Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tyson movie was a drama /documentary,so it was probably the one you saw.It changed my opinion of him completely ,both on a professional boxing level ,and as a human being level.I never saw /heard such honesty from anybody as i saw/heard from mike tyson in that film.And there is no more endearing quality than honesty .

As for footie,who did you see Pele play football for? His club record was very poor,and he never played anywhere except Brazil.(I know about ny cosmos-but they were glorified testimonial matches)
    His International career was exceptional,but he was playing in an exceptional team.Brazil would have won those world cups without him anyway.
    Contrast that record with Maradona-he virtually won the '86 world cup on his own-had a fantastic club record with Barcelona and Napoli(where he took them from obscurity to 2 italian titles).They have even put a statue up to him in Naples!
    Beckenbauer,Zidane, Cruyff,Platini and George Best would all get my vote ahead of Pele,a true media darling and "yes" man .A great player in a great team was Pele,but the greatest ever?-no way!

Comment

Mia Hamm...
      "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

To say The NASL in the late 70's was nothing more than "testimonial" matches honestly shows some arrongance TB. It wasnt the level of the top European Leagues but they had some decent teams and lots of competitive matches. I saw Pele in person probably about 10 times. He was brillant. Maybe we should start another thread on this. Back then you didnt have a lot of top players playing in different foreign leagues. Hell, you didnt even have that 15 years ago.

Vert true comment about Maradonna and Napoli. If you remember that World Cup in 1986 he did have some help. I distinctly remember Burruchaga scoring a few goals the Argentinas defense was very solid as well...
        Be careful out there!

Comment

I know he wasn't a heavyweight but seeing as we are going a little my favourite fighter was Marvelous Marvin Hagler .

Its very difficult to compare people from different times and era's , but I'd say Ali was the greatest heavyweight I've seen .

Maradona was the most naturally gifted footballer I've seen also and as Travis has stated he won tournaments almost single handed so he gets the nod from me .
          Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(BlueBallz @ Jun. 04 2010,03:14) To say The NASL in the late 70's was nothing more than "testimonial" matches honestly shows some arrongance TB. It wasnt the level of the top European Leagues but they had some decent teams and lots of competitive matches.  I saw Pele in person probably about 10 times.  He was brillant.  Maybe we should start another thread on this.  Back then you didnt have a lot of top players playing in different foreign leagues.  Hell, you didnt even have that 15 years ago.

Vert true comment about Maradonna and Napoli.  If you remember that World Cup in 1986 he did have some help.  I distinctly remember Burruchaga scoring a few goals the Argentinas defense was very solid as well...
            BB-the nasl wasnt the level of the bottom european leagues,never mind the top.Tackling was frowned upon!They were glorified testimonials -All the top european players went there for a final pay day-including the one and only george best-did you ever see him play?Pele incidentally named George as the greatest player in the world.
            Pele wouldn't have lasted 2 minutes in Europe-I remember the '66 world cup-he soon bottled it when the tackles came flying in.So,you remeber Burruchaga from the '86 team,name another without googling....bet you can't,the point I'm making is....Maradona was the team

Marvellous Marvin ,Tommy Hearns and Roberto Duran,Sugar ray Leonard...what great fighters they were....

Comment

(BlueBallz @ Jun. 03 2010,21:25) You might think Tyson was railroaded in INdy when he got sent down for rape.  In my mind, I have no doubt he raped that girl.  He had exhibited violent behavior and agressiveness towards women in the past.  Tyson was/is a violent dude.  I dont know why but Don King really screwed the pooch in this case.  You would think he would have wanted to protect his "investment".  Did you know the guy that defended Tyson in court was a fucking TAX ATTORNEY??  Yep and it was Don Kings choice.  Why??  i have no fucking clue.  At his trial Tyson testified in his own defense and he didnt come off well at all.  Thats a BIG reason he got sent down.

Tyson was an incredibly fresh, exciting fighter who did well to restore a lot of popularity to boxing.  He cleaned up/out the heaveywieght division and was on top of the world.  I remember he was starting to get TONS of product endorsement and the general public liked him.  His fights were events.  It didnt matter whom he fought.  He was the man.  Then he split form the people who got him there.  Robin Givens and her Mom got their meat hooks into him and then Don King came along.
              King is the worst thing that happened to Tyson,a despicable human being-look at King's own conviction for kicking a man to death who owed him a few dollars.
              Maybe he did rape that woman,but was he as guilty as OJ Simpson was?Don King wanted Tyson to go to prison so he could steal his money maybe.Tyson has accused King of stealing over $200 million dollars from him!Maybe thats why he appointed a tax lawyer-rather than oj simpson's lawyers.When he left prison,he was a changed man,changed for the worse.
              Mike was very embittered by it all,and who could blame him.Not the greatest ever heavyweight ,but on the shortlist for me.

Comment

(travis bickle @ Jun. 04 2010,06:08) King is the worst thing that happened to ................
                ...... fill in the blank
                Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

I dont google it but wasnt jorge valdano on that team and wasnt the goalkeeper named Goicoechea?? If those two were on the team thats pretty fucking good as I am getting to the stage where I foget why I walked into a certain room....
                  Be careful out there!

Comment

King is a dirtbag but the reason why tyson is broke is, well, Tyson himself. He, like may others of his ilk, lived a Roman Abramovich lifestyle. The difference between the two is the that theif Roman still has MILLIONS rolling in daily while Tyson's spigot has long since dried up....
                    Be careful out there!

Comment

• (BlueBallz @ Jun. 03 2010,21:25) You might think Tyson was railroaded in INdy when he got sent down for rape.  In my mind, I have no doubt he raped that girl.  
                      You are apparently basing your no doubt on his prior reputation, because as Vincent Bugliosi pointed out in detail, there was no physical evidence to support the charge of rape. There was evidence to support reasonable doubt. There was sex, but it was consensual. Later, when the girl realized she was a one nighter for Tyson, she cried rape.
                      “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                      ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

• (jimslim @ Jun. 04 2010,03:24) I know he wasn't a heavyweight but seeing as we are going a little   my favourite fighter was Marvelous Marvin Hagler .

Its very difficult to compare people from different times and era's , but I'd say Ali was the greatest heavyweight I've seen .

Maradona was the most naturally gifted footballer I've seen also and as Travis has stated he won tournaments almost single handed so he gets the nod from me .
                        If we are to include all weight classes, more or less pound for pound, IMO, by the time he hangs up the gloves the all time best boxer ever could very likely be Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Super smart, technically sound, and as quick of hands as anyone's ever had. He is just mind boggling. Best defensive fighter ever. Nearly impossible to get a good clean shot on him.

The Filipinos love their Manny Pacquiao, but whenever the two of them fight my money would be on Floyd, if I were a betting man.
                        “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

• Cassius Clay by far the Best ever boxer.
                          Attached Files
                          My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

• I once met Barry McGuigan who was then World Featherweight Champion.

One of the nicest, most genuine people Ive ever had the pleasure to meet.

But as I discovered after about 60 seconds of showing him around where I worked he is probably thicker than two short planks!

We all thought that boxing was probably about the only thing he was capable of doing.    

RR.
                            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                            Kahuna

Comment

• I've always wanted to Fight Michael Carbajal.  He was a little faster than I was but I could punch twice as hard as him.  
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Carbajal

Mirimark;
                              8W, 2L, 1D. in 1985
                              Attached Files
                              My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

Working...
                              X