Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The music in Guess Bar poll - Please vote!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why wouldn't Nick Cave & the Badseeds get a run at Guess?

He can't be any worse than some of the stuff I have heard there.

You show good taste there Mr Slim, & old Nick can't be all bad, why he even did a number with our Kylie
    Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(Beavis @ Jun. 28 2008,13:25) However it was a very pleasant change from every other bar I visited, either in Bangkok or Pattaya, and worth noting for those that didn't appreciate being deafened by distorted techno.
      Same here, I dont like been "deafened" by techno even though my music tastes can be anything from  "Jazz" ( Nice) to "Punk Rock" dependant on my mood.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MsQYzpOHpik

I do however really enjoy my times drinking in the Pool Bar near Big Dogs ( Day-Night bar or whatever its called) where they play Heavy Rock music (AC/DC, Guns n Roses, Stones etc) pretty loud    

P.S. How's Butthead?  
      Your got yer Mother in a whirl
      Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

(pacman @ Jun. 29 2008,04:08) Why wouldn't Nick Cave & the Badseeds get a run at Guess?    
        Hope not to see him in guess bar with a rock in his fist muttering 'All beauty must die' .
        My own belief is that there is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it were broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprise and horror.  ~W. Somerset Maugham

Comment

Yep I love his sense of humour , check this out shot in a ladyboy bar in Brazil

http://www.youtube.com/v/lOiUPl5GjTE&hl=en">http://www.youtube.com/v/lOiUPl5GjTE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344">
          Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

or this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BhNXJG...eature=related
            Your got yer Mother in a whirl
            Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

i think now music and volume is nice already Guess bar is not same everybar many guys come to guess bar can relax not tomuch loud sound and can talk with girl good and music is ok not tomuch fast because in guess bar not a-gogo the girl not have to dance hehe
              i think some music R&B is good slow and goodsound
              ::but for me i prefer R&B

Comment

I agree with Vivian , except i prefer House or Trance Music .

Comment

when i was spending my nights in the bar in january, they were playing some good tunes,lounge music and some good dance tracks. imo it was a bit loud,but after afew drinks and some good company you tend not to notce it to much. it will never put me of spending my evenings there when in town. roll on september 7

Comment

pretty simple - annoying enough to stay away !

Comment

IMO the music was not that bad, but the volume was too high for me. Had a hard time talking inside so ended up sitting outside. I wouldn't mind some Nick Cave in the bar either. Missed his concert in May because I was shagging LB's in Thailand so I cannot really complain.
                      Back in LOS in February  

Comment

ive never really noticed the music one way or another... my eyes are usually in dominant mode over my ears...

Comment

Has anyone noticed a change in music volume or type of music played - I have not been in the bar in a week or so, but I know Jay was surprised at this feedback (not that anyone else was) - her perception is that everyone likes it like that - my retort was the people who like will invariably say so, those that dont, will just check bin and leave (i.e. smart enough NOT to mention it for fear of being negative or critical, which tends not to be so smart in a bar, let alone a LB bar). I think Jay is slowly coming round to understanding that her customer base is for the most part aged between 40-60 and they tend not to be queing up to buy the latest techno CD being released.

Would be interesting to see if there has been any change in what they play though or especially the volume its played at.

Cheers
                          Mardhi

Comment

(mardhi @ Jul. 04 2008,20:39) Has anyone noticed a change in music volume or type of music played - I have not been in the bar in a week or so, but I know Jay was surprised at this feedback (not that anyone else was) - her perception is that everyone likes it like that - my retort was the people who like will invariably say so, those that dont, will just check bin and leave (i.e. smart enough NOT to mention it for fear of being negative or critical, which tends not to be so smart in a bar, let alone a LB bar). I think Jay is slowly coming round to understanding that her customer base is for the most part aged between 40-60 and they tend not to be queing up to buy the latest techno CD being released.

Would be interesting to see if there has been any change in what they play though or especially the volume its played at.

Cheers
                            Mardhi
                            The poll should have been worded differently.

With dozens of people reading the forum, you will never get any kind of consencus on what TYPE of music....you will likely get several dozen different repliesw

The question should just have been about the volume
                            Mister Arse

Comment

(mardhi @ Jul. 04 2008,20:39) I think Jay is slowly coming round to understanding that her customer base is for the most part aged between 40-60 and they tend not to be queing up to buy the latest techno CD being released.        
                              So i hope this means Stones and Foo Fighters in the bar.
                              "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

(mardhi @ Jul. 04 2008,20:39) ...I think Jay is slowly coming round to understanding that her customer base is for the most part aged between 40-60 and they tend not to be queing up to buy the latest techno CD being released...
                                Why is it that in Thailand, with a few notable exceptions, dance music equates to techno or some cheesy variation ? I'm 51 and can appreciate quality dance...tech-house, minimal and deep house being personal favourites. Just because we're in the 40-60 bracket doesn't automatically mean we're Cleo Laine and Johnny Dankworth fans !
                                You men eat your dinner, eat your pork and beans
                                I eat more chicken, than any man ever seen, yeah, yeah

Comment

Working...
                                X