Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing I can say about nitelife in Korea is - $$$$$$. Bring lots!! Perhaps not as bad as Tokyo but close. I think sumttleydfs is the resident Seoul expert. You could PM him for more info.

Comment

Tokyo is VERY expensive. I'm suffering now...

Comment

A few random notes...some of this stuff has appeared in past threads and I'm pretending to be a Korean expert. Smuttley is the man for that!

Until recently, foreigners had four relatively easy choices in Itaewon - Yobo Yobo and Boccachio (expensive even by Korean standards) and Trans Rose and Akasaka (cheaper and basically in line with "normal" Korean hostess bars - only US$10 per lady drink!). I've been to Yobo Yobo a couple of times - gorgeous LBs but a lot of them don't speak English, not even broken English, so if you speak zero Korean, it can actually be surprisingly boring. Surprising because normally being surrounded by beautiful LBs is anything but boring! I suspect if you speak even a smattering of Korean, it can be a lot more fun. I got the impression that most girls at Yobo Yobo are cut, but couldn't even guess what percentage is or isn't.

Never been to Boccachio so can't comment.

Akasaka used to be foreigner-friendly - the mama-san (a not very attractive crossdresser named Dong Hwa [no joke]) spoke decent English and apparently at least some of the girls were reasonably fluent. Akasaka changed hands recently and apparently the entire staff had turned over - foreigners are no longer welcome at Akasaka.

At least a couple of the Akasaka girls are now working at Trans Rose. Trans Rose welcomes foreigners so it's probably the best option for guys who just want to have a look around and not spend too much cash. Would have to say that the Trans Rose girls are the least attractive I've seen (the Akasaka staff normally hang around outside their bar so all of us foreigners can see what we're missing out on!) and I don't know that I'd go back frankly.

The infamous Hooker Hill is allegedly full of posties - I don't go there at all these days as it's a pretty depressing set-up. Very hard to describe, but anyone who's been there will know what I mean.

Seoul veterans have mentioned on the board that they've successfully picked up at the gay bars in Itaewon...suspect you'd have to be very lucky.

The bottom line is that if you have to go to Seoul for career reasons, it's not the end of the world. Despite the incredibly high cost compared to BKK, you'll also be earning a hell of a lot more than you would have been in BKK so the relativities work out. On the other hand, don't go there expecting to find LB heaven...Singapore would be a lot better.

Comment

Triple .... tq for this really informative reply. If it's not a LB heaven what about GG?

Comment

For GGs, much better. I work for an organisation that has over about 2 dozen expats working in Seoul - there's only about 150 employees in the whole organisation so it's quite a reasonable percentage. I'm not joking when I say that every single one of the expats who was single when he arrived in Seoul hooked up with a local girl within 6 months of landing. Obviously I haven't seen every single gf, but of the half dozen or so that I have seen, they ranged from "ok, I'd do her if she asked and I had nothing else planned" to absolutely stunning.

Comment

sounds not soo bad .... n still can fly in my LB from Malaysia or Thailand

Comment

KC, be careful before you opt to go there , i have been lucky enought to work in a lot of Asian countries and I would say Seoul and Korea in general is the least fun, the language barrier seems to be tougher than just about anywhere else,I  the passable LBs look like..er... Korean girls funnily enough,I actually got a bit of a taste for Korean women too after being there for a couple of months but its hard work for LBs, the above info on where to go is pretty accurate.

SE Asia it most certainly is not
                When she walks, she’s like a samba
                That swings so cool and sways so gentle

Comment

Originally posted by
                  Tokyo is VERY expensive. I'm suffering now...
                  xanderjd:
                  Im thinking of going to Tokyo for a weekend for old times sake, only a couple of hours away for me, u think i could compact enough action in one weekend to make it worthwhile?
                  When she walks, she’s like a samba
                  That swings so cool and sways so gentle

Comment

.... amybe I shall take my wife and open a thai spa

Comment

Anyone had any good LB experiences in Korea? I've heard of the Yobo-Yobo Club in Seoul...but if anyone knows holler. I heard Korea sucks anyway...

Take it Easy and Sleazy!
                      Pattaya Lover

Comment

Appologies if this has been addressed before in detail, but i couldn't find much by doing a search. Anyone know whats the deal in sk? I've had some fun in malaysia and singapore and wondered if there was much to be found here??

Comment

thanks for your help, doesn't sound too promising

Comment

Can anyone with relatively recent (say last 3 months) experience provide an update?

I may be in Seoul next week on biz...have been to Yobo Yobo and Trans Rose before so I know where to go...but have had some fairly ordinary and expensive experiences with LBs from both bars so frankly I'm not sure whether to even bother heading down to Itaewon. However, if anyone has recently had a good experience, I could be persuaded...

Cheers

Comment

Hey, yeah well i wouldnt waste your time! SK ladyboys are only after the cash! and in bars thats real expensive (as im sure you already know) having to buy sets at won100,000 or more! and the fact that koreans dont really like foreigners (especially caucasions!) So better to save your dosh and head elsewhere and keep SK for the shopping! But you could always try!
                              PS i lived there for 3 years so i kinda know what im talking about!

Comment

There is a bar in Itaewon called Ambrosia on the first left side street going up hooker hill. The owner is a very sweet and cute girl named Mindy. she is either a postie or the closest thing i have seen to a true hermphrodite (small knob down there.) If she likes you, she will close her small bar and do you right there (not uncommon in Itaewon.) cost: negotiable, but more than you'll want to pay !!
                                prince o. darkness

Comment

Working...
                                X