Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (patrick @ Nov. 23 2008,21:44) Yes, very good book Mick and now an equally good sequel, "World without end"
    I just read "The book Thief" by Markus Zusak" Google it to read the plot on Wickpedia. It is a very unusual book about a young German girl in WW2. an excellent read.
    I've got the sequel ready to go after I finish this one
    No honey, no money!!

Comment

• Just finished 'The Gaudi Key' A kind off spanish version of the divinci code, Good read if you need some escapism! Not to be taken to seriously, but a good point about the book is the references to Antoni Gaudi a very maverick architect from the turn of the century.
      i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

• Go to Barcelona mate and check out the buildings and park all designed by Gaudi - fascinating stuff
        No honey, no money!!

Comment

• Big mick, i've always wanted to go to barcelona and must admit to admiring La Sagrada Familia from afar. Kinda strange really because i have always had an interest in religeous architecture although i'm not a religeous person. A lot of the Gothic architecture is really quite something!

Comment

• agreed re Gothic Architecture

Sagrada Famiglia is weird as it's still not completed - but worth seeing. My favourite sight in Barcelona is the Park Guell by Gaudi. Kind of hard to describe but an amazing place

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.c...ark-guell.html
            Attached Files
            No honey, no money!!

Comment

• Admittedly i did google Gaudi the other day! I came up with a lot of photos and articles about some of his lesser known work! One thing i found interesting was that the japanese love his work, probably the perfection aspects of his designs!

This book you have just read by ken follet, is it a serious book about 12th cent cathedrals or a novel? Sorry i have heard of him, but i'm not familiar with his work.

Comment

• It's a novel - good stuff (in a historical context). Check it out
                No honey, no money!!

Comment

• Will do mate, cheers

Comment

• Another of Bryce Courtenay
                    "Solomon's Song" Set in early last century Australia.
                    ISBN-10: 0 14 300458.1 Part of a trilogy

I like this guys writing style. Hard to put down once you start. He's written about 16 books and I'm slowly getting through the lot.

Comment

• Just started The Shakespheare secret by Jl carrell, looking reasonable at the moment!

Any of you read any of the Harry potter series? I have not as of yet and probably will not. Only reason i ask is there is another release this week by Jk rowling. The book is called The Tales Of Beedle The Bard. Not sure if this directly related to Potter.

I read yesterday that Jk had produced six hand written copies also illustrated by herself and given five of them to persons involved directly with the Harry Potter series, with the other copy expected to fetch 1.95 million pounds at auction with the proceeds being donated to a childrens charity founded by Jk.

Comment

• Those who read the stuff on cathedrals, have you read Fulcanelli's "The mystery of the cathedrals"? I'm kinda looking for that book....

On a side note I'm reading "Darkness over Tibet" by Theodore Illion.

Comment

• Have you tried amazon? You can normally find most books there.

Comment

• http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fulcane....&sr=8-5
                            No honey, no money!!

Comment

• Just tried amazon and they have two copies.

Looks like big mick and myself will be known as the cathedral guys now!

Comment

• Harry Potter books are better than the movies

Just finished
                                Biomimicry - Innovation Inspired by Nature
                                Janine M Benyus ISBN 0-06-053322-6 600Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X