Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have not stayed raffles but have been there a few times to drink. over the last couple of years very expensive!!!
    If i was in your shoes and you use the orchard towers, make use of the 81 chain or let your date take you to a st hotel, this ain't los. A place like Raffles they are likely to remeber you when you go back.
    A couple of good restaurants that might take your fancy are MY HUMBLE HOUSE. in the esplanade, LES AMIS just down the road from the marriot orchard,up scotts road opposite pacific plaza,any hawker stand(great) and there is a cracking place doing good wagyu beef 100m down from raffles on bras basah rd in the chjimes building. Happy times
    i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

Sorry almost forgot and a big welcome to the forum acrg91! You didn't have a bit part in starwars with c3p0 and r2 d2 did you?

Comment

(acgr91 @ Jul. 08 2008,06:16) Some clients are putting me up at Raffles, which I understand is quite nice. What is the policy with bringing guests back? LOS is mostly flexible as you all know, but not sure as to Sin?
        If you're staying at Raffles, your clients must be going a long way to impress you.

I've heard from 1 of the BM here about how he brought a lb back to his hotel, Raffles, and the counter staff sorta chimed in and remarked something to the substance of, "Sir, you do know that's a boy you're bringing back, right?"

Something's not quite right with the service policy if that should happen to you.

If you're doing the ST deed, the girls should know of which ST hotels to bring you to. Most would probably suggest the H81 at Bencoolen, which is a real monger's put up. But the sheets are as clean as can be.
        Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again.

Comment

Thank you all for the advice! And the warm welcome

You didn't have a bit part in starwars with c3p0 and r2 d2 did you?
          Yes, I was the inappropriately erect robot in the background, constantly bumping into everyone expectantly!

If i was in your shoes and you use the orchard towers, make use of the 81 chain or let your date take you to a st hotel, this ain't los. A place like Raffles they are likely to remeber you when you go back.
          How do you mean? Raffles staff will remember me, or the local lb's?
          In any case from what you say, it seems it might be an idea to use some ST hotel, and keep Raffles strictly business. I usually don't bother as I don't much care what people think, but when in a new place, better be cautious until I know what overall reactions are like, I guess.
          Also, am definitely trying out the restaurants, have heard amazing things about Singapore food!

Comment

Sorry if misunderstood , most mongers don't like to mix buisness and pleasure. You might have to go back there on buisness, and most don't want an embaressing situation, if you are out and open about ts,lb's who cares.

Can you post about good eats in the restaurants threads if you find some diamonds, as i love the place ,the food, and culture. There are so many eatries there it will blow your socks, and most like a good meal!
            I always wondered what the robot with the stiff was doing, did you do jedi as well?

Comment

Working...
            X