X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Bar thread

Hey guys...... AsianTS has heard through the grapevine that there may be a new bar for ladyboys opening up in downtown Bangkok.  The location is still yet unknown, but it's understood from reliable sources that this new place will be more of a "lounge" type set-up and not your typical go-go bar, which could be a welcomed relief for all you punters tired of the same ol' nonsense and the loud music and come-ons [which are actually big turn-offs!].

The final touches are supposedly being worked on now and this bar could be opening as early as November.  ATS has no association with this new venture so we would really like some  input from you forum readers;  have you heard much about this place?  Location?  Name?     It seems that a  local will be managing and running  this bar, maybe even a knowledgeable ladyboy familiar with the scene, but again all early reports are just hearsay at this point so we won't speculate.

We will keep this thread open for a few weeks which should coincide with the  new bars opening if the rumors are correct; any and all information you guys can supply  would be appreciated,  as this brand new place seems to be shaping up as an alternative to the usual dumps which everyone seems to be tired of going to!

Thanks  

I hope this is true, I for one would spend my time and money there.

Comment

Well, I hope it's true. God knows Bangkok needs a 'Cocktails & Dreams', if you know what I mean.

The four shitpits are quite simply the most horrible places to set foot in. Other than to meet a ladyboy to shag there is no reason to set foot in them.

If Bangkok had a comfortable well lit ladyboy lounge WITHOUT the disco music and hard sell then I'm already a regular.

I hope the rumors are true...

Comment

Its a fairly well known about this plan amongst the BKK ex pat crowd and its a great idea and i wish the gentleman concerned every success.

A large Gin and tonic with ice and lemon please...oh yes and a cola for her!

Comment

This is great to hear...... I always miss all the street gossip when I am away from there for so long [6 months now] but some people have been writing in to tell us there will be a new bar soon which meets this description and it's nice to know that.

So, no more loud, horrible music and girls on the attack?  sounds good.....keep checking this thread for updates

Comment

I know the LB in question who is going to own this and operate it with some close friends of hers - infact, I seem to be her sounding board as are any other LB loving Thai based expats that she comes across as she rapid fires 100 questions about what they like and dislike about bars at the moment. For my part I said that she has to be mindful of a couple of key points:-

1. The staff must not be pushy
            2. The decor must be good and look like its been well thought out
            3. Forget gogo bars - why compete in that market
            4. Serve a wide selection of drink and never use copy spirits
            5. Make the music mainstream and keep the volume down

And lastly my biggest request, please never never have any of those awful shows with some old geriatric LB singing and a bunch of fairies prancing round.

I also know that this is not going to be some multi million dollar bar with bells and whistles everything - its her and her Thai partners money paying for this and the bar is small in size - They are taking a huge gamble - personally I think they will do really well for the simple reason she listens to what people say and takes those ideas on board. Personally I would not expect it to be anywhere near perfect as and when it opens but I believe all of them are smart enough to listen to what people suggest to them in order to make it a better experience and to put those ideas into action.

Cheers
            Mardhi

Comment

Hey,

Is it Jay's Bar on Soi 1 opposite the Marriot on Sutkumvit Road.

Here are some snaps of some of the girls I located off the web.

About time a bar like this opened up adding a bit of class.

After all, most of us are 30+ used to the finer things in life.

Good for newbies such as myself as it will not be so intimidating.

Ang
              Attached Files

Comment

one for the road
                Attached Files

Comment

(mardhi @ Oct. 25 2006,20:00) I know the LB in question who is going to own this and operate it with some close friends of hers - infact, I seem to be her sounding board as are any other LB loving Thai based expats that she comes across as she rapid fires 100 questions about what they like and dislike about bars at the moment.      For my part I said that she has to be mindful of a couple of key points:-

1.  The staff must not be pushy
                  2.  The decor must be good and look like its been well thought out
                  3.  Forget gogo bars - why compete in that market
                  4.  Serve a wide selection of drink and never use copy spirits
                  5.  Make the music mainstream and keep the volume down

And lastly my biggest request, please never never have any of those awful shows with some old geriatric LB singing and a bunch of fairies prancing round.  

I also know that this is not going to be some multi million dollar bar with bells and whistles everything - its her and her Thai partners money paying for this and the bar is small in size - They are taking a huge gamble - personally I think they will do really well for the simple reason she listens to what people say and takes those ideas on board.   Personally I would not expect it to be anywhere near perfect as and when it opens but I  believe all of them are smart enough to listen to what people suggest to them in order to make it a better experience and to put those ideas into action.

Cheers
                  Mardhi
                  hey mardhi read my last post this section goes to solving your show issue

Comment

Has it already opened??
                    Anyway, good luck to everyone involved! It seems as it's the missing link in the LB bar scene in BKK!!!

MK
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

She liked my idea of having a show featuring juggling flaming poodles

I also want her to put in a Dance Dance Revolution machine.
                      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Just a point about those pictures - these models are there to showcase some of the uniforms the new staff may (or may not) be wearing for the bar website - I would not assume that these girls are going to be working in the bar itself - from what I understand, they have not even hired any staff yet although inevitably I am sure some friends have already said they want to work there etc - but as we all know with LB's - believe it when you see it.

Cheers
                        Mardhi

Comment

They should have a small coffee bar in one of the back corners. If you take cream in your coffee, you could pick your favorite ladyboy and for a fee you could take her to the coffee bar in the back corner and whip up some fresh cream. There should be an endless suply of cream. They would not have to deal with an outside suplier and they would not have to worry about the cream sitting on the bar all day and going bad.

Comment

Great news this and seen the info/pics elsewhere too but was glad to see it confirmed here too.

Keep it a nice informal lounge bar and not the shit holes like around nana. As mentioned most of us lb lovers are 30+ and dont want the techno shrill surrounded by "u buy me dlink please" pushy types.

I agree with the statements above & will be def be making this new bar top of my list when it opens. In face told Jay that yday too

All the best

Comment

(Snick @ Oct. 25 2006,18:23) She liked my idea of having a show featuring juggling flaming poodles

I also want her to put in a Dance Dance Revolution machine.
                              Hmmmm - I bet your the guy that asked to her get a Twister set as well ??? I had to rack my brains to think what on earth is she going on about when she said that. Luckily she has no idea what Twister is and long may it remain that way.

Cheers
                              Mardhi

Comment

Working...
                              X