X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL FOOTBALL Competition

OK Guys and Gals and all those in between!!!!

For the past couple of years we have had a football pick contest and it usually is pretty much a hoot. I personally liked last year's format where we posted 5 games every week but I'm going to throw in an added bonus where the closest to the final score of the Monday night game will get three bonerus points!!!!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to post the games every week but I think we can find others to pick up the slack if I can't do it.

Now I'm going to try and pick the prospective match-ups but any input on future weeks will be accepted with great appreciation!!!

Okay WEEK 1

Game 1

Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers

Vegas Line: Carolina by 5.5

A lot of "Experts" are picking Carolina to go all the way this year mainly based on their destruction of the Bears and the one man show of Steve Smith. Atlanta still has the athletic talents of Michael Vick who in this man's opinion has yet to reach the potential he was displaying in his rookie year.

My pick is Carolina

Game 2

Dallas Cowboys at Jacksonville Jaguars

Vegas Line: Jacksonville by 2.5

The Bill Parcell's era in Big D enters year 3 with the added sideshow of T.O. and his magical stationary bkie show!!!! Jacksonville I feel is pretty underrated with a tougher then nails QB like Leftwich but he did lose Jimmy Smith which will affect his long passing game.

My Pick is Jacksonville

Game 3

Cincinnati Bengals at Kansas City Chiefs

Vegas Line: KC by 3

The Larry Johnson era is about to take off full steam now in KC with Priest Holmes no longer clogging the area in front of him. The Bengals were the talk of the NFL last year with Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson leading the way. The question is how strong is Palmer's knee because without him at full strength the Bengals turn into pussycats.

My Pick is: Kansas City

Game 4

Baltimore Ravens at Tampa Bay Bucaneers

Vegas Line: Tampa Bay by 3

Chris Sims enters the year as the starter for the first time since college and the Ravens bring in one of their old enemies in as their QB in Steve McNair one of the toughest players in the league. I think it will take more then McNair's toughness in this one.

My Pick is Tampa Bay

Game 5

Indianapolis Colts at New York Giants

Vegas Line: Colts by 3

What kind of a first week of picks would this be without the match-up of the Mannings. Eli vs Peyton!!!! There are alot of people that feel that younger bro Eli is really the better QB but until he has the stats his brother posesses he is still the younger Manning. Not to mention that Peyton has Marvin HArrison and Brandon Stokely whereas Eli only has (Bless his Maize and Blue heart) Amani Toomer and a very overrated Jeremy Shockley.

My pick is the Colts after all it's not Big game for Peyton to lose

Monday Night Bonus Special

Minnesota Vikings at Washington Redskins

Vegas Line: Washington by 4.5

Two semi-bland Monday night games this week and I think this one has a slight bit more pizzazz.......New coaching regime in Minny and the Skins without Clinton Portis.........OK whoever picks the winner and gets closest to the final score gets 3 bonerus points. IE: Washington 21 Minnesota 17 is the final and you picked Washington 23 Minnesota 19 you could be the winner!!!!

My pick is: Washington Redskins 24 Minnesota Vikings 16

Any suggestions to this format will be accepted with gratuitous pleasure!!!!!

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
    ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Some good games and good analysis Smuttley!!

question about the bonus. assuming washington wins 21-17 which of the two scenarios below is closer to the final score?

Wash 38 Minn 0 Total 38
    or
    Wash 24 Minn 17 Total 41

Comment

Lets go with the second one PD.......closer to the actual score instead of total points.......What do you think??

”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

But you must pick the winning team right?

Wash 7 Minn 0 beats Min 20 Wash 18?

Comment

(smuttleydfs @ Sep. 04 2006,11:13) ..OK whoever picks the winner and gets closest to the final score gets 3 bonerus points.
          Yep that's the ticket then.........whoever gets closest to the actual score AND picks the winner get the boner......us points

Comment

Okay Smuttledfs, Here are my picks:
            1. I like the Panthers or Atlanta
            2. I like the Cowboys of Jax
            3. I like the Bengals
            4. I like Tampa Bay
            5. I like the Colts

Monday Night pick, I like Washington 27 over Minnesota 17.

Thanks

Pheaglers

Comment

Sorry Smut, the of and or shit means "over"

Sorry

Pheagler

Comment

Game 1 - Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers
                Game 2 - Dallas Cowboys at Jacksonville Jaguars
                Game 3 - Cincinnati Bengals at Kansas City Chiefs
                Game 4 - Baltimore Ravens at Tampa Bay Bucaneers
                Game 5 - Indianapolis Colts at New York Giants

Monday Night Bonus Special - Minnesota Vikings - 13 at Washington Redskins - 24

My picks are in BOLD!

By the way - I am famously crap at this so if you pick the opposite of me you'll probably be just fine!

SB!  

Comment

1. Carolina
                  2. Jacksonville
                  3. Cincinnatti
                  4. Tampa
                  5. collts

Monday Minnesota 20-17
                  seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

here goes
                    panthers over the falcons
                    bengals over the chiefs
                    cowboys ove jags
                    bucs over ravens, a stinker of a game too
                    colts over the giants-forgive me
                    vikings over skins w the points
                    vikings 17, skins 21
                    Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

(smuttleydfs @ Sep. 05 2006,00:13) Not to mention that Peyton has Marvin HArrison and Brandon Stokely whereas Eli only has (Bless his Maize and Blue heart) Amani Toomer and a very overrated Jeremy Shockley.
                      shockey overated!!!! and dont forget about plaxico buress! Giants are winning this game! winning big!

Comment

(celcius @ Sep. 05 2006,15:20)
                        (smuttleydfs @ Sep. 05 2006,00:13) Not to mention that Peyton has Marvin HArrison and Brandon Stokely whereas Eli only has (Bless his Maize and Blue heart) Amani Toomer and a very overrated Jeremy Shockley.
                        shockey overated!!!!    and dont forget about plaxico buress! Giants are winning this game! winning big!
                        Make your picks Guy......back up your boasts!!!!

Comment

Game 1 - Carolina Panthers
                          Game 2 - Jacksonville Jaguars
                          Game 3 - Kansas City Chiefs
                          Game 4 - Tampa Bay Bucaneers
                          Game 5 - New York Giants

Monday Night Bonus Special - Minnesota Vikings - 14 at Washington Redskins - 21

Comment

And BTW Steelers over the Dolphins by a country mile tomorrow!!
                            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Game 1 - Carolina Panthers
                              Game 2 - Dallas Cowboys
                              Game 3 - Cincinnati Bengals
                              Game 4 - Tampa Bay Bucaneers
                              Game 5 - Indianapolis Colts

Monday night bonus - Redskins 13 Vikings 6

Comment

Working...
                              X