X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You might want to try AEON bank, I think the machines are blue/orange.

Not many in Pattaya, one is at the Big C on Sukhumvit/Pattaya Tai and another at Carefour on Pattaya Klang between 3rd Road and Sukhumvit.

Comment

• Spotted the UOB bank machine at Nana BTS station and gave it a test with the Nationwide card yesterday.
      Last page before I got the cash told me it was going to charge 150 Baht!

The yello bank is still not charging.

I do wonder if some of the banks here have a tie-up with foreign banks and don't charge their associates cards? Anyone else got any ideas on this?

RR.
      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
      Kahuna

Comment

• Guys a LB friend on mine said you just have to go into the bank for a cash advance to avoid the ATM fee.
        Kind makes sense.

How about someone trying this and letting us know if there are any fees for over the counter cash advances.
        Kinda figures the ATM fee couldn't be charged

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

• (azza33 @ Sep. 19 2009,13:52) Guys a LB friend on mine said you just have to go into the bank for a cash advance to avoid the ATM fee.
          Kind makes sense.

How about someone trying this and letting us know if there are any fees for over the counter cash advances.
          Kinda figures the ATM fee couldn't be charged
          BigMick told me something the same recently, perhaps when he sees this thread he can fill us in. He said they did not charge the 150.

Comment

• From this weeks Stickmanweekly:

"It would seem the Government Savings Bank has joined the group of banks which charges the holders of foreign-issued ATM cards at their ATM machines. 150 baht will de deducted from your account if you use a Government Savings Bank ATM.

A reader reports that AeonThailand does not charge the ATM fee. They even have a notice on their ATMs saying that they do not charge the fee like other banks do! It seems that the non-Thai banks don't charge i.e. UBS, HSBC and Citibank whereas all of the locally Thai-owned banks do."

Comment

• (PigDogg @ Sep. 14 2009,17:52) You might want to try AEON bank, I think the machines are blue/orange.

Not many in Pattaya, one is at the Big C on Sukhumvit/Pattaya Tai and another at Carefour on Pattaya Klang between 3rd Road and Sukhumvit.
              This may cause some confusion, because the AEON atm is not at Big C, but rather Home Works, which is directly behind Big C if walking there from Pattaya Tai. The atm is outside their front door.

On their web site AEON says their atm at Carrefour is on the 2nd floor. I found one, which was off line at the time, just my luck, on the ground floor. Perhaps there is another on the 2nd floor, or their info is erroneous.

The 3rd and final atm I found when I searched their site for Cash Dispenser machines in Pattaya for AEON is at Lotus in South Pattaya.

I originally thought their web site showed 4, but was remembering wrong I guess.

When I searched their site for Dispenser/Deposit machines, they show 11 in Chonburi province. The info is vague on some of the locations, but there may be more in Pattaya depending on how you read the info and how accurate it is.
              “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
              ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

• Khun Lefty is correctomundo.

It's Homeworks, which is near Big C.

But this is NOT the Big C that most tourists are familiar with.

The other Big C and Homeworks is on Sukhumvit near Pattaya Tai.

Comment

• Very true. Do not confuse it with the one on 2nd Rd, North Pattaya. No AEON there i know of.
                  “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                  ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

• slight change of tack

will be in thailand in november

will bre taking a big bag of cash !!!!!!!!!!!

1) atm fees in thailand and uk
                    2)since the bank problems i cant find anybody that sells travellers cheques without ad min fees (which kill the better exchange rates)
                    3) using your credit card was always a poor choice

anybody else got any views on the best way to get yur bhat and fun

Comment

• If the admin fee in your country is only 1% traveler's checks are OK as long as you buy large denominations.

the reason for this is that traverler's checks get a better exchange rate than cash.

the fee in thailand is 33 baht per check.

if bringoing cash 100 USD gets a better exchnage rate than 20 USD but I think for other countries it doesn't matter.

Comment

• (sideshow mel @ Oct. 16 2009,12:04) will bre taking a big bag of cash !!!!!!!!!!!
                        Not the best idea, for security. You might say, "well, the hotel has a safe in the room." One of those with the keypad, huh? Like this one: http://www.a1qualitysafe.com/site/40...duct/A1Q-W1000 ... last year, in Bangkok, at a 4-star hotel, safe wouldn't open, they sent the maid up and she typed in the master code and opened the safe. The maid! I watched over her shoulder and saw the 6 digit master code she typed in. Lots of consecutive digits. I wrote it down and tried it on safes that are the same brand. It works on half I have tried.

The best plan is to get an ATM card with no foreign exchange fees on withdrawal. Most of the brokerage accounts have cards like this. Even if you pay 150 baht to get 15,000 baht at a time, it is only 1%. Or make a point to use a no-fee ATM like those listed here.

Have a backup ATM card taped into your passport, so if you lose the first one, you won't be shit-outa-luck.

Comment

• never used hotel room safes to easy to break into
                          but if there is one i lock it ti give the imopression something is in it

the two hotels i use have safety deposit boxes in reception
                          i put my valubles into a locakble pouch

then lock the box itself with a padlock i bring with me
                          them into the wall

effectively 3 layers of security if they get to the money withouy leaving a trail then good luck to them

i never go out drinking and chasing the girls with credit cards in my wallet or passport or expensive jewllrey

i only ever take out enough money that i can have a good eveing

and i always put money in more than one pocket (so if i get pick pocketed i have money to get home)

Comment

• As seen on the Internet.
                            Freedom's Phoenix would like to announce its first hardware product:

Introducing the Freedom's Phoenix printer.  

No longer will a select group of private businessmen have control over your money. Just like them, you too can start printing your own currency right from your own home or apartment.

Behold the Counterfeiter 4409 & Printer (prints in both portrait & landscape mode) ..  
                            Attached Files
                            .. I'm not young enough to know everything, and not old enough to have done everything..

Comment

• ..But wait that's not all, with our software upgrades you can print other country's currencies too, and as $500, $1,000 and $5,000 dollar bills are soon desperately brought back into circulation we will update the software so you can print those too.

Attached Files
                              .. I'm not young enough to know everything, and not old enough to have done everything..

Comment

• ...  And for those times when you are on the road, don't look for an ATM when you can use our portable Counterfeiter Mini printer for gasoline and grocery purchases or the occasional hooker.  
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X