Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You raise a good point Donnny and Jay is of the same opinion as she has remarked to me - "you know most customer in KC3 either stay for one drink and go, or they end staying for hours and spending loads of money" - I said to her well thats because KC3 is so intimidating most people hate the pressure and get the heck out of there after one drink. For sure I know she understands that fully as she has never been in the 'lets surround the customer as soon as he walks in the bar' crowd. Personally I think she should have fewer LB's but of a better character so that this kind of thing is less prevalent - lets face it, half the girls in KC3 are freelancers who get no salary - the only way they get to eat is by pressurising for Lady drinks, tips and getting an off. I'd say the model is wrong but then thats purely my own opinion.

Cheers
    Mardhi

Comment

Some further thoughts.........

In the GoGo bars you can stare at the dancers to see what else is on the menu if you dont want to or cant engage in conversation due to language or lack of subject matter. Personally i still like the GoGos but dont stay quite as long now as 10 years ago as i run out of steam quicker.

Sometimes i head off to the Radio City Bar where they have an Elvis Show nightly and other distractions as most of the Ladyboys i tend to go with, in general, only speak a little english .

Comment

I said to her well thats because KC3 is so intimidating most people hate the pressure and get the heck out of there after one drink.
        Well said, Mardhi.  I was just about to start a new thread "KC3 - I'm a customer, get me out of here!"   But it's been said often enough in this Forum, and I cant understand why they dont get the message.  

The other night I went into KC3 earlyish, as my hotel this week is in Silom. Was chatting to Cee, who was quite polite & friendly, but then I literally got jumped on by a wild thing - my head nearly pulled off (while my face was being smothered between two ample add-ons).  And 2 others giving me the glare for not buying them a drink immediately they asked me!

Result:    paid the bill and left.  Off to Nana - maybe not the hi-so of places, but very civilised in comparison.

Didnt know about freelancing etc, maybe yes a factor - but in that case Mamasan finds it difficult to enforce any standards?  PS> maybe no Mamasan, or very poor one. Example: Bee at Obsessions very good, and I think it shows
        TT

Comment

The other 'get me out of here' is of course the DREADED midnight cabaret in Cascades/ Obs (aka the Tip Con antics).

TT

Comment

Mardhi..... what's the music going to be in here, juke box?

can people bring their own? what format?

I for one can not stand techo or trance or whatever the hell they call it and unlike the poster who enjoys jenny star bar music that place and KC3 and sometimes cascades play music that was made by a computer only and have no guitar or anything else 'natural'.

being a head-banging metalhead since 7th grade and refusing to mellow out, I know I can not get my style of music played anywhere in Asia {Sepultura, System of a Down, Fear Factory, Jawbreaker, Deftones, et al..... even some old Sabbath would be nice}; but can we at least get some rock 'n' roll or current cool stuff that does not include Brittany Spears, J. Lo, Tata Young or that computer-made bullshit?

since the girls won't be dancing too much they won't really mind what's on, so it seems....

Comment

I would love a lounge style place with LB, more in common with some of the places in Soi 33, Christie€™s for instance. A place where the girls are nicely dressed and they do not rush at you as soon as you get through the door, but calmly wait until you motion them to join you. If the drinks were a little more expensive then in the €œshit pits€ as Stogie so fondly calls them, I would not personally mind as long as the drink are decently mixed and not watered down. A G & T should taste like a gin and tonic. The bar fine could also be a little over the standard rate of 500/600 baht (not as much as in Soi 33) as long there is style and atmosphere in this new place.

When it comes to music they should set up a MP3 based system with a huge hard disk to store all the songs instead of having a €œmillion€ old CD. The PC should have a few USB connections and a set up for iPods and other known brands of MP3 player so customers easily could bring their own players for a few tracks at a sensible sound level. This place would probably attract the crowd that is 35+ and techno and gangster rap is probably not everyone€™s cup of tea.

If this place is getting to halve as good as I hope, I would probably get my mail forwarded there. If not, then it will be just another place that you drop by for a drink or two and head off. Just my two cents.
              Per Vers
              Official Spokesperson of Gillette

Comment

I am going there guys tomorrow and i will find out
                about it and i will let u all know. BKK needs a place like that buut also needs beautifull lbs working there.BUT until the place opens could we all know were the lbs on the photos work now...details will be the best.
                MAYBE LUCKY A KNOWS.

Comment

Dont forget Jay's only exposure to bars is working for a few months in KC3 - I suspect the pricing will follow whatever is in KC3 where if memory serves me correctly a beer is 100 baht and a barfine 500 baht. So immediately that would cheaper than Nana.

She has already told me that lady drinks will be alcoholic and very similar to the damn cocktails she and Kiki love in Marine disco - the nearest thing I could compare it to is a vokda and some red stuff turned into a slurpy or slush puppy. Personally I think they are disgusting but the gals seem to love them and they get pretty merry on them on as well. She also wants to keep drink prices very simple so I would expect a very simple pricing structure and LD's will be same as regular beers from what I gather.

One of her friends is an IT manager and she (yes another LB) is designing the music system and it will be PC based and into I guess an amplifier and then speakers. Frankly I know nothing about how any of this is going to work but she says her mate could do it in her sleep !!!! - So in answer to JD's question - if you have the files on a i-pod or disc, I assume they could load them into the PC, but as I say, I struggle to print documents so I have no real understanding how any of this comes together.

Cheers
                  Mardhi

Comment

Hey Mardhi... Have you heard the latest on a projected opening time?

Comment

the more i hear about this potential place, the more i like the sound of it tho being a british indie fan ( think the doves, kooks hardfi ) not sure if they will play my music of choice, but personally as long as its civalised it will get my custom any day

Comment

(stogie bear @ Oct. 26 2006,21:42) Hey Mardhi... Have you heard the latest on a projected opening time?
                        As far as I know the bar is expected to open sometime at the end of November assuming of course the builders finish on time.

Cheers
                        Mardhi

Comment

(mardhi @ Oct. 27 2006,00:46)
                          (stogie bear @ Oct. 26 2006,21:42) Hey Mardhi... Have you heard the latest on a projected opening time?
                          As far as I know the bar is expected to open sometime at the end of November assuming of course the builders finish on time.    

Cheers
                          Mardhi
                          I have also heard from a girl on a 'recruiting' list, that Jan 07 is a start date.

Having said that, sometimes I seem to know more than her about what's going on

Comment

I went there last night just to have a poke about and scout the location!

Good location - very descreet - ST rooms up stairs! Yippee!

Comment

I'm hooping i can have a at the new bar at 30Nov.
                              So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Any info on the location?SB.
                                If she aint got a dick, she's just a chick!  

Comment

Working...
                                X