintended consequence......        
                    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(pacman @ Dec. 31 2010,11:33) Just when you think it is a good luck story, up pops the unintended consequence......      
                      Intended words?

I wouldn't expect much is popping up for her these days...
                      "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(pacman @ Dec. 31 2010,11:33) And even the most innocent of photos can have devastating consequences for them.
                        How so? I don't think mama and papa are reading the forums out in the village. And even if they are, many of them have groomed little Pookie since birth for the life she is living in order to provide a better life for them.

So perhaps you could enlighten us on these devastating consequences?
                        Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

I wasn't thinking of the parents, it is the loss of sponsorship money which in some cases is putting members of the family through school or university, paying for medical treatment for family or fellow villagers or any other emergency that needs baht.

The shame of having parents & friends discover rude photos of the girl is often confected so as to extract the maximum amount of baht to offset the loss of face. Money always trumps face, unless the person is wealthy in the first place.

Comment

Ok, that does make sense. Although most of the girls that are sponsored are very clear about not allowing photographs, and it's the rare Trip Reporter that has no honor and just disregards his promise to the girl.
                            Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

(kahuna @ Dec. 31 2010,11:56)
                              (pacman @ Dec. 31 2010,11:33) Just when you think it is a good luck story, up pops the unintended consequence......      
                              Intended words?

I wouldn't expect much is popping up for her these days...
                              The unintended pun did occur to me just as I clicked on 'Add Reply'. I thought someone might get me for it.

You might say the conjunction of my post with the post-op was serendipitous...

Comment

Working...
                              X