Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The music in Guess Bar poll - Please vote!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only pulling your leg bkkldby

Welcome to the forum , and great pics by the way
    Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

• (jimslim @ Jul. 14 2008,14:40) Only pulling your leg bkkldby  

Welcome to the forum , and great pics by the way  
      so i have been told.

being a newbie, as i stated before, i threw up my defenses.

in retrospect i am sorry to have taken that swing.

please accept my apologies.

Comment

• You are welcome , Ill be in Guess in 6 weeks time , I'll buy you a beer
        Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

• Who's turn is it to bring the stones and the beards?

RR.
          Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
          Kahuna

Comment

• Hugs all around
            No honey, no money!!

Comment

• (Road Runner @ Jul. 14 2008,16:08) Who's turn is it to bring the stones and the beards?    

RR.
              these guys are into ladyboys?

go figure ...

well, maybe mick is .................

i know, very    joke.

sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

• We need a trip report!

By the way - next time you are in there ASK for one of my CDs and insist on them playing it especially if you are the only customer.

These people don't give a fuck about the customers, same as most other places in Thailand but if you beg, plead or insist you may have some luck.

The only bar who actually plays music you want to hear without being asked is EZY in Pattaya... but even they play it really loud and I think they allow the smokers in after midnight...

Unfortunately; there's no bar that actually truly caters for the customer. This is Thailand where they just don't seem to get it... and they won't ever, so don't even look for a place to call 'home' because you won't find it.

Last time I was in Guess I asked for one of my discs to be played (I was the only customer) and Gong said to wait till the current disc had finished. I didn't even order a drink. I went straight to Lucky Luke's. Assholes. they don't want your money. It's just a retirement home for pool-playing ladyboys.

I'm meeting a couple of guys there tonight... nice and early. I'll see what happens this time and report back.

Comment

• Best group ever, and I would stay in the Guess Bar all night if they played their music
                  Attached Files
                  Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                  Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

• (daveduke007 @ Jul. 14 2008,20:08) Best group ever, and I would stay in the Guess Bar all night if they played their music  

NO, this is the best group ever. and i know this would never be play there so i do not even think it. i go to Patpong, surprisingly many of the NON-king group bars play good solid rock 'n' roll, always have. its a tradition since the Vietnam days.

all i ask is for variety.

actually, i will listen to any genre played well, except techno. even good disco (from the 70's not current disco) is ok, if played at a reasonable volume and not exclusively.

Comment

• (stogie bear @ Jul. 14 2008,18:25) Unfortunately; there's no bar that actually truly caters for the customer. This is Thailand where they just don't seem to get it... and they won't ever, so don't even look for a place to call 'home' because you won't find it.
                      actually there is in BKK.

go to Patpong. any of these three will: Goldfinger, Superstar or Kiss. Maybe Safari still does, not certain.

may be the best rock dj's on the planet are at GF and SS, the 2 older dudes, not the younger ones. they are learning, but they did not grow up with it like the other two. DJ Art and DJ Tum.

the problem with these 3 bars is they have no flesh to speak of worth noticing, GG or lb. but if you want to drink (real drinks that do not pull any punches) and rock out, for sure, the best. and, you can smoke cigars all night if that is your 'thang'.

Comment

• (bkkldby @ Jul. 14 2008,03:38) ]

NO, this is the best group ever.
                        Duane, Gregg, Dickie and the boys!

Don't think I've ever heard them played in the LOS.

Comment

• (PigDogg @ Jul. 15 2008,01:13)
                          (bkkldby @ Jul. 14 2008,03:38) ]

NO, this is the best group ever.
                          Duane, Gregg, Dickie and the boys!    

Don't think I've ever heard them played in the LOS.
                          never have. i think hard core junkies know to stay away.

i first saw them in Boston in 1969 and duane was stilll alive. double bill with the jessie collin young and the youngbloods, it was their farewell concert and they jammed for 3 hours, then the allmans came on.

second time was at a race circuit track, triple bill. grateful dead, allman bros and the band. of course at the end all three played together for hours on end. 650,000 people, pouring rain and no one budged during the entire days concert.

third time was in a state park amphitheater in NY. double bill with floyd on their dark side tour, nothing gets better than a show like that.

last time was in '92, double bill with the blues travelers. and then they all played together. the harp and the guitars in harmony, pure bliss.

i live for    especially guitar bands.

Comment

• (bkkldby @ Jul. 14 2008,05:16) second time was at a race circuit track, triple bill. grateful dead, allman bros and the band. of course at the end all three played together for hours on end. 650,000 people, pouring rain and no one budged during the entire days concert.
                            Sounds like the Watkins Glen concert in the summer of 73.

Comment

• (PigDogg @ Jul. 15 2008,02:32)
                              (bkkldby @ Jul. 14 2008,05:16) second time was at a race circuit track, triple bill. grateful dead, allman bros and the band. of course at the end all three played together for hours on end. 650,000 people, pouring rain and no one budged during the entire days concert.

yes it was, were you there?

what a time.

i ran into the bro of a former flat mate and after the show we got in the car (Pontiac firebird rag top) and drove out to Denver, spent a week with his bro, then went north to Eugene, Oregon, south to Santa Monica, then to Vegas, and back to Denver and then home to NY. all tolled, 9,000+ miles, all with the top down, rain and shine,, in 28 days. went through 3 sets of retread tires, and 2 radiator replacements (the rockies can be a bitch).

when we got to Vegas we had just finished a bottle of Quervo Gold out in the dessert, still wearing our bathing suits from Santa Monica pier, and looking rough. all the guy asked us was if we had money, Vegas, gotta love it.

my dad was furious, it was the middle of building season and i was a foreman. he had consented to 4 day weekend, not 32. my dad, best bud i ever had, we saw led zep together, jimi page did stairway to heaven acoustic and no lyrics. it was before it had come out. played it during the break while sitting in a folding chair with the house lights up. he was soliciting opinions about his new tune.

those were the days.

Nixon was president and it was the first time in my life i saw gas rationing. price jumped from 20-something to 58 a gallon overnight. boy did that screw with our budget.

we also had a set of Koss earphnes hardwired to the pioneer for the dude riding in the back seat...life was grand. American Beauty, Layla with Derik and the Dominoes and Savoy Brown, Hell Bound Train...priceless. Master Card would never understand

Comment

• (PigDogg @ Jul. 14 2008,12:32)
                                (bkkldby @ Jul. 14 2008,05:16) second time was at a race circuit track, triple bill. grateful dead, allman bros and the band. of course at the end all three played together for hours on end. 650,000 people, pouring rain and no one budged during the entire days concert.

Yeah, I was there too! Pouring rain, traffic backed up for miles. I went up early, taking my GF's daughter. GF came up later and had to walk forever.

Hopped a ride on the way down the hill, my friend left his wallet and drugs in the car. The good folks drove down to Long Island from New England the following weekend and returned everything untouched.

Thanks for the memories!
                                "The Ladyboy Collection- start yours today!"

Comment

Working...
                                X