Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The music in Guess Bar poll - Please vote!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring it on , what you got in yer box
    a bita everything ....
    everything from huey lewis and the news to coldplay.

Comment

(pacman @ Jun. 28 2008,13:10) Plenty of talent in the bar, it would be nice to join them...
      That about says it all!

Comment

I was there a few weeks back and some great disco was playing. Seems a bit hit and miss generally but not too loud when I've been there and nothing that would ever put me off.

Music, being the 'feelgood' factor for many people - including those who work there (and thats just as important) - can be hard to play to everyone, especially considering the broad range of ages and tastes. Also hard to play it safe as there's rarely a middle-ground when it comes to individuals.

I guess you might try 'theme music' nights every now and then. Not a long-term option, just some fun. Or do try the 'bring a cd' option (with some rules you Heavy Metal fans!), which again could be fun if controlled.

Personally I find disco, soul, pop, some rock or 'power ballad' stuff (*cough*) to be safest - just dont go to extremes like Techno or the stuff you can hear everywhere else that most everyone seems to compain about

Comment

(orgasmaddict @ Jun. 28 2008,13:15) a bita everything ....

Good retort my southern friend , the 2 worst bands in the world

Im still up for BMs DJing at Guess , it could be the best /worst thing that ever happened .
          Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(sev7en @ Jun. 28 2008,13:07) Is that Neil Diamond, jim? You have taste, i know..
            You know who it is , and he loves his ladyboys also
            Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

downloading the weller album now...
              u see this doc
              http://www.paulweller.it/intotomorrowdocumentary.htm

Comment

(sev7en @ Jun. 27 2008,23:32) She needs to realise that the costumers are older guys who likes the Stones.
                Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

(sev7en @ Jun. 27 2008,23:32) She needs to realise that the costumers are older guys who likes the Stones.

I didnt really notice the music volume last time because the bar was dead (9-00 pm -11-00pm on a Friday),  it was more the "Screeching" of the Girls left in the bar ( and there werent that many ) playing pool  
                  Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                  Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

(orgasmaddict @ Jun. 27 2008,21:26) on my last trip i brought a few cds with me... which should still be behind the bar.
                    It was great listening to good tunes in an LB bar..

i reckon on my next trip i should DJ.......Whatcha say Mardi would Jay let oa spin the tunes for the night ...could pull in a bit of a crowd.
                    Perhaps the biggest value added a bar can provide a party host is total control of the music. Who gives a shit about a pig roast?

Don't get up to Bangkok much, just one day this year. The volume and music was OK in the late afternoon.

Comment

(orgasmaddict @ Jun. 28 2008,13:15)
                      Bring it on , what you got in yer box  
                      a bita everything ....
                      Coldplay??

No, Jim, heh, i don´t know , i thought that was Diamond, seriously.?
                      "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

(sev7en @ Jun. 28 2008,11:32) It sucks,(not as bad as LaBamaba) and way too loud. She needs to realise that the costumers are older guys who likes the Stones.
                        I agree. The music is for the customers and not for the workers.

Comment

For me, I think its great.
                          I like the mix of modern 'lounge' and 'chill'; and 80/90's music.

I would say don't change a damn thing.
                          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Too damn loud...
                            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

i enjoyed the mix of music on this trip, and didnt find it to loud to still be able to have a chat to the girls or my companions,

on the first night they were playing lots of 70's and 80's stuff, and then on the tuesday it was old scholl disco stuff, and on the party night just mainstream dance stuff,
                              i say keep as it is for my taste, but undestand others like different music ans levels of noise

Comment

Music is personal taste, Jay well never get it right & please everyone.The girls have to dance, or should I say like to dance, the fucking "rolling stones" yea right.I was a DJ for 20 years, pirate radio, local radio, clubs , wine bars & the like, I have a record collection so vast, it needs its own room.Ok some days the music's good, other days it's not so good,but if I want to listen to good Music, I dont go to a ladyboy Bar, I find a "Music" venue playing the stuff I like & party My little white arse off.
                                Jays in a no win situation, young girls & old men with very different tastes in music, cant see how she can please us all.

Seamus
                                Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

Working...
                                X