Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The music in Guess Bar poll - Please vote!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Middle aged, middle of the road customers in a more middle of the road lounge bar......it's not rocket science that you should play normal music at normal volumes surely?

i had this theory that there was one long continuous loop of music which ran through every gogo bar and the dj was there just in case the loop snapped...

Comment

Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

(pacman @ Jul. 06 2008,18:48) It looks like Stogie's f**ked, maybe a plea bargain might get him off ??
        I suppose posting the pics would be just plain suicidal, right?

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 06 2008,12:04)
          (pacman @ Jul. 06 2008,18:48) It looks like Stogie's f**ked, maybe a plea bargain might get him off ??
          I suppose posting the pics would be just plain suicidal, right?  
          Yes damn right it is, He's flying out soon I think.
          But your a big lad Mr Bear you can take ya chances LOL
          Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 06 2008,20:04) I suppose posting the pics would be just plain suicidal, right?  
            Be my guest ....

.. you are already a deadman walking
            Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

But guvner... I was just keepin' 'er warm for ya!

Comment

This is all well and good - but have they learned that just because the volume knob goes all the way up to number 10, that it does not mean it should be positioned at number 10 the entire time in which the bar is open?

I knew I had hit a raw nerve when I mentioned it before and Jay went off in a huff and next thing I knew I heard the Steely Dan CD being played at a moderate volume and it was bliss (at least to me ) - heck I must becoming a Victor Meldrew character.

Cheers
                Mardhi
                Cheers
                Mardhi

Comment

How about those two CD's of my own compilation which I donated to Guess Bar in January presumably they are getting very little air play otherwise this thread would be overflowing with positive comments

Comment

Probably gone the same way as your two little monkeys mate - i.e now extinct and gone forever.

Cheers
                    Mardhi

Comment

(Stewart @ Jul. 06 2008,17:51) Can't think of anything worse than letting some amateur DJ loose trying to prove that music HE is passionate about is something I should be passionate about.
                      I can.
                      "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

(sev7en @ Jul. 07 2008,03:48)
                        (Stewart @ Jul. 06 2008,17:51) Can't think of anything worse than letting some amateur DJ loose trying to prove that music HE is passionate about is something I should be passionate about.
                        I can.
                        good thing i won't be in for a while. I'll bring a CD with blues on it, an real oldie stuff. Foo Fighters? who's that?
                        Luther Allison, Freddie King, SRV, Albert King, Dire Straits, Steely Dan, J Geils Band, lil P Funk and Sly, David Lindley, Etta James, Dixie Dregs, Jeff Beck, lil Hot Tuna, maybe some Joplin with Big Brother. Anyone up for some cajun, klezmer, boogie woogie or Zappa?

Comment

(JustSumGai @ Jul. 10 2008,16:05)   Anyone up for some cajun
                          Only on chicken wings

Pretty eclectic mix there
                          Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Music!!
                            Do they play music in GUESS bar??
                            Who can think about the music in that place, when all those ANGELS are all over the place.
                            I had my hands full,and didn´t think about what was on

Comment

I've been there a couple of times recently and the music has been great and at a decent volume, too...

Comment

Damn !!

Now what have we got to complain about ?.....      

... beer not cold enough?
                                Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Working...
                                X