Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The music in Guess Bar poll - Please vote!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The music is just a little bit too loud at times.

Choice of music not too bad if I compare it with the Mickey Mouse house they play in so many other bars.

Live DJ let's say once per two weeks could be fun but then what will he/she be playing.

Some gangsta rap would be nice and some bubbling, as well as some real dope ragga dub style.

I think there is a real opportunity here to be playing music people have never ever heard (but just a few tracks).

There is some real interesting world music outthere that most people that appreciate good music will make them wanna stay inside.

Old school house to bring back those memories of the summer of love part one two and three.

Theme nights could work but just a limit for the time it will be played.

1970 disco played on coming friday from 10 to 12
    Tomorow, Soul played from 9 to 10
    Get your ass whobling from 9 to 11 on this coming saturday. Music style: Bubbly!

Something like that.

Just once a week you do something different with the type of music you play at a certain time.

Just try out a few things and see what works.

I have plenty ideas to get more money coming into Guess bar and the girls.

Not only music.

Cheers all,

A-lek
    Only dead fish go with the flow.

Comment

None of the music genres you mention appeals to me.
      What is old school house? Is it house music that is 2 years old?

World music??
      "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

Jesus...Don't turn the bar into a personal jukebox for the customers...

Just keep playing the same music you do now...For us kindasorta regulars...JUST TURN THE VOLUME DOWN PLEASE...
        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(sev7en @ Jul. 05 2008,17:32) What is old school house?
          I think that's the ones without wall insulation.......

RR.
          Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
          Kahuna

Comment

Took two discs to Guess Bar last night...

If you ask for them they will happily play them!

Here are the play lists for both discs...

Felt really good to hear some middle of the road normal tunes there... I stayed for hours and drank loads of beer... I even saw monkeyman!
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's disc two...
              Attached Files

Comment

What did staff think of it?.
                "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 06 2008,13:59) ... I stayed for hours and drank loads of beer...
                  That would be a first for you soupy!
                  A friend in need is a f**king pest

Comment

Well they danced to the danceable ones (especially Sunny - Boney M, which seems to be a timeless classic in their eyes!) and ignored the others...

Didn't seem to be any problems at all.

The place was pretty busy last night with lots of girls and guys...

...and I nearly bar fined Fern for the night when I saw her bend over the pool table! She's looking scrawny but HOT these days!

Comment

Cool. Did you talk to Top?

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

She wasn't there, thankfully. It was peaceful and comfortable without that hyperactive child bouncing off the walls annoying everyone.

Comment

(kahuna @ Jul. 06 2008,06:01) Jesus...Don't turn the bar into a personal jukebox for the customers...

Just keep playing the same music you do now...For us kindasorta regulars...JUST TURN THE VOLUME DOWN PLEASE...
                          I completely agree!

Can't think of anything worse than letting some amateur DJ loose trying to prove that music HE is passionate about is something I should be passionate about.

I am guessing that most customers are NOT interested in learning about new types of music. Most people in middle age and beyond want to hear old favorites, not experiment with trance/bubbly/dope/gangsta/whatever the fuck they are That is one of the reasons why Karl gets such rave reviews in EZY Bar.

Middle aged, middle of the road customers in a more middle of the road lounge bar......it's not rocket science that you should play normal music at normal volumes surely?

PS - More Kylie please .......videos, not music
                          Mister Arse

Comment

Jethro Tull, The Zombies, Bob Marley......great taste in music SB!! I will ask for the SB two disc collection to be played on July 24th. Try to be there and fill your belly up on Brewskies on me!

Comment

over the years i had this theory that there was one long continuous loop of music which ran through every gogo bar and the dj was there just in case the loop snapped
                              no mater where you go you here the same half dozen tracks played if you stay long enough anything different is appreciated

Comment

(stogie bear @ Jul. 06 2008,14:14) ...and I nearly bar fined Fern for the night when I saw her bend over the pool table! She's looking scrawny but HOT these days!  
                                Delete that quickly before harris11 spots it! He will be calling for you to be banned from the forum.

Aaaaaah too late, I see he has logged in already.        

It looks like Stogie's f**ked, maybe a plea bargain might get him off ??            
                                Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Working...
                                X