Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(gizmo @ Oct. 28 2006,22:53) Any info on the location?SB.
    Sure...

Sukhumvit Soi 1!

There is a beer bar complex just past the KFC drive thru on the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 1.

Go into this small complex of bars and go UP the stairs (which are located halfway down the right hand side.)

At the top of the short flight of steps, go left and it's the last bar on the right.

All in all; it's a 4 or 5 minute walk from Big Dogs.

Comment

music is the key..... if the music is low, decent, and I can talk with my friends I will hang out there

I don't screw too many ladyboys these days so who works there is no big deal.....having a cool hangout is nice

Comment

Roger that. It has to be something that we can't get from Nana...

Comment

Can't get back to LOS until January (unfortunately)...and I'm terrible with directions...but by then I'm sure the path from NEP to the new bar well be well trodden...just in case drop some bread crumbs OK...
          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

Would a map help?
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the map Stogie.

As to opening dates, as TIT, my money is on later rather than sooner.

Seems some guys are looking for a haven, rather than a having. Nothing wrong with that, but can a Bar survive on drink sales alone ?

Comment

I went to the new bar location with Jay yesterday and she was telling me her ideas and those of her designer friends that are planning it. I have to say I was quite impressed by what I heard - certainly the gay designer bloke seems to have some good ideas - to look at it now, it looks just like any other shit pit to be totally honest, but with a new wooden floor, good lighting and the right decor I think its going to look very different to the current other LB bar offerings. From what I was told, the bar is going to be white Granite with white sheer curtains draped along with entire wall. Sofa's are going to be different colours but all in some kind of theme and the designer guy in his broken English said it will be 'cool and warm feeling' - not sure how he is going to bring that about as they seem to be at odd's with each other but he seemed confident enough. I got a bit worried when they started talking about cactus plants and candles though as featuring heavily in the design. Seems a bit wierd but he seems to know what he is doing. He mentioned Philipe Stark as being an inspiration of his. If anybody knows what that guy has done, maybe you have a better idea than me.

Opening is still expected at end of November from what they were saying yesterday and Jay already has 5 staff hired who are not working working in bars at the moment plus a couple of 'understandings' with some who are but they wont be formalised until things are further down the track.

Incidentally when we walked through the complex at 3pm - the entire place was empty - this is very much a discrete venue for the guy who does not want to be seen.

Cheers
                Mardhi

Comment

I just googled this Philipe Stark guy and ended up on some site with a dozen or so 'designer' hotels. I guess he has designed them or at least the interiors. Now I can see where the sheer curtains have come from. Here is a link to one of the hotels. Have to say looks kinda neat.

http://www.delano-hotel.com

Cheers
                  Mardhi

Comment

(stogie bear @ Oct. 29 2006,00:33)
                    (gizmo @ Oct. 28 2006,22:53) Any info on the location?SB.
                    Sure...

Sukhumvit Soi 1!

There is a beer bar complex just past the KFC drive thru on the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 1.

Go into this small complex of bars and go UP the stairs (which are located halfway down the right hand side.)

At the top of the short flight of steps, go left and it's the last bar on the right.

All in all; it's a 4 or 5 minute walk from Big Dogs.
                    I know exactly where you mean, I stayed in Soi 1 when i came to BKK in september the first Bar that you see as a couple of ladyboys working there ( bit rough but very friendly)
                    It's never okay for men to cry! You know who cries? Girls. And little babies. And little baby girls.

Comment

Hey Mardhi: Has anyone ran my idea of a coffee bar by Jay. I think it would be neat to buy a cup of coffee and then take your favorite ladyboy to the coffee corner and whip up some fresh cream for the coffee.

Comment

..Stogie, could u add a couple of landmarks to your map, like Big Dogs or any other major hangout where the visiting members hang out to meet before a LB hunt?  

Comment

good idea about the map Anicon, would be a big help for the first timer, does anyone have a lay out of Nep? as to where the Lb bars are? tried the search engine no joy, again would be a big help to the Newbies going for there first trip

Comment

http://www.nanadisco.com/Maps/nanaplaza.html

A good map here Jaime24
                            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

your a star KL
                              will stop me from looking to much like the innocent piece of meat they want to eat for dinner (ok maybe not) but at least i'll know where im going now.
                              cheers mate

Comment

recipe and ideas for success at the new LB bar:
                                (mardhi, can you pass this on?)

1. must be something sincerely different from the other bars
                                2. open at lunchtime?
                                3. LBs not allowed to ask for drinks or sit down with you uninvited. let the guy call her over.
                                4. i really like this one ***** how about the LBs wear either a green bracelet or sticker if they have a cock, and a red one if they are post-op so we can better shop for the company of our preference. (or better yet, only have pre-ops)
                                5. no more than a 500 baht barfine

Comment

Working...
                                X