Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol @ Rocket

Friday Night:

Thanks to KL, Rooster74, and dav26 for helping to make last night pretty decent in cash terms, and great fun. Your generosity is appreciated
    Attached Files
    www.ladyboy-bar.com
    cocktailsanddreamsphuket.com

Comment

• Annie looking good
      Attached Files
      www.ladyboy-bar.com

Comment

• Cat
        Jiji & Balloon
        Attached Files
        www.ladyboy-bar.com

Comment

• Ice
          Attached Files
          www.ladyboy-bar.com

Comment

• Patricia with The End of the Day
            Attached Files
            www.ladyboy-bar.com

Comment

• Well Done Jimbo! It seems to be a fashion show at your bar every night! All the girls dressed to the 9's and dressed to impress! Anne looks great and I love Patricia in her purple pumps! Looking forward to meeting them all at the end of the month!
              Seize the day because tomorrow is never promised!

Comment

• Does anyone know the origin of "dressed to the nines (9's)"?

Comment

• Great to see you too Jim, and cant wait for July 3rd!!

Will be a night to remember for a very long time!!!

Hot here in Issan, was 42 when we landed at Udon!! and the company aint bad either...
                  seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

• (Steff @ Apr. 11 2010,00:39) Does anyone know the origin of "dressed to the nines (9's)"?
                    Steff, great question as I do not know the origin either but the term is used by my 92 year old mother and she told me that it means to be dressed up and looking good. I googled the phrase and came up with a couple links that seemed to have the best explanation. Here they are:

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/d...the-nines.html
                    http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is....nes.htm

Seems to be as clear as mud to me of the origination of the saying but it seems that way for the experts as well. Oh, well a good looking well dressed woman is always great to look at and Jimbo seems to have cornered the market at his bar!

Comment

• Thanks Johnny.

Really interesting. I like the association between "dressed to the nines" and "the whole nine yards'. Seems to make sense that the origin is linked to tailoring. Then again, the theory of it being bastardized from "dressed to the eyes" is also intriguing. So who the hell knows. By far more interesting was their explanation of the word orange. Arancia.

I know the origin of the word "Square" as in a person being referred to as "square". Do you? :-) It is also linked to tailoring. Now don't cheat and google it.

I apologize for detouring this thread but it is a boring afternoon in Canada and I am enjoying this.

Comment

•     I do like obscure trivia-do you know the origin of"on cloud nine" to denote being very happy?  The answer is in Bill bruford's book,"....a history of almost everything" I'd be on cloud nine if i had any of Jimbo's sweeties to take to bed tonight.I'd go the whole nine yards with them,then give them the whole 9 inches(I wish)

Comment

• Steff, I do not know the origin of square and I did not cheat and look,... yet. However, I know that the whole nine yards is used in construction to indicate the full amount.  I think a cement mixer truck carries 9 yards of concrete hence the term the whole nine yeards.  Ah well, Patricia is looking very hot in Jimbo's photo and yes I will and try to give her the whole nine yards so to speak, if she is interested! Photograph by Jimbo. Thanks Jimbo
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Travis!!!
                            Yes you wish!!!! Fer sure, hahahahha!

Johnny,

Square has to do to with cobbling. Up until the mid 17th century upper parts of a shoe were made with with folding the right and left sides leather flaps under-tucked with the front of the toe leather flap. This under-tucking created a "square" toe configuration. At some point in the mid 17th century someone in France figured out a way to make a shoe with a "round" toe. This became very fashionable and everyone just had to have it. As a result anyone with a "square" toe shoe was considered old fashioned and not with it. Thus referring to then as "square".

It is as simple as that. :-)

Comment

• Oh the stuff you learn on the internet! Thanks Steff

Comment

• Monday Night

A rip roaring night, resulting in a massive hangover for me yesterday, thanks to Andy (from Misty's Bar, Pattaya) and our own lovely Patricia who went really wild. She rang the bell 5 or 6 times (I lost count) !! I've never known staff do that!!
                                Attached Files
                                www.ladyboy-bar.com

Comment

Working...
                                X