Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like there's a ton of hotels from Hotel81 that are in the Geylang area.

http://www.hotel81.com.sg/hotels.shtml

Anyone know which one is the "most" convenient in relation to the locations of OT and Rowell? Any help would be, of course, greatly appreciated.
    I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

I'd have to agree with all the comments floating about.
      The best place to stay in Singapore would be Bencoolen for reasonable rates and proximity to the Rowell station. Otherwise, find a budget hotel in geylang and you'll get more of a LOS feel to things.

If you are on business, avoid those two options and stay somewhere nicer otherwise stay at these places and just lie about where you're located.

Comment

Good Stuff here, Enjoy your trip Rick
        You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Anyone know which one is the "most" convenient in relation to the locations of OT and Rowell? Any help would be, of course, greatly appreciated.
          Why? Are you going to go grace us with your presence?

No cheapo hotels near OT that I know of.....that is a posh shopping area. If you go to OT, the assumption is you live here or you are on business staying at a nice business hotel nearby eg Hilton, Orchard Hotel, lots of other big names.

Lots of Hotel 81's and other budget places near Geylang and Rowell

Friedfunk and Kleetora, correct me if I am wrong......I am just a tourist, you guys know way more than me! (Maybe not about OT, since that is near my house!)
          Mister Arse

Comment

Indeed I am Stewart. I will be there sometime in March for a week or so. I'll be staying in the business district during the workweek but plan to extend my stay in SG for a few days thereafter for some, ahem, personal time. Probably not a great idea to arrive back at my hotel with company in tow, especially as I'll be staying with several colleagues and clients. But alls fair game after!

Thanks all for the helpful info.
            I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Hey DP, the central business district is quite near town. Heck everywhere in Singapore is near everywhere else. It's a VERY small country, only 272 square miles. But I'm not sure about the guest policies of your particular hotel. I'd go with a hotel in Bencoolen. It's where all the cool Bens stay.

Do try to write a TR of your stay here. Haven't read about your adventures in a long time.

Comment

Will do!

Friedfunk, you sound like a local? Maybe I'll hit you up and take you for a pint when I arrive (sometime in late March it seems to be). Your info has been VERY helpful. Keep on writing - I'm sure others on the board appreciate your efforts as well!

Comment

Sure, PM me when you're in town. We'll bone the lbs to oblivion in Rowell, OT and Geylang. And maybe throw in an aircon or 2.

Comment

Dude.....Look for the Hotel81 and Fragrance Hotel Chain...
                    Its probably your best options...the ones i like are near Lavender...5 to 10 mins walk to the Subs and 10 mins ride to town..

10 mins walk to Rowell and Geylang red light district.. but still a nice clean hood.

Comment

I stayed in the rendevous hotel on Bras Basher road,good middle range hotel,payed £69 a night with breakfast,that was with asiarooms.com.
                      Took a LB from romeos OT,explained that i could not go to my digs,so she took me to hotel 81 Bencoolen,to my fucking dismay it was practically next door to my hotel.
                      Anyway cut a long story short(good time), Rendevous would be a good hotel as the side door is on the main road,if you walk straight on this road it runs into orchard road,and straight to orchard towers.The side doors can be discreet for those of you who need
                      discretion. Only thing i will add this hotel is a good value home from home with a good pool and gym,and probably a really good location for everything.
                      Orchar towers is a good walk,so you could get a cab,as it is cheap enough.
                      Can not add any info about rowell as i did not know this place. There is a kopitam restaurant about 50 meters up from the side enterance of the hotel ,the resturant is on Bencoolen street( about 30 meters up the road from the 7/11) cheapest beer in town and good food with a fuck off big screen showing English football!!
                      i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

(marshal @ Mar. 31 2008,09:58) I stayed in the rendevous hotel on Bras Basher road,good middle range hotel,payed £69 a night with breakfast,that was with asiarooms.com.
                        Wow..you paid nothing! Now they are asking for 99 GBP
                        Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Hotel room rates in Singapore are shooting towards the sky. There's a general shortage whenever there's an international event taking place in SG and you can imagine how the hotel executives will take advantage of that. I've had to put up some visitors at 3-4 star hotels that costs 300+ per night. It's really not amusing.
                          Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again.

Comment

(Looker @ Mar. 31 2008,14:42)
                            (marshal @ Mar. 31 2008,09:58) I stayed in the rendevous hotel on Bras Basher road,good middle range hotel,payed £69 a night with breakfast,that was with asiarooms.com.
                            Wow..you paid nothing! Now they are asking for 99 GBP
                            Just checked asiarooms.com,the prices have shot up,i stayed there 5 months ago. sorry info on price is wrong ,didn't think to re-check prices befor i posted.
                            i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

This is my first time in Singapore, and I have found all this info very usefull!

Some clients are putting me up at Raffles, which I understand is quite nice. What is the policy with bringing guests back? LOS is mostly flexible as you all know, but not sure as to Sin?

I will be in town from the 21st on for a week, quite keen to explore the local scene!

Comment

my two cents - when I was in Sing I stayed at the Orchard Parade Hotel from memory its #1 Orchard Rd so your right at the top of the shopping area. Reasonably piced compared to other hotels on Orchard although not 5 star. Nobody in the lobby blinked when I brought home a gorgeous LB either ...

just jump on www.wotif.com and see what you can come up with!

Comment

Working...
                                X